Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: If Zimmerman's medical report is true.....

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: If Zimmerman's medical report is true.....

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    it's like free speech - you are free to say what you want but not free from the consequences

might be free to follow someone around but you will face the consequences of escalating the situation.

If you take your right to carry deadly force seriously, read In The Gravest Extreme and take more classes. That has to be about the most respected and recommended book in the 2A and concealed carry community. Every class I've attended and the book specifically says - AVOID FUCKING CONFLICT, DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN NOT TO ESCALATE SITUATIONS, CALL THE COPS AND GO THE FUCK HOME.

just doesn't get any simpler.

But hey, how about starting another thread day after tomorrow so we can do this again?
    In.

Oh yeah... Great post. QFT.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

"New witness accounts also emerged Thursday. A witness, whose name is redacted, told investigators he saw "a black male, wearing a dark colored hoodie," on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.

The witness, who was looking out the sliding glass door at his home about 30 feet away, said he saw the black male throwing punches "MMA (mixed martial arts) style."

He said he told the fighters he was calling the police. He said that as he was making the call, he heard a shot. He looked outside and saw the person who had been on top laid out on the grass as if he had been shot."

Gold Member

Thats not new.

It's not relevant as he shouldn't have been there in the first place
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    If you do, I bet Frank and EJ let you sign their yearbook!
    Well, that would be my ultimate goal obviously.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Gold Member

Thats not logical.

we're due for another Zim thread. More news released today and I expect Frank will want to update us on the latest news in the case, "
    including a police report that concluded "the encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman."
    http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...zimmerman?lite

So lets remember - stand your ground means you are not required to attempt to flee when you feel your life is threatened (good thing).

but it doesn't give you the right to create a situation where your life becomes threatened and then kill someone.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    we're due for another Zim thread. More news released today and I expect Frank will want to update us on the latest news in the case, "

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...zimmerman?lite

So lets remember - stand your ground means you are not required to attempt to flee when you feel your life is threatened (good thing).

but it doesn't give you the right to create a situation where your life becomes threatened and then kill someone.
    Didn't give Martin the right to creep up on him and physically assault him either. And, since, in the end, this, not Zim following him, is what lead to Martin's death, HE was the one who initiated the events that led directly to his death. The minute Martin, who had gotten away at that point, re-initiated the contact, he started a new altercation.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Didn't give Martin the right to creep up on him and physically assault him either. And, since, in the end, this, not Zim following him, is what lead to Martin's death, HE was the one who initiated the events that led directly to his death. The minute Martin, who had gotten away at that point, re-initiated the contact, he started a new altercation.
    You could be right. I haven't followed those details that close. For his sake, he better hope a jury sees it that way too.

1999 DR650SE