Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cdr track day

cdr track day

To all bike riders
    heres the scoop, being track manager has its perks, such as infinite track time tons of people to bounce ideas off of and recieve training from. it also has it down side like reading and listening to people blame the track for their riding. sure the track is bumpy thats a given but seeing as though this is the first time for the mra as well as many other clubs have been out to our track for many years id say for the lack of support and funding due to nonuse its in pretty good shape! just to give you an idea i working 15 days straight before the race to try and prep that track and as a one man army i had pletty on my plate. mowing every day, 72 bags of sackcrete mixed and layed down, moving bleachers and mowing under them, yelling at my weed spraying company for not showing up leaving me in a bad spot, as well as dealing with the fact some bumpkin down the way from us cut the culvert out on the east access road rendering the 70 acres above the track unuseable for parking like glenn and i had originaly planned. the fact of the matter is i would consider shane turpin a friend, and as the weekend went on i was floating between his pit and my office talking with him and his mechanic, asking if he was having any major issues with the track, they both replied with no the tracks fine its a little dirty but thats it and as saturday went on i heard from many that the track was dusting off.
    i know its not perfect guys, i work there im on the track every day but bitching about how it is and not showing any willingness to support it makes it very hard for me to get the money from the powers that be for improvements.
    im doing all i can with what i got(one man with a tractor and a broom.... some times a little motivation) but i cant convince my bosses by my self, the tracks is in better shape money wise than it has been in years but!!!! it isnt enough i got a quote to redo the dragon slide it came in just under $25000.00 so at that rate for a track that might make 100000 this year if things stay the same i looks bleek.
    heres my plans redo between 5 and 6 this is a big area of contention, redo the dragon slide tottaly reconfiguring it (not going to tell you the layout yet it will be a suprize), move the tires back outside of four, hire somone to repave the tire curbs. im not going to do anything with the bridge if your in the right spot for the turn you have plenty of track the fast guys dont even use the paved runoff thats there now. and finaly remove the wall and tires at the bottom of the slide into 9.
    let me know what you think. this is a batch of reasonable improvments. a repave no way not unless all you guys come out for every test and tunes and we have another mra race this year so dont hold your breath
    other wise the more people coming out having fun the better it will be next year keep that in mind.
    fee is 50.00 open tues-sunday every week every day i dont have any event is open for test and tune. alway tues thru fri no weekday events!!!!!!!!give me a call if your wondering if its open.303-961-8304 leave a message if you dont reach me
    if you want some training while your at our track contact Ricky Orlando at 303-666-6061 his classes are a great way to help imrove the most important aspect of riding you.

Re: cdr track day

waiting for Lurch to respond , Actually the track is real fun to ride on a trackday but in a competitive atmosphere I question the safety of riding cdr and opted to pass on racing there , sounds like you are headed in the right direction though .for future reference I am sure if you posted on this board to get some help with maintenance in trade for some tracktime there would probably be several people willing to help you out .

I actually like the track and I would like to ride it more but, at $50 and no kind of a frequent rider discount it sure makes it tough to drive all the way across Denver (I am south suburban) and the additional miles to get there, when it takes me 1/2 hour or so to get to SCR and I pay $36 to ride there. Granted SCR will be closing this fall, and that will certainly generate more business it will still be a tossup for me as to weather I go to Pueblo or CDR, at $50 for either, and only a slight bit more driving Pueblo is a larger and equally as fun. I believe if you guys would give us a little incentive to patronize you would see more traffic. I understand you are trying to turn a profit but if you have 1 or 2 riders at $50 or 10 at $35 which scenario brings in more revenue? And there is no additional expense if you have 2 people or 10 people.

i understand, money is key but ask anyone that is a good customer of mine that comes on a regular basis they get hooked up trust me. and i can usure you you bring two or three guys with you and youll see track time very very cheap(hows two bits sound). i just need the bodies to be showing up so i can hammer out these things i have mentioned.

CDR sucks ass!!!

just joking i dont think i could like it anymore really

(sorry josh, its a celebration bitches)

i really like this track i am there all the fuck time. i mean during the week when i have time and everytime there is a open weekend im there.

i wish more people would come out hopefully this thread helps gets the ball rolling and we can get some of those discounts and other rider requests done, but dont kid yourself ignoring this track will not get anything changed!!!!

but i fear that colorado riders are not aware that if we dont start supporting our tracks then soon there will be none.

