Thread: HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Scenario 1:
    Jack goes duck hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.
    1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
    2010 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counsellors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
    Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
    1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
    2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:
    Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
    1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
    2010 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
    Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
    1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
    2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse, Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:
    Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
    1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
    2010 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
    Pedro fails high school English.
    1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
    2010 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for aliving because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:
    Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.
    1957 - Ants die.
    2010 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:
    Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
    1957 – In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
    2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Re: HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

010 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

You are definetly NOT a zombie on ritalin or any other ADD medication. you are not disabled and have to b diagnised first. lol

Now u all kno a young adult with ADD. Lol

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

Yup
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by big53lee View Post
    010 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

You are definetly NOT a zombie on ritalin or any other ADD medication. you are not disabled and have to b diagnised first. lol

And there is no objective test for ADD, it is the subjective judgement of the psychologist/psychiatrist.

Funny post though.
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

Gold Member

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by big53lee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    And there is no objective test for ADD, it is the subjective judgement of the psychologist/psychiatrist.

Funny post though.
    I originally wanted to agree with both of you but a popup appeared and it's shiny and pretty so I'm not sure what I wanted anymore.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

I agree with all of the senerio depictions..I graduated from high school in 1962..it was about the same then as in 1957.
    It is not what you eat, but rather, how you chew it.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I just made sure nobody was looking when my pretty female teacher touched me.

Funny and sadly true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Scenario 2:
    Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
    1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
    2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.
    This one was really good for me because first guy that ever beat me up ended up becoming my best friend a few years later. I've also been in fights where we fought and did get up and shake hands and were totally cool after. Now I am amazed when I hear kids getting arrested for this stuff because really it is just part of growing up, especially when one kid starts it and your are just defending yourself. Never understood the entire "expell" or "suspention" and how that really helps at all. Kids I knew use to think of a suspension as a free vacation and if they got expelled a lot ende dup never going back to any school. If I were principal I would make these kids come after school and do work for the school instead....
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jun 8th, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

This gives me rage.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hilarious and oh so true.

Im enjoying my trolling session today, this is a funny forum and you guys crack a lot of jokes. I like Scenario 6 about Pedro mowing lawns!

I use that excuse when i am in my front yard. I get solicitors and i tell them that i am the lawn guy. Owner not here.