Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G-Force Dyno Shootout! May 5th, 6-9pm

Re: G-Force Dyno Shootout! May 5th, 6-9pm

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    What year and mods is your R1? Gratz. So '09 R1's were making less than 145? That's kinda disappointing considering the factory CHP rating. What mods on that ZX10?

Anyone know what correction factor they were using that day?

Any European bikes dyno?

Aok & Capn, how did your CBR's do?
    No mods on mine, 07' R1 bone stock. His ZX10R has an Akrapovic exhaust and a PC V with autotune... the only European bike I think it was Bashed's Multistrada, not sure if anything else dyno'd earlier in the day that was Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    No mods on mine, 07' R1 bone stock.
    145whp stock, nice!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

That buell ran

I hit 135 which means i need to mod up
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    Age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

My wife and I came up from the Springs as well. Kinda slow to start but picked up there at the end. Thanks R1Nori. Lots of close shootouts.
    Sorry CC, I couldn't pass up the oppertunity.
    Good to meet all you folks, perhaps we will do a ride sometime, I have lots of stories about my travels.
    Good to meet you too Bash. Im really impressed by that multistada - thats a great bike.

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    does the video not play for you guys and if not Damir how did you get yours to work i have mine set as everyone in face book so they should be able to see it
    I couldn't get the video links to work for me, but it's no big deal. Pics look good AOK.

No mods on mine, 07' R1 bone stock. His ZX10R has an Akrapovic exhaust and a PC V with autotune... the only European bike I think it was Bashed's Multistrada, not sure if anything else dyno'd earlier in the day that was Euro.
    That bike runs great vlad for being completely stock and have the miles it does. Not to far from the 1000cc winners.

dunno why it wont let mine work and will let Damirs oi ill figure it out or send it too you on a link soon cap

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

You cant really comparr these numbers, with those from other dynos. Even with their correction factor, this dyno reads about 15hp lower then sea-level dynos

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    You cant really comparr these numbers, with those from other dynos. Even with their correction factor, this dyno reads about 15hp lower then sea-level dynos
    So you are saying that even corrected these numbers are not accurate?

He's saying maybe just a tad low. Kinda like load-bearing dynos (e.g. CarZ, Revolutions) show more realistic (lower) HP than inertia (e.g. DynoJet, Mustang) units. Even among same types, you can get variances froms shop to shop, day to day.

Hibler, do you know of any local bikes that have dyno'd at more than one shop, with the same exact setup/tune in both places? That might be a decent comparo. Shoot, get two bikes (twice the data), and do runs at two shops in the same day (temp/humid). That would be a fairly accurate comparison.

It would be cool to see a BMW S1kR on their dyno, to see how its numbers compare to other stocker's dynos posted on the S1000RR.net forum, from coastal states.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I do assume lower numbers due to various factors and all including altitude obviously but going to epic motorsports and try my luck there next weekend and see how it compares to the numbers I pulled yesterday

He's saying maybe just a tad low. Kinda like load-bearing dynos (e.g. CarZ, Revolutions) show more realistic (lower) HP than inertia (e.g. DynoJet, Mustang) units. Even among same types, you can get variances froms shop to shop, day to day.

Hibler, do you know of any local bikes that have dyno'd at more than one shop, with the same exact setup/tune in both places? That might be a decent comparo. Shoot, get two bikes (twice the data), and do runs at two shops in the same day (temp/humid). That would be a fairly accurate comparison.

It would be cool to see a BMW S1kR on their dyno, to see how its numbers compare to other stocker's dynos posted on the S1000RR.net forum, from coastal states.
    I was actually telling my friend about this event the other day. Sadly, I didn't see the posting here in time, or I would have ridden up and seen what my '12 S1kRR would have thrown down...
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

...going to epic motorsports and try my luck there next weekend and see how it compares to the numbers I pulled yesterday
    Cool, be sure to ask for both uncorrected (raw) number and the one after CF is applied. Then let us know how they compare with yesterday's two numbers.

Sarge, I doubt you got much to worry about, most of the dyno's I've seen are around 185WHP, amazingly enough matching the factory rating, nizzzzze.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Sun May 6th, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

good post. The Dyno is a good tool for verifying results of changes made to a vehicle. Do a baseline run, make changes, see what the effects are. Getting a hard on for the number it threw down or bragging on other forums about some testosterone filled HP number is guaranteed to make you the butt of jokes.

Sure, they are fun in a event like this where you're comparing bike to bike - like racing but without the rider as a factor. At least more fun than all of us sitting around comparing spark plugs.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

So the raw number is the sea level number against the corrected one for altitude?... I'm not bragging on anything really, I was curious as of what approximate HP # the bike threw down being stock. Just want to understand more of the corrected vs raw numbers, that's all.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun May 6th, 2012 at 08:19 PM.

So the raw number is the sea level number against the corrected one for altitude?... I'm not bragging on anything really, I was curious as of what approximate HP # the bike threw down being stock. Just want to understand more of the corrected vs raw numbers, that's all.
    The raw (uncorrected) number is the ACTUAL HP at this altitude. The software adds a CF (correction factor of 1.25 to add 25%) which it calculates based on the shop's altitude and climate factors (temp/humid). We get huge CF's up here because the mile high altitude robs motors of a lot of horsepower, especially N/A bikes. Turbo or SC'd motors suffer a little less loss, but are still less efficient than at sea-level. Since forced induction can make up somewhat for altitude, you really need to run a lower CF, maybe chop it in half.

