Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beaten to Death why?

Beaten to Death why?

Video's in the link.

His calling out for his Dad as he's beaten to death by cops is both sickening and depressing--and, remember, this happened in America, not some Third World country...what are we coming to?

http://www.commondreams.org/further/2012/05/09-5

I'm Sorry, Dude, I Can't Breathe, I Can't Breathe

A California judge has ruled that two police officers will go to trial on homicide charges in the 2011 death of Kelly Thomas, 37, a homeless schizophrenic man they beat, punched and tasered to death for no apparent reason outside a Fullerton bus station. The D.A. has also said he may charge at least one more officer. A preliminary hearing featured chilling, previously undisclosed video footage from a surveillance camera and bystanders' cell phones. Warning: very graphic. Same for photos.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...150794335.html

A judge Wednesday ordered Fullerton Officer Manuel Ramos and Cpl. Jay Cicinelli to stand trial on all charges in the death of Kelly Thomas, who died five days after he encountered the officers at a Fullerton Transportation Center in July.

Kelly Thomas Case: Timeline, Surveillance Video |

Officer Manuel Ramos is charged with second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in the death of Thomas. Cpl. Jay Cicinelli is charged with involuntary manslaughter and excessive force.

Ramos faces a potential sentence of 15 years to life if convicted of second-degree murder but only four years if convicted of involuntary manslaughter. Cicinelli faces a maximum sentence of four years in prison.
    "I can't say that I'm happy," Kelly Thomas' father Ron said after the order was issued. "These past few days have been traumatic for me again. I've said many times we're in a war, and this is just another battle that fortunately for right now we have won."

Judge Walter Schwarm heard from witnesses and viewed surveilance video of the beating during a preliminary hearing that started Monday. During the transportation center surveillance video, Thomas -- a homeless man who suffered from mental illness -- can be heard calling for his father and telling officers that he cannot breathe.

Thomas died five days later after he was removed from life support.
    UC-Irvine trauma surgeon Dr. Michael Lekawa testified Tuesday that Thomas suffered from hypoxia -- the body as a whole or a region of the body wasn't getting enough oxygen.

But defense attorneys have questioned witnesses during the preliminary hearing about whether the actions of responding paramedics might have contributed to Thomas' death.

At a pre-trial hearing in December, Ramos' attorney said the officer used "only that force that was necessary" to restrain "a non-compliant suspect."

The 38-year-old Ramos is a 10-year Fullerton police veteran. Cicinelli, 42, and Ramos are on unpaid administrative leave. Four other officers who responded to the bus depot were not charged.

It was Ramos who started the chain of events that led to Thomas' death, according to District Attorney Tony Rackauckas. He arrived at the transportation center after a report of car break-ins. Officer Joe Wolfe arrived a short time later.

The officers said they found mail addressed to someone else in Thomas' backpack.

In the surveillance video, Ramos can be heard telling Thomas, "Now you see my firsts? They're getting ready to f--- you up."

"There's just no way in the world that's lawful conduct," Rackauckas said. "Is that implied malice? Of course it is.''

When Thomas got up to run, Wolfe struck him with the baton, according to Rackauckas. Cicinelli arrived and began using his stun gun on Thomas, the DA said.

"He does not give him time to comply. He just zaps him again," Rackauckas said. "Then he jumps on him and smashes his face with the Taser. Those aren't my words, those are his words."

But Ramos defense attorney John Barnett argued that, under the prosecution's logic, "a suspect can flee with impunity." He also argued that Thomas couldn't have taken the threat seriously because he said, "Start punching, dude.''

As for Cicinelli, his attorney argued that he had no way of knowing what had happened before he arrived. All Cicinelli saw when he arrived were his fellow officers involved in a struggle with a "combative'' suspect, attorney Michael Schwartz said.

"We don't use 20/20 hindsight to judge those officers,'' Schwartz said. "We can't have suspects dictate what an officer can do under the law.''
    Dr. Aruna Singhania, the pathologist who performed the autopsy on Thomas' body, returned to testify Wednesday. Thomas died due to bleeding from his broken nose and other facial injuries, she testified Tuesday.

The blood filled his lungs and oxygen deprivation left his brain dead, Singhania said.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Beaten to Death why?

There is nothing worse than scum defending scum.... man this is the type of shit that really gets my blood boiling and going, injustice!... 4 yrs in prison for one of the officers for KILLING A MAN... not injuring, KILLING.... pretty serious deal if that judge hasn't looked at it in a dictionary. These douchebags deserve the same card played back, pieces of shit.... Way to represent a force that takes a vow of servitude, protection and above all justice. No mercy from my part, I hope God forgives you fucks for such actions which are beyond disgusting.

Gold Member

The moment a cop holds up his fists and says im going to fuck you up we should run. Fast. Fuck cops.

Mutha fkers must've been inspired after watching Clockwork Orange.

Jefferson County sherrifs are some of the worst corrupt pieces of shit on this earth, they will beat the shit out of you and than claim you were resisting.

Fuck Cops!!
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles

What a horrible story! As if a homeless guy's life isn't bad enough, then to end with a beating, and die suffering.