Quote Originally Posted by shillowhd";p="223625
    i understand, money is key but ask anyone that is a good customer of mine that comes on a regular basis they get hooked up trust me. and i can usure you you bring two or three guys with you and youll see track time very very cheap(hows two bits sound). i just need the bodies to be showing up so i can hammer out these things i have mentioned.
    i am a frequent customer, and i can testify.

i get great deals!!!!!

thanks to josh

Josh....thanks for posting this. I hope we can get some riders up there. I am working on getting a group up that way and we are wanting to ride. I will keep you posted. Fun track and I enjoy riding it....never raced it so I can't comment.
    Talk with ya soon.

thanks man , maybe something along the line ten guys or above in a group half off, or something like a regular customer card something but like i said i need the interest from many people to get this thing rolling
    p.s. pocket bike stil rippin

CDR is a fun track to race on. I love the lay out.
    From the grand stands, you can see the entire track. That's great for spectating.
    Just fix the draggon slide, the pavement between 5 and 6, and move the wall away from turn 9, repair the bumps and other rough spots, and that track will be greater!
    I'll be there!
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

Well since I took my race class there, I have ridden it for a total of 3 days only. I must say, it was and is a fun track. the layout is cool and I honestly think it is one of the more fun tracks that we ride. BUT, josh said all of this to me in April, and still nothing has been done. all thought you were painting the corners just before the class. The main reason I have not been back is the damn thing tears up my bike. I have cracked the seat pan on mine every-time I have been there. none of the other tracks I have been to have tore up my bike.

Plus like Bueller said, the $50 buck thing with no frequent players card.. I would rather spend the money for a trip to PMI. (I am in Parker) I have heard that some folks have tried to set up some sponsored rides there and you all got greedy and they shut it down. (no names, so don't ask) If you want help with the track, then offer some incentive for us to be there.

The track has potential to be a good one, but not at the expense of my bike. You don't ask someone to come and eat a shitty meal so you can make enough money to buy good food later on. The nasty taste is there and will be hard to forget.
    Christopher MRA 915
    02 GSXR 750 (first racer)
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma
    06 PW 50 (Hunters first bike)

You are all spoiled......

$50 for a track day isn't bad. Most racers pay thier $35 for Saturday morning practice for maybe 45 min of practice (depending on red flags). Any other track in the US you will pay at least $75 and up. Through organizations like Trackaddix's and Sportbike Track times you would easly pay $120 and up for a track day. When SCR closes you won't have your lap cards and cheap track days....CDR will be your new standard.

If you don't help the situation it will always be a problem.

Josh I will give you a call about the concrete.....Maybe my company can help get that cost down.....

Josh thanks for letting me run the Cadillac on there also......

James Tittle

Quote Originally Posted by JT_42";p="223675
    You are all spoiled......
    That is a matter of opinion. We do have it good here. no denying that. but we will be spoiled when the new track is operational late 06 or early 07.

Any other track in the US you will pay at least $75 and up. Through organizations like Trackaddix's and Sportbike Track times you would easily pay $120 and up for a track day.
    This is not any other track in the US. It is a po-dunk track in the middle of po-dunk nowhere. ( I still like the track though) and I have not seen any sponsored track days offered. And why would I spend that much when I can get private lessons for less.

When SCR closes you won't have your lap cards and cheap track days....CDR will be your new standard.
    They will not be the "new standard" they will be the same old track with the same old problems until something or someone changes it.

This is not meant to be a fire starter, just my opinion.
    Christopher MRA 915
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma

I like the layout of CDR. Obviously the track surface leaves some things to be desired (like the 4-inch chunks of asphalt I was kicking out of the racing line, which had come loose), but if you can avoid the potholes and have good rockguards on your forks, it's fun.

I think you need to officially offer a lapper card like SCR does - buy 5 up front and the price per block drops by $9. So that's $205 for a 5-block card, and is more cashflow quicker to help improve the track.

I like what you said about the improvements, save one piece: "im not going to do anything with the bridge if your in the right spot for the turn you have plenty of track the fast guys dont even use the paved runoff thats there now." The whole point is that if you crash, you are probably not in the right spot for the turn to begin with, or did something stupid that altered your original path. Now, the correct line is obviously to cut to the inside and then swing out on the exit past the bridge (which a lot of riders do, using every last inch of runoff on the exit of T3). But what happens if we get a gutsy pass that doesn't go well? How about someone freaking out and checking up? I can think of a lot of scenarios that could send someone off in the direction of that concrete. I just don't like where that bridge is, at all.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a track day there in the near future. Thank you for keeping it swept clean, the first MRA school we did there was kicking up a lot of debris (mostly of the asphalt kind), but the 2nd one was much better. I wasn't at the race event but am told the surface was clean, at least where it wasn't coming up.

