Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
"Stand your ground" is not whats protecting him. "Self defense" is. Its called the 2nd amendment and anytime, anywhere you feel your life is threatened you can use deadly force (and townie, no one has the right to fear for their life and run, then go back a kick someones ass. Treyvon had his chance to "fear for his life" when Zimmerman was chasing him, not after he got away and then went back).

In cases like this apparently its up to a jury to decide if someone felt like their life was threatened. Really there wasnt enough to bring this to trial but doing so calmed the masses... Until he is proven innocent and then they will fire up again.

The medical report being true is huge in this case because its the only leg the prosecution had to stand on.
Lol.. You just summarily explained FL's "Stand Your Ground Statute" . I am also sure you are not implying that Self Defence and 2nd amendment mean the same thing. While the 2nd ammemdment gives one the right to bear arms, it is vague about 'self defence' which is why states such as FL and others have Castle Doctrine laws or some variation of it.

One can also argue that the 2nd ammendment exist, and was intended to protect the pulbic from Government .

I am not a lawyer but playing one on CSC never hurt anybody...

Now i am gonna sit back and wait for CM's next thread ...about "Beauty pageant winner caught in ugly controversy" or "John Edwards Trial" or whatever story finds itself on Yahoo! News today .... lol