Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRA Round 1......

Re: MRA Round 1......

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    That was an amazing day!
    U do SS?
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I got it on film! That was Aaron Fisk, the report is he's got a fractured tibia. I hope the other guy was ok too, he got clocked pretty good. I was at T1 during SS
    Thankgod was referring to superstreet....there was a guy that had a near highside in turn 3 I believe. All I saw in the distance was a foot/leg up in the air...... Somehow he saved it though.

Quote Originally Posted by big53lee View Post

Mr. Slo! Wow. Very impessed, and inspired after today. Not only are you NOT slow! But ur a stand up guy.

Whenthe lights get situated hit me up. Would love to roll wit u and learn a few things, n grab a starbucks and some knowledge too.

Oh and MRA, watch out for team 5lo.

P.s. I'm going to be dreaming of your bikes distinct roar!
    I definitely will hit you up when I get the other bodywork situated. Damn, wish the friggin video worked.
    Last edited by Slo; Sat May 5th, 2012 at 11:58 PM.

Anyone really good with .mov files that are undf/corrupt? My race is 1.7gb and friggin corrupt, I will never have video like that again.

Slo u looked damn good out there. But get a new exhaust, my ears hate you

i was in t1 yesterday

Good job on your first race back! That'll move you up to a much better starting position and now you should be able to do some real damage.

I was talking with the SS guy that tried to high side in T3 he scared the crap out of himself but was otherwise ok. The crash in T1 that Jeff is talking about was at the end of LW/MW Endurance. Arron Fisk and Jeff Winters went down hard and the race was red flagged. Best wishes for both riders.
    Joe if you were in 1, I was coming up rhe straight when you threw the yellow, I looked over through 1 and saw the dust cloud and then saw you quickly throw the red. Thanks for your efforts out there! Along with all the other corner workers.
    Superstreet guy did a great job once again and provided some good entertainment.
    special congrats to "Powers" from here for taking my old ninja250 and tearing it up! It was really cool to see and hear her out there again.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post

i was in t1 yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    The crash in T1 that Jeff is talking about was at the end of LW/MW Endurance. Arron Fisk and Jeff Winters went down hard and the race was red flagged. Best wishes for both riders.
    Joe if you were in 1, I was coming up rhe straight when you threw the yellow, I looked over through 1 and saw the dust cloud and then saw you quickly throw the red. Thanks for your efforts out there! Along with all the other corner workers.
    Yup! I was on the front straight, about to enter T1 when the flags went from yellow to red. I came around and all I saw was dirt, debris, and two bikes. I recognized Winters' bike from seeing him earlier, but I didn't know it was Fisk who had crashed until I came off the track.

i was in t1 yesterday
    Joe, exhaust was cheap, easy replacement for when I have a crash LOL. I practiced one session without ear plugs, and for the race, I was jamming the ear plugs as snug as they would get.

But hey Joe....that's awesome what you did yesterday. The entire staff/volunteering for cornerworking.....and the photographers, man you all take a beating out there!!!! When we ride around in the cool down lap, you guys/gals are clapping and giving us the thumbs up, this should be reversed, we should be giving you all a thumbs up!!

Arron Fisk and Jeff Winters went down hard and the race was red flagged. Best wishes for both riders.
    +1

Good result SLO
    MRA #595
    01' YZF R6 RACE (Kinky Kylie)
    Facebook - Shawn Parrish

Congrats Jay, and any other CSC'ers who raced!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by thankgod View Post
    It was awesome....the smells, the sounds, everyone having a great time....I'll be at the next race! MUCH RESPECT TO THE RACERS!
    heh, first time to the track? Once the addiction sets in, you'll never be able to shake it.

To be honest I think I saw you racing, but I was more focused on the female leaving all the boys in the dust...
    Sio? Or someone else?

That was an amazing day!
    Agreed....Brad you did great today brother! FUCK shit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    U do SS?
    ^What he said, did either of you (Wolf or Corn) do SS this time?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    ^What he said, did either of you (Wolf or Corn) do SS this time?
    Yea, best $100 I have ever spent Thanks MRA for an amazing day and Rybo for being an awesome instructor.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Yea, best $100 I have ever spent Thanks MRA for an amazing day and Rybo for being an awesome instructor.
    Cool man, glad you did it!