I know repaving is expensive, but the number one complaint there is the condition of the surface. It's bumpy, loose, and in some places potentially unsafe. Other improvements aside, I think you would see a lot more people show up for track days and would probably get more events scheduled if the pavement itself was at least up to SCR standards. It won't be an immediate ROI (you will not see that money back in the first year by any means) but I think it will come. Anyway, just my opinion as both a rider, and an official.

Polar X....
    I'm glad to hear your opinion....I knew somebody would respond.
    I actually can't wait to be spoiled with the "new" track that we will be gettting.
    I meant to say new po-dunk standard......

Oraganized track days cost a lot....Insurance.....ambulance....
    Anyway If somebody would like to have an organized track day talk to Josh....He can help you out.

James

It is all in fun.
    Christopher MRA 915
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma

Quote Originally Posted by shillowhd";p="223614
    i know its not perfect guys, i work there im on the track every day but bitching about how it is and not showing any willingness to support it makes it very hard for me to get the money from the powers that be for improvements.

Man what a joke.. this would be like Verizon wireless telling me.. Well Mike if you buy one of our shit phones along with our shit service maybe in the future we will get ya new phone and improve our service. But until you can show us your commited to us and want to use our service theres not much we can do. You guys need to re-evaulate your business plan... or lack there of.

Mike

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by *MV* #33";p="223754

Man what a joke.. this would be like Verizon wireless telling me.. Well Mike if you buy one of our shit phones along with our shit service maybe in the future we will get ya new phone and improve our service. But until you can show us your commited to us and want to use our service theres not much we can do. You guys need to re-evaulate your business plan... or lack there of.

Mike
    nice way to put it Mike... BTW I'm still pist at you!

Quote Originally Posted by *MV* #33";p="223754

Mike

its hardly the same
    for one there are not that many options when it comes to tracks in colorado, and especially if you live in northern colorado.

i agree that some work has to be done, but there is no way that anyone is going to be convinced that it is worth it. until we show them that colorado riders want to be there.

look josh said it man. lets get some people out there and get a great deal on track time. even less then the beloved SCR.

we need to invest in the community, and helping this track would be a big step.

We are spoiled & I hope it doesn't stop. In CA. I would have to pay a trackday promotor 115.00-140.00 to ride the tracks. I just hope the new track doesn't end up being this way for insurance reasons.

Josh is right we need to support CDR & the more we ride it the better we will get @ the little imperfections it has.

I have Monday's off & it figures that is the only day the tracks around here are closed.
    Thanks for all your hard work out there Josh. We do appriciate it, although it sometimes seems we don't.
    Looking foward to meeting you out there!
    MRA #716
    04' ZX10R
    04' ZX6RR Race
    03' YZ450F FOR SALE
    02' GSXR600 Race(SOLD)
    95' ZX9R

as i have been out of town for the weekend this is my first time seeing most of these posts.
    first #33 dont bother coming out but at the same time dont ever bitch about the condition of the track. you missed the point but thats ok i figured there would be people who didnt understand what i was talking about.
    the bridge turn is not a passing zone i didnt see andyone on ROR pass there, i cant pave the whole place
    I understand people have there opinions but the fact of the matter is we all ride the same track i guess some can over come the little things and be successful and some cant.
    the point is i dont cae if noone comes out honestly i still get a check every week but it chapps my ass when people who have no idea how things really are start bitching

ps, the new track will be that way as i hear it the track will have to make 20000 more a month. so im just waiting for the prices at new track suck thread

i have only done one track day there and i only paid 45 for what must've been the longest "half day" in the history of the gregorian calendar (musta been summer solstice or something ) i am definitely not going to bitch about the price.

if it is cheap labor you need, i would definitely join a "work for track time" program like mentioned earlier. the army made sure i was pretty skilled at manual labor

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

Quote Originally Posted by shillowhd";p="224010
    ps, the new track will be that way as i hear it the track will have to make 20000 more a month. so im just waiting for the prices at new track suck thread
    Josh, if you wanna talk about and defend your own track, that's fine, but I STRONGLY suggest you stay away from talking out of turn like this. The fact is you know very little to zero facts about the financial structure of the new track.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

the bridge turn is not a passing zone i didnt see andyone on ROR pass there
    Just being a devil's advocate here, but I didn't see any "No Passing" signs when I was out on the track. Might there be a *reason* (read: safety issue) that people are not passing there??? And umm, the number of racers in ROR definitely does not represent a great percentage of the active MRA.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby