Thread: early viewing of MIB3

early viewing of MIB3

saw it at the theatres next to dave and boobsters. got there over an hr early before scheduled showing. there was already over hundred peeps waiting. mdub family waiting in line on stairs. started letting folks in ten til seven. finally get in ...ended up fourth row from the screen. ouch. and in 3D...haha...I tell you what though. there was no previews, eh bummer, no big deal. movie starts . from the get go it was non-stop grt. Best movie i have seen in a long ass time. Given the fact we had crappy seats plus 3-d... Hope Prometheus does not dissappoint. I don't think it will. But again MIB3 worth it..

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: early viewing of MIB3

Cool. LOVED the first 2. Funny as hell. I kinda think Will Smith has gotten too full of himself lately, as I really consider TLJ the star, but whatever. thanks!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

+1, love the movies, but Will Smith's lines make me want to slap the shit outta him. But we go for the effects and comedy, not him. Will definitely check this out. AFTER Avengers & Prometheus, heheh.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Saw avengers. It's good, a bit long for my taste, maybe overkill. I still don't like Robert Downey Jr. as Ironman. I usually nap in all movies but not last nite. My eyes were glued to the screen. That is how good it was.

I've been told by people who've read the actual comics that RDJr. was pretty good at portraying Tony Stark's arrogance. I've never read them though, so can't speak to that. But I can say that Peter Parker is suppose to be a scrawny nerd, so Tobey Maguire fits, heh.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I'm Olde School, and the movies seems pretty alighned with the old comics. Haven't seen the Avengers yet, but I like the others.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

I think there is a different Peter Parker now...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

I don't know why but this thread makes me want to bust out a classic length Vancean diatribe of ultimate geeking education... but I won't. Because, well, I need to go online and kill some zombies instead.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Yeah, stupid move.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Yep. Yet another ReBoot of the franchise.

And, off-topic, I think the new Bane and Catwoman look like complete shit.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Oooooh sooooooo tempted....
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Yeah, stupid move.
    I might be in the minority, but I really dislike all the Spidermans after the first one. In fact I detest Tobey Maguire, but I understand why he was chosen.

I'm actually looking forward to a new Parker, and a new (HOPEFULLY DARKER) Spiderman movie, along the lines of Christian Bale's bat-movies which both KICK MAJOR ASS. I'm sure the new Batman (July?) will be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I don't know why but this thread makes me want to bust out a classic length Vancean diatribe of ultimate geeking education... but I won't. Because, well, I need to go online and kill some zombies instead.
    I don't know what Vancean means, but sounds good to me, hahaa. Dooo eeeiiit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I really dislike all the Spidermans after the first one. In fact I detest Tobey Maguire, but I understand why he was chosen.

I'm actually looking forward to a new Parker, and a new (HOPEFULLY DARKER) Spiderman movie, along the lines of Christian Bale's bat-movies which both KICK MAJOR ASS. I'm sure the new Batman (July?) will be sweet.

alot of folks are looking forward to the darkknight...i dont see the appeal, really.

Vance was known for even longer rants than I in years past.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Ohhh, duh. 'Vance'-ean. I'm a little slow folks, lol. I thought it was some fancy descriptor vocab.

I've been told by people who've read the actual comics that RDJr. was pretty good at portraying Tony Stark's arrogance. I've never read them though, so can't speak to that. But I can say that Peter Parker is suppose to be a scrawny nerd, so Tobey Maguire fits, heh.
    ABSOLUTELY True...
    RDJr's casting and portrayal of Stark is absolutely brilliant especially in light of his own personal demons he fought to go from a Hollywood washout to essentially on top of the world (Iron Man / Avengers franchise (can you say $50 million + payday?), Sherlock Holmes franchise, etc). He plays the smugness perfectly for the character IMO.

I for one hope they go the route of the Extremis storyline for #3.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Yeah, stupid move.
    I disagree entirely. Rammi was burned out, and so was Maguire who said he wouldn't do another without Rammi anyway. The move to Andrew Garfield was a good move. Still all the "white and nerdy" that Peter Parker needs to be to continue / reboot the franchise after the departure of the key aforementioned pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    And, off-topic, I think the new Bane and Catwoman look like complete shit.
    Remember to trust in The Nolan! More importantly - remember that unlike comic books - Nolan's interpretation of the Batman universe is grounded as much as humanly possible in reality of characters, devices, etc (hence the reason the Tumbler and Bat-Pod were fully functional real working devices along with the Nomex body armor, memory fabric, etc). I concur that Bane is a letdown given his comic persona - but we have to see how they explain Bane before I'm willing to say no joy on him. And Catwoman... sorry... but DAMN I wish I was responsible for helping Anne Hathaway into, and more importantly OUT OF that outfit for shooting every day. I'm good with her already!

I didn't like him in the role in general either - but he did the nerdy characterization quite well IMO.

Also - I thought 2 was far superior to 1 in both exploration of the characters as well as the fact that sometimes a villain isn't always what one might think is stereotypical of the archetype. 3 FLAT OUT sucked. Too many characters distracting the whole storyline... but that was 100% Sony's fault for pushing Rammi to include the Venom storyline - which he NEVER wanted to do. One might say he intentionally sabotaged the film because the studio took it over.

Ohhh, duh. 'Vance'-ean. I'm a little slow folks, lol. I thought it was some fancy descriptor vocab.

It is, it's named after our esteemed Vance.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Holy crap, Hathaway is gonna be CatWoman?! I'm totally outta the loop. I wanted to sex her up before I knew this. Definite woody / pants-tent material.

Holy crap, Hathaway is gonna be CatWoman?! I'm totally outta the loop. I wanted to sex her up before I knew this. Definite woody / pants-tent material.
    She looks retarded.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    She looks retarded.
    That how I felt watching Scarlett Johansen (sp) in The Avengers .. I had this look whenever she was up ---->
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Damn, two of my favorite hotties, lookin' stupid? Well guess I'll see soon enough...

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

That how I felt watching Scarlett Johansen (sp) in The Avengers .. I had this look whenever she was up ---->
    Negative, every time i saw her i was like

Tried that in the theater, Grim, and got thrown in the pokey. Pee Wee was there, and said, you too?
    Steve Clark
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
    My Bike Blog