These guys should apply for positions with the Downtown Denver PD (District 2). They'd fit right in with those power-tripping mofos. They actually try to pick fights with people to see if you are obedient or get mouthy. I've seen it multiple times over the years, and not just with drunk people. How many videos of beatings in Denver alone did we see pop up last year? Pretty sure they all got away with them too.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Thu May 10th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    What a horrible story! As if a homeless guy's life isn't bad enough, then to end with a beating, and die suffering.
    The calling for his dad at the end really got to me. I mean this is what we've become as a society?
    Cops--those entrusted to Serve & Protect us--beat a helpless, homeless guy to death just for the fun of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    How many videos of beatings in Denver alone did we see pop up last year? Pretty sure they all got away with them too.
    The joy of being in a position of Power and Authority is that you can use both to keep yourself out of trouble--when you're "the law" then The Law is always going to take your side and ensure no harm comes to you.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Our new police chief was suppose to signify change. I'm curious what they've done. Maybe it's working, it's been a couple months since I've seen a Denver PD beating video. How sad is it that I even make a statement like that? Sheesh.

Side-note: I know 90% of cops are fine and do come to our aid. The rotten apples unfortunately take it to another level and practically cancel out the other 90%, when it comes to public confidence and fear.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member

I refuse to respect the badge until they do.

In my encounters with the police it's about 50-50. I've caught police lying on several occasions and it's always their word over yours. The problem with police is that they are people and people in general are shitty.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiX7GTelTPM

Bad cops on their own little power trips. They are scum who should be held responsible for their actions.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

The calling for his dad at the end really got to me. I mean this is what we've become as a society?
    i understand how he callin for his father got to you. we all call for someone we love when we need their comfort. But for the poor guy, that was something for him to grasp to for self comfort before his end. Fucking cops!!!

yes society has become that and i dont see it getting better in generations to come.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Can't see the video. If these guys beat him for no reason, sure they should fry. Without seeing anything, it's too hard to have an opinion either way. That they are indicted should mean the DA thinks there's enough evidence, but that's all for the jury to find out.

I've run across some cops with bad 'tudes, but for the most part, they've been cool to me because I've been cool to them, and have even let me slide on some major tickets. So, I don't get the whacky FTP attitude. although, when I was a weed-smoking fiend teenager, I felt a little like that, though never near the extent I see voiced here. Generally, if you're busted, you're doing something wrong. Simple. IF there was abuse here, and it looks like there MIGHT be, it's a small minority when compared to all the things they do all over the US 24/7.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Can't see the video. If these guys beat him for no reason, sure they should fry. Without seeing anything, it's too hard to have an opinion either way. That they are indicted should mean the DA thinks there's enough evidence, but that's all for the jury to find out.

I've run across some cops with bad 'tudes, but for the most part, they've been cool to me because I've been cool to them, and have even let me slide on some major tickets. So, I don't get the whacky FTP attitude. although, when I was a weed-smoking fiend teenager, I felt a little like that, though never near the extent I see voiced here. Generally, if you're busted, you're doing something wrong. Simple. IF there was abuse here, and it looks like there MIGHT be, it's a small minority when compared to all the things they do all over the US 24/7.
    He was an unarmed man against two officers that were much bigger than him, what else needs to be seen/heard/said? He was not fighting back, the officers have scrapes on there elbows/hands from when they were holding him down while beating him.

When there were three officers on top of him one of them was repetitively hitting him in the head with his flashlight.
    Last edited by grim; Thu May 10th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Gold Member

Of course you would protect them. We have the ftp mindset because cops do as they please without regard for the people they serve.

I won't hold my breath for justice. RodneyKing's cops got off, and so did O.J. PROOF that (as mentioned prior about Walmart), 90% of the general public, which populate the jury pools, ARE EFFING BRAIN-DONOR IDIOTS.

Senior Member Moderator

Can't see the video.
    Before calling for his father, the poor guy is constantly screaming to the cops, "I'm sorry!", and "I can't breathe!"

When they ordered him to do something he told them, "Okay."

Sadly, it looks like he kept trying to move, probably so he can breathe (among numerous other reasons), but they just keep hitting him in their failure to subdue him.

His cries for his dad was definitely heart wrenching, and the pool of blood after the paramedics took him away was sickening.

Maybe you geniuses missed the part where I said I couldn't see the video?

I'm not "protecting" anyone there clownie, I just didn't see anything so I can't comment. Did I not also say if they abused him for no reason they should fry? Missed that one as well? Maybe y'all ought to finish 5th grade English class?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    He was an unarmed man against two officers that were much bigger than him, what else needs to be seen/heard/said?
    Like I said, I didn't see it, so I'm not going to comment on what you saw and interpreted. Is that really that difficult to figure out?

Like I said, if it truly is abuse of the nature you're claiming (and the DA believe with the charges), yep, they should certainly fry......AFTER due process.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

So the question is what are YOU going to do about it.
    Sit back and post on a forum about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Video's in the link.

His calling out for his Dad as he's beaten to death by cops is both sickening and depressing--and, remember, this happened in America, not some Third World country...what are we coming to?
    ....we are coming to......BECOMING a 3rd world country?

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    So the question is what are YOU going to do about it.
    Sit back and post on a forum about it?
    I was thinking the same thing...

http://www.denvergov.org/PoliceDepar...2/Default.aspx

There you go... go make a difference.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Gold Member

Maybe you geniuses missed the part where I said I couldn't see the video?

I'm not "protecting" anyone there clownie, I just didn't see anything so I can't comment. Did I not also say if they abused him for no reason they should fry? Missed that one as well? Maybe y'all ought to finish 5th grade English class?
    So dont comment you lawn gnome. You didn't see it. Can't comment. Your words. Yet I'm the one that needs to go back to school?

fuck cops, yet we have to pull over for these lose cannons... 4 of them beating a homeless guys... nice..
    "On my steel horse I ride"
    2013 CBR1000RR, 20769 Miles