Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stoner Retiring

"Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Re: Stoner Retiring

Hmmmm .... wow... ok !!! I don't like when silly season starts this early.......but whatever.. Rossi to Honda ? .... just saying !

Wow!! I do want to see verification of this but if it is true I dont know what to say

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Wow!! I do want to see verification of this but if it is true I dont know what to say
    Its on Motogp.com ... can't get more official than that.

I think his "pass" was revoked after having a kid.

I've seen numerous interviews w/ Stoner where he said that he didn't expect his career to last much longer, but this is the first news of an official retirement.

But, he's a new father and it's not surprising at all.

So yeah, look Rossi, a position at Honda just opened up
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Casey+retirement

Ugh.. I was hoping for rumour, too. But, nope

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

“After a long time thinking, a lot of time talking with my family and my wife, this has been coming for a couple of years now but at the end of this 2012 season I will be not racing in the 2013 Championship. I will be finishing my career at the end of this season in MotoGP, and go forward in different things in my life,” Stoner told the assembled press.

“After so many years of doing this sport which I love, and which myself and my family made so many sacrifices for, after so many years of trying to get to where we have gotten to at this point, this sport has changed a lot and it has changed to the point where I am not enjoying it. I don't have the passion for it and so at this time it's better if I retire now.

“There are a lot of things that have disappointed me, and also a lot of things I have loved about this sport, but unfortunately the balance has gone in the wrong direction. And so, basically, we won't be continuing any more. It would be nice if I could say I would stay one more year, but then where does it stop? So we decided to finish everything as we are now.”

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Remarkable -

Casey is the one rider in the paddock who really stand a chance of taking the title of GOAT away from Valentino.

I've always liked Casey's form and behavior on track, and sometimes disliked his whininess off track. He's a fantastic rider for sure and deserving of the championships that he has won / earned.

That being said, he is the man who has pushed the way that moto gp bikes are ridden and for that he has my respect.

He's been great fun to watch through 125's / 250's and Moto GP - thanks for some great entertainment Casey!

Quote Originally Posted by oh10raven View Post
    I think his "pass" was revoked after having a kid.
    hate when that happens..
    -Ryan

2008 KTM Super Duke 990

I guess I'd better go out and order a maisto stoner honda to go w/ my stoner duc...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by sprtbkbabe View Post
    “After a long time thinking, a lot of time talking with my family and my wife, this has been coming for a couple of years now but at the end of this 2012 season I will be not racing in the 2013 Championship. I will be finishing my career at the end of this season in MotoGP, and go forward in different things in my life,” Stoner told the assembled press.

“After so many years of doing this sport which I love, and which myself and my family made so many sacrifices for, after so many years of trying to get to where we have gotten to at this point, this sport has changed a lot and it has changed to the point where I am not enjoying it. I don't have the passion for it and so at this time it's better if I retire now.

“There are a lot of things that have disappointed me, and also a lot of things I have loved about this sport, but unfortunately the balance has gone in the wrong direction. And so, basically, we won't be continuing any more. It would be nice if I could say I would stay one more year, but then where does it stop? So we decided to finish everything as we are now.”
    Good for him, he's doing it right. Instead of muddling through and being miserable, he knows he's not happy anymore and it's time to pull out.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    he knows he's not happy anymore and it's time to pull out.
    That's what she said!!
    2003 Tuono R (#169/200 worldwide)
    2002 VFR800
    1999 CBR600 (track whore)

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Hmmmm .... wow... ok !!! I don't like when silly season starts this early.......but whatever.. Rossi to Honda ? .... just saying !
    I'd say that's a definite.

Honda won't mind bringing Rossi back (regardless of their recent statements), as long as he'll be gunning for Agostini's record. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that kind of motorcycle history?

Bummer to see Stoner go for sure - but this will create opportunities for other riders.

Wow guess I'm the only one who won't miss Stoner..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Wow guess I'm the only one who won't miss Stoner..
    I'm with you. Can't deny the guy's riding ability but the off track whining is just too much for me.

"I'm going to take my toys and go home! wah wah wah" ...

Can't believe he is hanging it up at the prime of his career?

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Remarkable -

Casey is the one rider in the paddock who really stand a chance of taking the title of GOAT away from Valentino.
    Right?
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Leave the motorcycle racing to the men and take your I cant ride because I drank milk and my arms are tired crap with you.( sorry to the stoner fans I just couldnt stand the guy he just didnt represent the true grit of a racer to me)

Sad to hear stoner is on his way out.

Mark Marquez might be the future for Honda in motogp. All he needs is a season or 2 and in the motogp class.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Quote Originally Posted by mauser72 View Post
    Leave the motorcycle racing to the men and take your I cant ride because I drank milk and my arms are tired crap with you.( sorry to the stoner fans I just couldnt stand the guy he just didnt represent the true grit of a racer to me)
    Your so right, he won on a 'unwinnable' machine, let alone from 2 different manufacturers and will more than likely win again. No grit at all. Stoners a pussy, all hail Rossi, no one will ever possibly be better than him. I thought the same thing about stoner too, and then I looked at the facts...

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Put Stoner on a Yamaha and he would STILL smoke Rossi, while also beating him to a championship season while riding for 3 different manufacturers in the premier class

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    Put Stoner on a Yamaha and he would STILL smoke Rossi, while also beating him to a championship season while riding for 3 different manufacturers in the premier class
    Really did you miss the 2008-2010 seasons of motogp?? Both were on competitive machines and Rossi consistently made Stoner his bitch. Remember Laguna 2008? Rossi passing in the dirt and then Stoner being upset and not shaking Rossi's hand at the end?? Yeah Rossi pretty much smoked Stoner in that race and in much of the others.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Really did you miss the 2008-2010 seasons of motogp?? Both were on competitive machines and Rossi consistently made Stoner his bitch. Remember Laguna 2008? Rossi passing in the dirt and then Stoner being upset and not shaking Rossi's hand at the end?? Yeah Rossi pretty much smoked Stoner in that race and in much of the others.
    I do remember that race. That was great! Best pass of the year...so, what happens to you when Stoner retires and Rossi still gets beat by other racers(possibly of course)? Because no one can touch Rossi?

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    I do remember that race. That was great! Best pass of the year...so, what happens to you when Stoner retires and Rossi still gets beat by other racers(possibly of course)? Because no one can touch Rossi?
    What happens is if they were both on equally fast bikes Rossi would still school Stoner.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"