Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stoner Retiring

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Stoner Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    Schwantz on Stoner. www.superbikeplanet.com

"Stoner's retirement. My take on it is, if you're satisfied with what you've done and how you've done it, and you don't enjoy doing it any more, then go. I'm not just directing that at Casey, but at anybody. The sport that we've chosen is a competitive one. It's a trying one. It is dangerous. And if what you're doing is not the most fun that you've ever had in your entire life, you really ought to quit, because there are a lot of other things that you could go do, that are a lot safer than that. You need to be 100% on your game and focused on what's going on out there. Casey's been one of those that struggled to get there, got there, and when he got there in '07 he made it look pretty easy. He had some rough years since then, but at the end of last year, you would've thought a 26-year-old Casey Stoner would race for another ten years.

I guess what I don't like the most about Casey and his retirement is, that now he's taking the opportunity to bag a sport, or to ditch on a sport that has given him so much. "Yeah," Casey will say, "but I've given just as much back." Yeah, but we all do. It's something that we love. It's something that's given us an opportunity to make a really good living. But if you just don't want to do it any more, you don't have to have something to beat up on, to be able to give you a reason to walk away. If you're going to quit, just man up and quit. If you don't want to do it any more, then retire. That's your choice. But don't continue to talk trash about a racing series that is the premier two-wheel motorsport in the world, and has a long, long-standing history of great competition, great champions. Tip your hat and walk away from the sport and be graceful about it. Don't talk sh*t."
    Schwantz is da MAN!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I actually agree with Stoner on a lot of points he makes in this article. Strange days in MotoGP

And having these guys buy their own parts WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by oh10raven View Post
    I actually agree with Stoner on a lot of points he makes in this article. Strange days in MotoGP

And having these guys buy their own parts WTF?
    Very interesting. Screw Carmelo Ezpeleta (sp?). He's done a lot to damage the sport with his rules changes. The stupid fuel limits etc., and the fact that Honda is the only engine supplier in Moto2. He should just adopt WSS engine rules for Moto2 and open it up to all the manufacturers. These, and all the other stupid rules changes.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Wow, the brakes part is odd to me.... I dont think that necissarily has all that much to do with MGP as an organization though, moreso Tech3 being as tight-pocketted as possible.... Either way, it's rediculous
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

75k for those brakes supposedly
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian