First post, and hopefully many more to follow. I have a question about changing axle sizes on a KX 250. I am currently in the middle of a supermoto conversion and I am going to make it street legal. In the process of doing this I found some SM wheels that were just too good of a deal to pass up, and they are Kawasaki hubs that are the correct width, but they are for a 2003 when they changed the rear axle to 25mm. I am trying to decide if I should do one of the following:

1) Shave my swing arm (2.5mm) around the axle channel and buy a 25mm rear axle

2) Try to locate the all elusive sleeve needed to fit the stock axle to the bearing size.

3) Find a place that has bearings that fit the old axle and the new rims.

Any advice is appreciated and links to places that have the products that I am looking for would be awesome. I have been looking all over for the last couple days and these were common solutions to the problem, but I am not finding a place that sells the correct bearings, or sleeves for this application. Also I am not crazy about shaving my swing arm, although I have been reassured buy a mechanic at the local bike shop that it would not structurally affect the bike if done properly.