For example, your R1 might've put down around 120 real HP, but with the CF, it tells you that it made 145whp. So you can ROUGHLY compare that number with uncorrected sea-level dyno numbers. But there are so many variables. Like Winker said, dyno's are a tuning tool, and can approximate real world sea-level horsepower, but it will not be super-accurate to compare with bikes from other shops, especially out of state.

I've dyno'd my Supra (since bone stock in 2001) dozens of times, for 11 years now, and have been witness to scores of heated debates about CF, sea-level, N/A vs. F.I., different types/brands of dynos, local shops with overly-generous CF, etc.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Sun May 6th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks for the explanation bro, makes more sense now. And that's all I really wanted to know is what real approximate HP # I am actually using out of the bike. I'll make sure to ask for a raw number/CF when I run at Epic next Saturday.

Thanks for the explanation bro, makes more sense now. And that's all I really wanted to know is what real approximate HP # I am actually using out of the bike. I'll make sure to ask for a raw number/CF when I run at Epic next Saturday.
    So again - when was a machine calibrated, how was it calibrated, etc, etc...

Not to poop in the G-force thread, it's all fun. Comparing bike to bike on the same machine shows who's bike is pulling more power. Getting excited about the "number" is a bit of a waste.

When using the dyno as a tuning tool, you always go back to the same dyno to check results as the readings from one machine to another can vary.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Not to poop in the G-force thread, it's all fun. Comparing bike to bike on the same machine shows who's bike is pulling more power. Getting excited about the "number" is a bit of a waste.

When using the dyno as a tuning tool, you always go back to the same dyno to check results as the readings from one machine to another can vary.
    Yep, exactly... it's fun to compare bike vs bike, same dyno, around the same time. But Even the bikes that dyno'd around noon, then re-dyno'd in the evening picked up like 1-2 HP so there's a tad difference there.

Yes, I can give you two specific examples. First, the new ZX14R has been dynoing a pretty solid 195rwhp BONE STOCK all across the country. As you can see, the best the one pulled on Saturday was 180rwhp.... Also, the guy who owns that ZX14R previously owned a GSXR1000... he had dyno'd it last year at Bandimere on one of those Mobile dyno's... it put down 160rwhp.... he then sold it to a friend, bought the 14R, etc... well his friend brought the GSXR to G-force on Saturday, and it put down 149rwhp... so 11 less then what it read on the dyno at Bandimere.

So really, don't use it as a comparison to other bikes on the net. But compare to other bikes that dyno'd that same day at G-force.

Eh whatever, hopefully epic says I do 350whp and then come back to G-force and dyno 146whp lol... it was still fun regardless of all the bs technicalities

it was still fun regardless of all the bs technicalities
    That's what matters!

1999 DR650SE

Free dyno is all i remember

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Another good way to see how much "actual" HP you have up here is to run hard at Bandi and note your trap speed. You can find calculators online (or formulas), plug in your total weight: ~450# wet? + driver weight + helmet/boots/clothes:

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/Phil/bg/

http://www.dragtimes.com/horsepower-...calculator.php

Great post #64 by Tinkerin above, right on the money.

First, the new ZX14R has been dynoing a pretty solid 195rwhp BONE STOCK all across the country. As you can see, the best the one pulled on Saturday was 180rwhp...

So really, don't use it as a comparison to other bikes on the net. But compare to other bikes that dyno'd that same day at G-force.
    Nice. So MadV's R1 might be putting down around 155-160whp, right on. I'd rather have a dyno read low than high, that way you know that your vehicle makes at least as much as it says.

Quote Originally Posted by big53lee View Post
    I would love to kno some numbers guyz!
    i ran last year and put down 150hp exaclty with my 09 R1. 99% stock besides the 2 M4 cans under the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I was actually telling my friend about this event the other day. Sadly, I didn't see the posting here in time, or I would have ridden up and seen what my '12 S1kRR would have thrown down...
    Bring it down anytime and we will run it for free for you !

Yep, exactly... it's fun to compare bike vs bike, same dyno, around the same time. But Even the bikes that dyno'd around noon, then re-dyno'd in the evening picked up like 1-2 HP so there's a tad difference there.

Yes, I can give you two specific examples. First, the new ZX14R has been dynoing a pretty solid 195rwhp BONE STOCK all across the country. As you can see, the best the one pulled on Saturday was 180rwhp.... Also, the guy who owns that ZX14R previously owned a GSXR1000... he had dyno'd it last year at Bandimere on one of those Mobile dyno's... it put down 160rwhp.... he then sold it to a friend, bought the 14R, etc... well his friend brought the GSXR to G-force on Saturday, and it put down 149rwhp... so 11 less then what it read on the dyno at Bandimere.

Oh yes ! The dyno, the ego bruiser ! All dynos read different across the country. There isn't two dynos that read the same. If you want a bragging number, go to Faster motorsports. Thiers reads about 14 hp higher than ours. (try to get a free run ! lol)
    the thing that matters is the powercurve! Usable power, not total power!
    My Vmax at Faster would be 187 rwhp Woo Hoo!