Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for you gun nuts

Re: Question for you gun nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    I don't watch TV.
    Do you go to grocery stores? Guy walks in, buys a knife, goes to the entryway and stabs 2 random people. Stopped by a guy with a CCW.
    http://www.usacarry.com/concealed-ca...-knife-attack/

Also, I think you would have to lump me in with the Libertarians, not a liberal...
    Nice try, but no. You're on the "I've never felt the need for one so why should you" kick. A Libertarian doesn't care what you do as long as it doesn't hurt them or others in any way.

In the 6+ years of having my CCW, I've never needed it. Doesn't mean I didn't put on my G30 today.
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    I clip a box knife into my pocket every morning, almost without thinking about it. If you do something consistently, you'll become more comfortable and competent with it. Same goes for a firearm. Soon, it becomes another tool that you take with you, much like a cell phone or pocket knife. You never take it for granted, or lose respect for its capabilities, but you definitely notice it missing when you don't have it for some reason. It may seem silly to carry around the house, but 100% of home invasions occur at home.

ETA: The guy in the article cited above was obviously carrying in an unsafe manner, either the gun was not designed to be carried with one in the chamber (many inexpensive .25s are like that), or the gun was defective in some way, as most weapons have a passive firing pin safety that prevents the firing pin from contacting the cartridge unless the trigger is pulled to the rear. Notable exceptions would be older single action revolvers and pre Series 80 Colt 1911s.

Agreed
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

For all who are accusing me of ... whatever. I don't care if you want to concealed carry. I don't want to stop you or take your guns. I realize the world is dangerous and it may come in handy. I don't feel the need to carry one, but if you do so be it. I just thought it was ironic he shot himself with his own gun. Just like the airbag story. Anything else you say about me and my political views (of which a small minority know - and no one in this thread) is just your opinion however misinformed it may be.

Oh and Rhino - go back and re-read slower. I said I don't feel the need to carry. I didn't say anything about you or anyone else in this thread carrying. I am libertarian - I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect me. Stop trying to lump me into something I am not to prove a counterpoint to a point that I didn't make. I actually even considered a CCW a few years back for my own reasons.
    Last edited by Filo; Mon May 21st, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

"Gun nuts" is generalizing like say... "sportsbike nuts" The majority of riders ride for the twist of the throttle, the comradery and therapeutic scenery. Very few riders go on the road with ill will towards others or themselves.
    I am a family man with kids and we own many firearms and practice fundamental firearm safety. We are comfortable with that.
    There will always be the nuckle heads in any group, gun,bike,4x4 whatever. Its up to God or darwin to weed them out.
    Whatdja learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Skool View Post
    "Gun nuts" is generalizing like say... "sportsbike nuts"
    I disagree since I believe that "gun nuts" in specific is now meant to carry a negative connotation versus all other types of nuts, including deez nuts, but that is just my opinion.

Not so much ironic the story is as opposed to showing the true value of people being properly educated in the use (and carry) of firearms. I'm sure any type of holster is a lot better than a pocket.
    Last edited by Zach929rr; Mon May 21st, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

where has it been stated as fact that there was no holster involved?

you can carry in a pocket, in a holster. Certainly other factors, i.e. what gun etc.... but everyone continues to make assumptions without any facts.

example of pocket holster
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

You are right, I am making assumptions, but I believe they are reasonable ones. If the weapon fell out of his pocket, then I have to assume he had it in a shallow loose-fitting pocket like pajamas.

I don't see that pistol falling out of the back pocket in those pictures even if the guy is bending over or doing any other yard work motions.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

as long as we're making assumptions, I find it more likely that the guy pulled a Plexico and never dropped the gun at all.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Tried to shoot the wife and missed badly?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Suzanna Hubb's story. If you haven't heard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

For all who are accusing me of ... whatever. I don't care if you want to concealed carry. I don't want to stop you or take your guns. I realize the world is dangerous and it may come in handy. I don't feel the need to carry one, but if you do so be it. I just thought it was ironic he shot himself with his own gun. Just like the airbag story. Anything else you say about me and my political views (of which a small minority know - and no one in this thread) is just your opinion however misinformed it may be.

Oh and Rhino - go back and re-read slower. I said I don't feel the need to carry. I didn't say anything about you or anyone else in this thread carrying. I am libertarian - I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect me. Stop trying to lump me into something I am not to prove a counterpoint to a point that I didn't make. I actually even considered a CCW a few years back for my own reasons.
    You started off with a loaded question and grouped the "gun nuts" of the board in your first post. You questioned why anyone would need a gun in their front yard and were given examples of the sick fucks in this world that exist only to do bad things when you least expect it.

I wasn't labeling you as anything, as there's a large spectrum of titles, I was more sharing my differing opinion on what you labeled yourself as.

I tend to shy away from absolutes myself and think that unless you have a job that requires concealed carry (money transfer, repo, that sort of thing) that you don't NEED a gun with you at all times.

Case in point: who the hell needs to keep their gun with them when they mow their lawn? What, has C-springs become so ghetto that someone will jump you while you cut grass and you need to defend yourself with a gun? Moron.
    How is the guy mowing his lawn with a gun hurting you? Yeah, this guy was dumb and the gun went off, but it only hurt him.

Anyway, this being the ol' internet and all; Not gonna change your mind, you won't change mine. Maybe just work on your delivery a lil bit.
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.