And Rybo is awesome...just don't tell him that.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Yesterday was my first time out to HPR. Wow, what a cool experience! It was awesome just walking around the tents and paddock meeting the racers and checking out the race bikes. Even though I only got to watch the last two races I'm hooked! Now it's time to sell EVERYTHING on EBay and buy a track bike! Mad props to everyone involved! Brad, great job in the SS race!
    Yellow is the new Green.

Good job on your first race back! That'll move you up to a much better starting position and now you should be able to do some real damage.

I was talking with the SS guy that tried to high side in T3 he scared the crap out of himself but was otherwise ok. The crash in T1 that Jeff is talking about was at the end of LW/MW Endurance. Arron Fisk and Jeff Winters went down hard and the race was red flagged. Best wishes for both riders.
    Superstreet guy did a great job once again and provided some good entertainment.
    special congrats to "Powers" from here for taking my old ninja250 and tearing it up! It was really cool to see and hear her out there again.
    Phew just got back from day 2, exhausted.

That incident in turn 1 was tough for sure. Before he stopped sliding I knew it was going to be on the track and waved debris, then moved to waving yellow, then sprinted back to get the red. #1 goal was to hopefully get everyone's attention with the flags so they can avoid, but the other rider must have fixated
    Other than a couple small hiccups it was a relatively quiet weekend.

Maybe I'll do superstreet on the R6 next round at HPR since I didn't manage to get shit together to get my license this year. Richard let me know if you're doing it, I'll chase ur ass down

Rybo I hope ur doin good dude

Is this Lance? If so, my girlfriend & I were on the bleachers near the start/finish, watching with your wife & girls. They were so excited to see you out there.
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

What he said, did either of you (Wolf or Corn) do SS this time?
    Good on you Wolfeyes. I didnt make this round. I planned on hitting the track tomorrow, now cancelled due to weather, and trying to get up to speed before Super Street in June.

Rybo I hope ur doin good dude
    Did Rybo go down? If so, that sucks and I hope Scott's OK.

I didnt make this round. I planned on hitting the track tomorrow, now cancelled due to weather, and trying to get up to speed before Super Street in June.
    Gotcha. I knew you were itching to get out there for SS, didn't know if you made this round or not. Well, GL for June--assuming you stop making it rain every time you sign up for something.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

yea in turn 2 today

Gotcha. I knew you were itching to get out there for SS, didn't know if you made this round or not. Well, GL for June--assuming you stop making it rain every time you sign up for something.
    Ri god damn diculous!

Good on you Wolfeyes. I didnt make this round. I planned on hitting the track tomorrow, now cancelled due to weather, and trying to get up to speed before Super Street in June.
    You need to get your ass off the seat and upper body out towards the mirror broheim.

Hope you do well in the next SS.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Is this Lance? If so, my girlfriend & I were on the bleachers near the start/finish, watching with your wife & girls. They were so excited to see you out there.
    Nope, Im Brad Young kid, long hair, blue r6 :P

I think round 2 is the 19th of May
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

MRA board members where dropping like flies, with both Aaron and Rybo being sent to the hospital in two separate incidents.

On Saturday Aaron was running in Middleweight Endurance passing Siobhan on the outside of turn 1 when Jeff Winter lost grip in front of them leaving Aaron no where to go. Aaron t-boned Jeff and went airborne. Broke his tibia on the way down but is in good condition otherwise.

Rybo was qualifying for Race of the Rockies on Sunday when he over shot turn 2. Looked like he let go after running off the pavement but the bike flipped. He ended up with a broken collar bone and some cracked ribs. He was fine thou.

MRA Racer No.427

Nope, Im Brad Young kid, long hair, blue r6 :P
    Gotcha, there were two blue R6's out there, yours must've been the one with the taped up mirrors.
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

The HPR weekend in June will not have SupseStreet due to the 4 hour endurance race.