Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Policing for Profit in Tennessee

Re: Policing for Profit in Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    In Colorado yes, I'd definitely say, "No sir". But we live in a pretty nice state, besides the downtown Denver PD who like to abuse people, heh.

On the other hand, what's this retard carrying $20k CASH across the country for anyway? Not exactly "normal behavior". Not saying it isn't his right, but still kinda odd...
    It can be odd, but you have the right to carry any amount of money you want. I typically while working for the father in-law had $1,000 to $2,000 in cash on me as I paid myself in cash.

Plenty of people carry large sums, I made the kid that bought my car bring $5,000 in cash. When I sold the FZ1, I made the guy bring $2,500 in cash. Some people grumble but tough shit. Cash is king...I did take it to the bank the next day. I also have withdrawn up to $3,000 a few times to pay contractors...like painters and what not. I don't find it unusual at all.

In the south a lot of people pay in CASH. Next they will seize a check if its over a certain amount...LOL

IOn the other hand, what's this retard carrying $20k CASH across the country for anyway? Not exactly "normal behavior". Not saying it isn't his right, but still kinda odd...
    If you read the article, it states that he was bidding on several cars in the area on eBay while he was there, so the cash was for the purchase if he won the bidding.

So, it's not wholly unreasonable.

And, even if it is, this is supposed to be a free country, where he could be keeping his life savings in $1 bills stuffed in his trunk and it shouldn't matter.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty has become a thing of the past...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I've always wondered what it would take to get into politics and make some real change.
    Money.

Lots and lots of it.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If you read the article, it states that he was bidding on several cars in the area on eBay while he was there, so the cash was for the purchase if he won the bidding.
    Ok, didn't see that. NOT the way I would do things though, I'd have my cash in a nationwide accessible bank like Chase, Wells, BoA, or the like. THEN, when buying cars, take it out a portion at a time at each city. As much for SAFETY, than worried about crooked cops. Imagine if your car got stolen while you were at 7-11 or a restaurant eating, or a hotel sleeping?! Goodbye $20k.

But like I said, agree it is 100% his right (no matter how stupid) to carry $100k across the country if he wants, that is true. Cops/DEA/HLS are definitely taking their powers too far, in sacrifice of our citizen's liberties.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Cops/DEA/HLS are definitely taking their powers too far, in sacrifice of our citizen's liberties.
    Citizens still have liberties? I'm sure someone will fix that.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Or don't carry large amounts of cash!? Looks suspicious as shit to me. And if it stops a bunch of high school kids from getting addicted to blow, then good.

Most I've ever carried around was 6K at any given time. If a cop had asked me if I was carrying large amounts I'd have told him no and been on my way. It's not their business to know how much cash I have on me or why.

There's a reason I use my 2 other languages when I get pulled over unless I'm in a hurry or it's an emergency situation.

Oh and as for the lady who had a "false bottom" in her trunk, sounds to me like a manufacturer had an extra indent and covered it up. If they're using that excuse then any time someone has their trunk floor in place and the tire not beneath it, they could use that as a "possible drug smuggling area" excuse.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    Or don't carry large amounts of cash!? Looks suspicious as shit to me. And if it stops a bunch of high school kids from getting addicted to blow, then good.
    Did you defect from 1940's Germany? It's unfathomable anyone would be OK with this.
    Last edited by mxer; Tue May 22nd, 2012 at 10:26 PM.