• Shoei

3 37.50%
  • KBC

2 25.00%
  • AGV

0 0%

Thread: Help with Helmet purchase

Help with Helmet purchase

Which Helmet should I go with? I am looking at getting anew helmet. I just dont know what to go with. I have a HJC now but there are so many out there. Help a brotha out. Chad
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

You should definetely get a KBC...

I just happen to know a guy who is selling one too!
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Chad - you really gotta try on the different brands, and even different models under a brand. Figure out what fits best and worst, has the best features, and falls within your budget. You need to base that decision on you specifically, none of us can really do much for you. However if you find a few you like, ask here what people think about 'em!

Chad,

This may be a little outdated now, but in August 2001, Sport Rider magazine reviewed a bunch of helmets. It's actually what helped me decide to by my KBC VR-1. I summarized most of it onto this webpage. Hope it helps:
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/helmets.html

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    I've got 2 size large AGV top vent demon's sitting at my house right now. They're blue BTW. Lemme know if you're interested, I'll give it to ya cheap!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Chad - you really gotta try on the different brands, and even different models under a brand. Figure out what fits best and worst, has the best features, and falls within your budget. You need to base that decision on you specifically, none of us can really do much for you. However if you find a few you like, ask here what people think about 'em!
    What he said You didn't have Arai on your list. I assume that is because of their price. I'd recommend trying them on anyway. If you shop ebay, you can get them at a reasonable price. But big thing as Ralph said, is to try different ones on and find the one that fits the best. I've read great things about the safety of the Suomy line and I tried them on but they didn't fit me as well as the Arai. GPM has or had the Suomy Gunwind line on sale a few weeks ago. Their graphics are about the best I've seen. and there are alot of Pros using that line
    Mike

01 RSVR Mille (street)
    04 RSVR Mille (race)

MRA #98

Suomy Helmets, TK Motorsports, Zero Gravity Windscreens, Morse Racing Products, Motul Lubricants,

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."
    John Wayne

SHEIT i knew i forgot one. And Arai. I like them also.
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

silly airman, helmets are for squids! what? ya plan on falling?
    heh
    I've only had fulmer (cuz i didn't have any money) but i like the feel and sizing of HJC the best, they also got some PIMP styles. but yeah, our heads aren't gonna fit the same, so do some work on yer own man! stop lookin for an easy way out! I have heard that HJC is one of the best at fitting the chatterbox in it... not sure how true that is, just a thing i heard. ya heard?

"Throwin it up like liquor on an empty stomach"

GSXR600 in Colo Springs.
    ryan@dezmond.net

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Don't be a clone...
    Be daring...
    Be different...
    Check out the lids at: http://www.designerhelmets.com

If I wasn't such a dedicated full face helmet guy (I have a HJC SyMax BTW and LOVE it)...

With a custom paintjob on this helmet - you could look just like Skull Leader:

There are some other badass domes there too. Look at the Momo Komposite for grins (without full face again).
    I'm particularly fond of the Roof Boxer Star, and the Roof Bumper of you want to look like a real jet pilot tearing up the roadways.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

You HAVE to try them on (what they said). The biggest difference you'll find are those shaped for a round head and those for an oval. Once you know that, it'll help narrow down the choices.
    '02 6R, Green one
    '92 VFR

zx6r.com