Thread: Get out your checkbooks...

Get out your checkbooks...

Oh, and bend over... here we go again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18030022

JPMorgan reveals shock $2bn trading loss on investments

JPMorgan Chase, the biggest US bank, has revealed a surprise trading loss of at least $2bn (£1.2bn) on complex investments made by its traders.

Here's the part that really pisses me off...

"Taxpayers ultimately have to bail out these 'too big to fail' banks. And that's what JPMorgan is - it is too big to fail," he told BBC World Service radio.
    WHY??????

Why the hell do we have to pick up the tab for these idiots? I can not stand the whole concept of privatized gains and socialized losses... F that! When I screw up, I pay for it... plain and simple. This whole "too big to fail" crap is exactly that.

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Re: Get out your checkbooks...

After the AIG fiasco, Americans are sick of the "too big to fail" bullshit. Nothing surprises me, but I'm hoping the government does NOT give these CRIMINAL CLOWNS yet another chance. They got their one save already.

I forgot why we saved those big banks last time? Oh yeah, it was so they wouldn't get their megayachts & Lambo's repo'd. And people wonder why the 'Occupy' people are so pissed...
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri May 11th, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Salsa- why do you choose to ruin my Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Salsa- why do you choose to ruin my Friday?
    because The Chive is blocked at my office so all must suffer
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

Step 1) Government WILL bail them out again
    Step 2) US will begin defaulting on large portions of debt
    Step 3) WWIII
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    because The Chive is blocked at my office so all must suffer
    Valid. Proceed.

Its funny to me that the whole industry just excepts this shit. In their minds stuff like this just happens from time to time.

Complete bullshit. I have know a few big shots over the years and for the most part they are all ass hats out of the movie Boiler Room. Rolling the dice with other peoples money and when the end is neer doing everything they can to personally gain as much as they can before the roof collapses.

Worst part? That these companies get bailed out instead of burning down. Meaning they will still be doing shitty business in a year. Probably the most frustrating thing to watch.

They know what they are doing. There are a ton of pictures out there that capture the awesomeness of these loosers realizing they just lost everything.

That just means that someone else made 2b .... try to be a glass is half full person

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

These execs screw up, lose money, we pay for their stupidity, and they still get their bonuses and golden parachutes. I'd vote for a prez willing and able to go after these clowns......even Obama. There, I said it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    These execs screw up, lose money, we pay for their stupidity, and they still get their bonuses and golden parachutes. I'd vote for a prez willing and able to go after these clowns......even Obama. There, I said it.
    Eliminate that third step and let these companies who live by the sword, die by it as well.

I have no problem w/ execs getting paid. If you were offered it, you'd take it as well. I have HUGE issues w/ the gov coming in, bailing them out, and then preaching to us about fiscal responsibility all the while never setting up the governance they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Eliminate that third step and let these companies who live by the sword, die by it as well.

I have no problem w/ execs getting paid. If you were offered it, you'd take it as well. I have HUGE issues w/ the gov coming in, bailing them out, and then preaching to us about fiscal responsibility all the while never setting up the governance they promised.
    aaand if you fuck up and miss a mortgage payment or loose your job and cant make a cc payment, the same company that is a piss-poor example of paying debts, shoves it up your ass.