Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MRA Race #2 @ PPIR May 19-20th!

Re: MRA Race #2 @ PPIR May 19-20th!

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    PIC or it didnt happen

Jm congrats man already getting close to the checkered flag
    Slo's fastest lap

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/...20519-1307.jpg

Last edited by CBR-Cowboy; Sat May 19th, 2012 at 11:57 PM.
    "On my steel horse I ride"
    2013 CBR1000RR, 20769 Miles

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Did he snag third? I thought he was runnin 4th when the red came out?

He looked damn good! Need to start calling you "Fas"
    He passed the "guy" the lap before the "final lap" when the red flag came out. and he held it for an entire lap.

sucks the wreck was right before the final turn and they don't have video there. was an awesome race and very exciting to see slo pass his nemesis. but the guy in the wreck was ok, so all is good
    "On my steel horse I ride"
    2013 CBR1000RR, 20769 Miles

Thanks everyone, their systems had issues from the rain delay. Turns out it swapped the 1st and 2nd spots also, but a board official actually saw the finish and recognized the riders.

Protested the results since I had made a pass the lap before the final lap and made it stick before the end of the last lap/red flag. I also had sequence pictures from a friend showing date/time stamps from the last two laps among I don't know how many witnesses.

All in all, was great fun, BUELLER.....got another podium finish!!!! And is one of a handfull of people that talked me into the MRA. Pretty nervous out there at first with weather, being among some quick riders.....and never being there before, I did my one session for practice and saved my tires for the actual race.

Sucks having to protest things, but that system/process is in place for when things like this happen. The other guy has the rest of the season still and is pretty fast so no problem for him. As for me, I am just trying to maintain top 10 finishes to earn my white plate for next year, in the ABSOLUTE cheapest way possible haha.

More great racing today! Drop by if your in the neighborhood

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Does anybody know if the tire vendors who are there doing race-support, ever have any stock of civilian tires for sale/mounting?

I want to ride down today to watch, but also to see if I can get a new rear bun put on. If anybody knows the inside scoop, shoot me a text or something! Thanks.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I went to ask Oscar but he is busy with ROR qualifying. My guess is probably not, if he even has tires with him you would need to bring him the wheels off the bike.

Good luck to all participants out there, especially CSC members haha. Stay safe.....im at home just veggin.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Thanks for asking for me, Dave!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Stopped by today and watched some live R.O.R along with the 250cc class and man what fun that was!... Definitely fueled me to make the track this season!

Quote Originally Posted by CBR-Cowboy View Post
    Bunch of red X's?

Great weekend of racing! Congrats to all that competed and heal up quick to those that fell. And thanks to those that came to watch and of course a special thank you to those that worked the races, you are awesome!

Congrats to Bueller and his (EDIT) "2" podiums.... Jose (not on this forum but a close friend) with 2 podiums on his first season in the MRA..... some great results coming about. Turning out to be an good competitive year in many different classes.
    Last edited by Slo; Mon May 21st, 2012 at 09:22 AM.

Congrats to all of you that made the podium this weekend. Lot's of close racing out there. And thanks to all the MRA crew and corner workers for putting on another great round.

I split right after my last race (NGTO) how did the rest of the afternoon go. Did they get all the races in?

JP

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Great job racing to all my fellow CSCers. It's great to see everyone out there.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79056942@N06/7241651308/

A great picture from the Production 250 Class with Lars, Peanut and I battling it out. If anyone has ever thought about racing, the Production 250 class is by far my favorite race out there. I have raced the bigger bikes and this puts the biggest smile on my face. It is also relative inexpensive to get started and maintain a great race season. If you have any questions about racing in this class, be sure to either pm me or post up here.
    Last edited by Kitten; Mon May 21st, 2012 at 08:31 AM.

I know this has been posted many times, but how do we import a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Basic [img] link. Either add [img]picturewebsite.jpg[/img] or click on the insert image button above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    That feature no longer works IIRC. You have to host it on a public site like Flickr or Photobucket and link to it.

Congrats to all the racers. I will have photos from Saturday up during this week on SpeedShots.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

How was the new track surface? any improvements on lap times for any of you?
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

We raced at PPIR not Pueblo. Pueblo is the one that got resurfaced.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

A great weekend of racing with the MRA at PPIR -

PPIR is a great track to be a spectator at because you can see the entire track from the top of the timing and scoring building. You can watch a whole race as it unfolds, identify where some riders are stronger than others and see how riders use their strengths to improve their race positions.

Saturday racing was fantastic with close battles in both Novice races along with the SuperSport classifications. While the race day was slightly shortened by a short weather delay, the overall day was a huge success and produced a ton of interesting racing. The Open Endurance race was especially entertaining as Mike Applegate and Doug Kahl battled for the entire race, driving lap times lower and lower as the race went on. This is the opposite of what you would typically expect from an endurance race, as tires start to wear out and riders start to get tired. These riders were able to dig deep and find a little extra and very little separated them after the duration of the race!

Sunday was even better, with solid weather throughout the day and warmer track and air temperatures driving lap times lower and lower through the day. Production 250 had multiple battles going on on throughout the race all through the field. Tony Baker and Jason "Hammer" Madama had an epic battle for the lead all through the race and other great battles like the one between Kitten and Peanut kept the racing exciting throughout the field.

David "Mobster" Mobley had a great day starting with a win in Amateur GTU that unfolded right from the start of the race. David has obviously been training in the off season and practicing in the pre-season as his riding in both of the Amateur races was fantastic. With fantastic starts and determination he held the lead from flag to flag in the GTU race and only got passed in the final stages of the GTO race. The fierce competition continued throughout the day including the Premier Class, Race of the Rockies where Doug Kahl, Mike Applegate and Dan Turner had a three way battle for the lead throughout the race.

Don't miss the next MRA race June 9th and 10th at High Plains Raceway in Byers Colorado. This marks the 3rd year for the MRA Annual 4-Hour Endurance race on Saturday June 9th.

Spectating with the MRA is easy - $10 at the gate gets you a pass for the entire weekend of racing. Even better, visit your favorite local motorcycle shop and get a 2 for 1 pass to get two spectators in for the $10 gate fee!

Hope to see you there!

Scott

Rybo, You are spot on. It was a fantastic weekend of racing with lots of fun battles. Can't wait for the next one and hope to see a bunch of people out there. You really can't get much better entertainment and all for such a low cost.

As a side note, if you can't beat the superstreet class that the MRA puts on. You get great instruction, practice and a race at the end. It's a great stepping stone into racing and/or just a great way to improve your riding skills.

Didn't I see on fb that Joe (Joew4506 ...or something. I forget his screen name) won NOV-U? Which is freaking awesome, cause I think it's his first race season!

I believe Dara is on his 1st race season as well. Just shows that the way the MRA sets things up, you don't have to race novice 4 years in a row as a novice to do well.

Was definitely an exciting weekend out there.... HPR will be fun times with the Endurance race bringing a few racers into Colorado from out of state.