Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRA Round 1......

Re: MRA Round 1......

Glad to hear the injuries weren't extreme... wish you fellas a quick recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    The HPR weekend in June will not have SupseStreet due to the 4 hour endurance race.
    Dafuq!
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Just go do PPIR

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    MRA board members where dropping like flies, with both Aaron and Rybo being sent to the hospital in two separate incidents.

On Saturday Aaron was running in Middleweight Endurance passing Siobhan on the outside of turn 1 when Jeff Winter lost grip in front of them leaving Aaron no where to go. Aaron t-boned Jeff and went airborne. Broke his tibia on the way down but is in good condition otherwise.

Rybo was qualifying for Race of the Rockies on Sunday when he over shot turn 2. Looked like he let go after running off the pavement but the bike flipped. He ended up with a broken collar bone and some cracked ribs. He was fine thou.
    Glad to hear that both guys are ok. Didn't see Rybo's but Aaron's happened right in front of me. Scared the crap out of me seeing him fly through the air like that.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

Hope Rybo recovers fully!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

hi all, and thanks for the support.

I broke rule #1 today after overshooting T2 - I remember most of it now, and remember seeing the wall approaching fast and deciding to fall down instead of hitting it.

I didn't escape injury - I have a broken collarbone, a broken rib and a fracture in C7. I've been released from the hospital and am resting at home, as comfortable as I can be.

Lots of love and thanks to:

Sarah - the best wife EVER
    The corner crew and safety folks with the MRA
    Western Ambulance, especially Steve who took great care of me
    Brian at Speedin motorsports, one of my sponsors, who helped clean up the pits and keep things organized
    rforsythe, cdbouncer, void for packing up all my crap and driving it to the house
    Dave Rose (irdave) for all the help through the weekend and taking care of the bike post crash and I'm sure countless other people who pitched in in one way or another.
    Erin S. for bringing me a chocolate shake at the house after I got home
    Shoei Helmets- the inside of this thing is broken in several places and my head has no more damage than I started with.
    Ayden Lee Racing Leathers - everything worked the way it was supposed to. The armor and suit stayed in place so well that you can see the dots from the hole in the liner in the friction burns on my skin.

The healing process is going to take a while, but I'm as comfortable as I can be and have great support up here in Milliken.

-scott
    Last edited by rybo; Sun May 6th, 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post

I broke rule #1 today after overshooting T2 - I remember most of it now, and remember seeing the wall approaching fast and deciding to fall down instead of hitting it.

I didn't escape injury - I have a broken collarbone, a broken rib and a fracture in C7. I've been released from the hospital and am resting at home, as comfortable as I can be.

Lots of love and thanks to:

Sarah - the best wife EVER
    The corner crew and safety folks with the MRA
    Western Ambulance, especially Steve who took great care of me
    Brian at Speedin motorsports, one of my sponsors, who helped clean up the pits and keep things organized
    rforsythe, cdbouncer, void for packing up all my crap and driving it to the house
    Dave Rose (irdave) for all the help through the weekend and taking care of the bike post crash and I'm sure countless other people who pitched in in one way or another.
    Erin S. for bringing me a chocolate shake at the house after I got home
    Shoei Helmets- the inside of this thing is broken in several places and my head has no more damage than I started with.
    Ayden Lee Racing Leathers - everything worked the way it was supposed to. The armor and suit stayed in place so well that you can see the dots from the hole in the liner in the friction burns on my skin.

The healing process is going to take a while, but I'm as comfortable as I can be and have great support up here in Milliken.

-scott
    GET WELL SOON! Both to you and Aaron! Was their another rider that hurt himself? I think I read it earlier, you guys need to rest up. BEST OF LUCK!
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Still working on the pictures (1000+) - will post up links during the week.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Still working on the pictures (1000+) - will post up links during the week.
    Looks stressful lol

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Looks stressful lol
    ... till he had to throw the yellow and the red flags.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Get well soon Rybo! I hope to see you out there asap.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Hope you guys heal up and get back to racing soon. Sounds like a good race otherwise. I'll have to get out there for some spectating next round.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    ... till he had to throw the yellow and the red flags.
    Gotta stay on our feet all day. The second my turn is clear i'm always straight on my ass. BTW, were you the guy in the green camo pants? I didn't know that was you

Glad you're alright Rybo. It's always a tough call when you see the wall coming, but you made the right choice by tucking it

Also I saw you out there WolfEyez. You had some great lines. Looked really clean
    Last edited by tecknojoe; Mon May 7th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.

It is actually a very tough way to spend a day, let alone two in a row, but it is pretty cool to be that close to the racing especially the guys that really know how to get around the track. I know we always say thanks to you guys and gals but be assured our appreciation is genuine and I gotta say I actually get pretty choked up emotional at the end of our races when you guys cheer us on and I try to return the gesture.

Anyone wanting to get involved in racing or just want an awesome seat to watch (and get paid a little to do so) should give cornerworking a try, it is an adventure for sure and for track riders it can be very educational.

congrats CSC'ers! speedy recovery to those who didnt keep the shinny side up

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Corner workers rock.

Hope everybody heals up ok and gets back out there.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Gravity 2 -- MRA 0 Get better youz guyz!
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

+1 on the cornerworkers.... I couldn't thank you guys/gals enough for doing what you do. Riding out there is tough, but damn, standing out there all day....sometimes 2 days in a row. I have a ton of respect for all of you.

Just like what bueller said, theres some emotion at the end of a race when all the corner workers are waving/clapping and giving you a thumbs up..... and you know they are there possibly to save your life.

I had a great time this weekend. I can't wait until the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
    I had a great time this weekend. I can't wait until the next round.
    That short config made the 250's great race(s) You will have a lot of fun @ PPIR

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    special congrats to "Powers" from here for taking my old ninja250 and tearing it up! It was really cool to see and hear her out there again.
    Thanks! Congrats on your 2nd place!

It was a great 1st race day experience for me. Thanks to to all the MRA staff and racers that helped out and made everything go smooth and safe. I guess we were one of the few SS races that didn't have anyone go down?

I am looking forward to PPIR on the 19th, see you guys out there.

And if anyone is still on the fence about doing SS, stop thinking and go do it! I was on a 250 with people shooting by my on the straights, but it was still a kick!

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    That short config made the 250's great race(s) You will have a lot of fun @ PPIR
    I'm looking forward to it!

It was a fun day. Here's some onboard from the SuperStreet race. We had a heck of a battle for what I think ended up being 3rd. John had a huge high side in turn 11 right in front of my in lap two(left a huge blackie). I don't think I was close enough to catch the GSXR highside in turn 3. I was having trouble with the way my brake lever the first few laps, but sorted that out after blowing turn 4 twice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCsyu...1&feature=plcp
    Last edited by jbnwc; Mon May 14th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post

-scott
    Sorry you went down man, but very glad you're as Ok as you are.

Rest up, heal up, we'll see you out there again in no time.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson