Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox 31 news tonight. stoned drivers in co. how they tested. they say we'll be shocked

Fox 31 news tonight. stoned drivers in co. how they tested. they say we'll be shocked

Haha looks like bullshit, showed stoned people playing a video game stoned. Haha

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

Re: Fox 31 news tonight. stoned drivers in co. how they tested. they say we'll be sho

pot heads...

Re: Fox 31 news tonight. stoned drivers in co. how they tested. they say we'll be sho

This test is bogus! I really can't believe it!
    People don't drive tractor trailor simulators every day.

Way to show obvious stoner hippie potheads channel31. Made mmj patients look bad I think.

Ooooooo tomarrow they are going to show mmj impared drivers vs drunk drivers.

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

All the "patients" I know all have "symptoms".

Whats the dif between a drunk driver & a stoned driver?

The drunk runs a stop sign, the stoner waits for it to turn green

and PS.. I FUCKING HATE the fact I no longer can use mmj for a broken back I suffered while riding & now rely on prescription pain meds that I hate taking & have horrible side effects, at least compared to eating taco bell at 11pm.

(boss is a hardcore right winger, and cop, and geek like that

2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    and PS.. I FUCKING HATE the fact I no longer can use mmj for a broken back I suffered while riding & now rely on prescription pain meds that I hate taking & have horrible side effects, at least compared to eating taco bell at 11pm.

http://www.leap.cc/

Any real right winger should support legalization.
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2007 Ducati M695

I'm a conservative republican and I support legalization.

I also support a woman's right to choose for that matter.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

"If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post

I feel your pain man.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post

That story is so messed up.

First off, my understanding being told by a cop (when I had to do the one day of classroom with a State officer) is that you can be arrested if HE THINK you are Under the Influence....he does not NEED to test you. The TEST is just more proof for them to use on drunk drivers...but it does not mean you will be let go just because you scored under the LIMIT. If you were making poor driving decisions and that is why you were pulled over, well you might still be going to jail for the night. That means anything YOU TOOK that affects your driving may land you in jail. If an aspirin gives you a buzz causing you to drive poorly you will get a DUI.

So thus we already have laws to keep people off the roadways and thus convict them. If they are so worried about having a testing procedure then do they need to work on testing for a host of OTHER abuses like huffing paint or bath salts.

More silly laws to make people feel warm at night. Current laws already cover this.

Gold Member

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    That story is so messed up.

First off, my understanding being told by a cop (when I had to do the one day of classroom with a State officer) is that you can be arrested if HE THINK you are Under the Influence....he does not NEED to test you. The TEST is just more proof for them to use on drunk drivers...but it does not mean you will be let go just because you scored under the LIMIT. If you were making poor driving decisions and that is why you were pulled over, well you might still be going to jail for the night. That means anything YOU TOOK that affects your driving may land you in jail. If an aspirin gives you a buzz causing you to drive poorly you will get a DUI.

So thus we already have laws to keep people off the roadways and thus convict them. If they are so worried about having a testing procedure then do they need to work on testing for a host of OTHER abuses like huffing paint or bath salts.

More silly laws to make people feel warm at night. Current laws already cover this.
    There are 3 DUI statutes in CO. DUI, DUI Per-Se, and DWAI. DUI is charged based on the entire contact, and is thus based on the Officer's observations and your performance on the roadside maneuvers. This statute covers alcohol, drugs, and any other substance that affects you ability to drive. DUI is a 12 point violation.

DUI Per-Se is driving with a BrAC or BAC of .08 or higher, and is only applicable to alcohol. DUI Per-Se is also 12 points.

DWAI is driving with a BrAC or BAC of .05 to .08, and this is used when the Officer's observations lead him to believe your ability to operate a vehicle is impaired by alcohol, but your test results come back below .08. DWAI is alcohol specific, and is 8 points. Most DUI's are plead down to DWAI.

If you take a chemical test, which CO "forces" you to do under Express Consent Law, you initially punish yourself as we charge you for both DUI and DUI Per-Se. However, the DA will drop one of these charges right away in most every case, because the intent of the law is not to punish you more for taking the chemical test. But later on, taking the test will benefit you. First, it gives you multiple "outs" if you end up testing below .08. The DUI is dropped to DWAI, and your license will not be revoked by DOR. If you test above .08, your license is revoked for 9 months and you'll be charged with one of the full DUI charges. If you refuse a test, your license is revoked for a full year, and you'll be charged with DUI still. All in all, it is beneficial to take a chemical test.

The Department of Revenue uses the chemical test to revoke your license. The Marijuana law here intends to set a limit for the DUI Per-Se law, so the state can revoke your license, since they can't without a chemical test or hard numbers.

I didn't watch it, especially after seeing the commercial showing this guy as if he was jacked up on 10 hits of LSD, not weed. With wavy blurry eyesight, dropping carkeys, practically stumbling around. Sorry, but every stoner I've known doesn't get THAT messed up, most are completely fine. I'm not advocating driving stoned, but I could tell this news show would be ridiculous, after that preview. Yes your reaction time goes down a bit, but in moderation it's not horrible. If anything they drive exactly the speed limit, and safe distance, lol.

Alcohol on the other hand, yeah I know that's really bad.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Thu May 17th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

i thought it would have been funny if they got all the news anchors high and had them do a road course durning the day and report themselves at night on the 10 o clock news
    "i dont recall that happening but maan i was fucked up! anyone doing a taco bell run???"

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I LOVE ACID!

i have heard of people like you. i thought it was just an Urban Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Well I know there's at least 2 of us.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

<--- #3 And a small government conservative libertarian.

The feds have no constitutional standing for their prohibition. Once again, it is a state's rights issue.
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2007 Ducati M695

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    You'd be surprised, a lot of my friends (mostly 30-somethings) totally want legalization of weed and hallucinigens. They're fine with only keeping the "hard stuff" illegal, coke, heroin, meth, pills, etc. I tend to agree. Of course we all also agree there needs to be better clearer rules put in place to deal with driving.

Hey now, if Cindy McCain and Rush Limbaugh can both get addicted to Oxycontin, some Republicans have sympathy, heheh.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member

Coke is hard? Any idea how much of it it takes to kill you?

a bag?

Quote Originally Posted by mastap07 View Post
    a bag?
    I think he is trying to say that you can't OD from coke, but I call BS if that is it. I only say this because he brought that up when I said you can't OD from marijuana.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!