Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox 31 news tonight. stoned drivers in co. how they tested. they say we'll be shocked

Re: Fox 31 news tonight. stoned drivers in co. how they tested. they say we'll be sho

Well I know there's at least 2 of us.
    well if you two believe in pro-choice i commend you. i too am for that. It is just rare for me to know of Conservative Republicans who would side with Pro-Choice. I just don't get the idea once a sperm penentrates an egg it is considered life.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

Re: Fox 31 news tonight. stoned drivers in co. how they tested. they say we'll be sho

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    well if you two believe in pro-choice i commend you. i too am for that. It is just rare for me to know of Conservative Republicans who would side with Pro-Choice. I just don't get the idea once a sperm penentrates an egg it is considered life.
    i take it you don't have kids then?
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

i have two beautiful girls.
    Last edited by mdub; Fri May 18th, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

I just don't get the idea once a sperm penentrates an egg it is considered life.
    Well a fertilized egg is definitely not "dead", even if it's just a tiny multi-celled zygote.

I'm on the fence on this one. Also depends on how long after fertilization, how developed the baby embryo is. I tend to lean towards female's choice, BUT also am against late-term abortions where the baby OBVIOUSLY has nerves, brain, beating heart, all organs, feeling (reaction to stimuli), etc. These just happened to be actual FACTS, proven through biological research. I think it's kind of absurd to think that isn't "killing" a human life. Think about it logically, but I'm sure I'll just have to "agree to disagree" with hardcore Pro-Choicers who won't admit that at least. Instead I'll just point to a General Biology text or something on Human Foetal development. Whether a premie can survive on it's own I don't think is the point. Even before actual birth, babies in the late term are human beings with a ton of brain and nerve activity.

Actually I just tend to stay out of this debate, too much of a hot issue whatever side you're on.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri May 18th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

to me it is life when a baby leaves the mother and breathing on its own.

Yes it is an argument/debate. but then life does not begin when two set of eyes meet from across a room.

to me it is life when a baby leaves the mother and breathing on its own.

Yes it is an argument/debate. but then life does not begin when two set of eyes meet from across a room.
    Yep...

It is a parasite as it needs to live off the host to survive, it is not surviving on its own (under 37 weeks)...only because of modern medicine do and can pre-mature babies live on their own.

So I would say 37 weeks on as that is what is considered a full term baby.

Let the women decide.....

Gold Member

We celebrate our birthdate..... Not our conception date.

It's a life form at conception and if left unmolested it will become a human being. Legally that is disputed for the purpose of pro-choice / pro-life arguements but the fact remains it is a life form that will become a human.

So is it murder? Maybe, maybe not. That for me isn't the issue. With that said though there are cases where a child being brought into the world could be considered cruel (to child) and there are also people who are not ready to become parents (or a parent). For examples girls who get knocked up while in high school or college and keeping the child means ending their own advancement in life. The child is the innocent party in all of this so both sides can be argued.

An interesting statistic is that in New York City over 50% of all African American pregnancies end in abortion. Abortion is preventing unwanted children from being brought into the world.

On the other hand it could be argued that abortions, especially tax-payer funded abortions encourage irresponsible behavior.

So it's not that I support abortion but rather I do not support the people/government placing enforcements on our bodies and lives. That's the same reason I support legalization MJ.

The harder stuff, such as meth I do not simply because how it effects society as whole. Meth addicts will steal from their friends, break into into houses and commit a wide variety of crimes to score money for the drug.

Same thing goes with crack.

Cocaine is an expensive drug so it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem as chances are you can only afford it if you're already responsible. I would be okay with legalized cocaine.

Everything is moderation.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    It's a life form at conception and if left unmolested it will become a human being. Legally that is disputed for the purpose of pro-choice / pro-life arguements but the fact remains it is a life form that will become a human.

So is it murder? Maybe, maybe not. That for me isn't the issue. With that said though there are cases where a child being brought into the world could be considered cruel (to child) and there are also people who are not ready to become parents (or a parent). For examples girls who get knocked up while in high school or college and keeping the child means ending their own advancement in life. The child is the innocent party in all of this so both sides can be argued.

An interesting statistic is that in New York City over 50% of all African American pregnancies end in abortion. Abortion is preventing unwanted children from being brought into the world.

On the other hand it could be argued that abortions, especially tax-payer funded abortions encourage irresponsible behavior.

So it's not that I support abortion but rather I do not support the people/government placing enforcements on our bodies and lives. That's the same reason I support legalization MJ.

The harder stuff, such as meth I do not simply because how it effects society as whole. Meth addicts will steal from their friends, break into into houses and commit a wide variety of crimes to score money for the drug.

Same thing goes with crack.

Cocaine is an expensive drug so it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem as chances are you can only afford it if you're already responsible. I would be okay with legalized cocaine.

Everything is moderation.
    Very rare I get to agree with a long post. Drugs are something I feel should just be legal. its a war that is just a waste of money. I dont really agree about the meth and that for the simple problem of it will be a problem anyways. May as well tax it and let the states make the profit from it instead of the dealers.

Without getting too specific, my wife is almost 10 months pregnant, and the doctors just found an issue that "might" go away, but if it doesn't by 14-16 weeks, she'll more than likely die if she carries it to term.

So, for you pro-lifers out there, the baby or the baby and my wife?

In my opinion, there should always be choice, especially if the choice even chances on more than one life.
    Last edited by Sarge; Sat May 19th, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Not a Pro-Lifer, but your wife definitely. Especially as you mentioned, when her life is in danger, and of course it's HER choice.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

You guys stoned?? This thread went so far off topic its Impressive lol....

Driven stoned(10&2, 3 second stops, constantly. Hecking mirrors, exactly the speed limit, blinkers always, etc etc etc)

Driven drunk(not proud of this, but it was super hard to concentrate and stay within the lanes, etc etc etc)

Id dare say driving stoned is far more safe...

Anywho, back to the abortion debate, i suppose.
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

Gold Member

Driving under any kind of impairment is a bad idea. Just because you feel better about it doesn't mean it is. People on meth have faster reaction times but it doesn't mean I would be cool with driving in the car with them.

Gold Member

Oh and yes we get side tracked. Welcome to forums. Not just this one. All of them.

Well, dont get me wrong im not saying its ok to do it. Im simply saying comparing the two is apples/oranges, and i just so happen to prefer the apples.
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Without getting too specific, my wife is almost 10 months pregnant, and the doctors just found an issue that "might" go away, but if it doesn't by 14-16 weeks, she'll more than likely die if she carries it to term.

So, for you pro-lifers out there, the baby or the baby and my wife?

In my opinion, there should always be choice, especially if the choice even chances on more than one life.
    I just read this, and had a very similar situation happen not all that long ago. I 100% agree with exactly what youre saying here.

Tried to stay on topic, but hey. Whatya gonna do, right?
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

Gold Member

I dint see any comparison. Its all the same. Your mind is being altered chemically. High drunk whatever shouldn't be driving. But thats just how I feel.

Jeezuz lol, I'm drunk now.

Who wants ta burn one!?

Lol

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"