Thread: TRON Uprising

Thumbs up TRON Uprising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4

For a 'kids' show, I can't believe how well written and well-done it is.

Granted, I'm biased because seeing the original's Light Cycles is probably 90% of why I ride sport bikes today, but even with that bias, if this series can live up to the opener, I'll be watching it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Re: TRON Uprising

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4

For a 'kids' show, I can't believe how well written and well-done it is.

Granted, I'm biased because seeing the original's Light Cycles is probably 90% of why I ride sport bikes today, but even with that bias, if this series can live up to the opener, I'll be watching it.
    I'm DVR'ing it for the kids.
    I have that episode and I believe the first episode of the regular series aired on Tuesday.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Badass, I love that Anime' style animation/grfx. Will have to watch this. I really don't have the time to watch many animated movies anymore nowadays, kinda miss it.

Ghost you ever pump quarters into the classic Tron videogame? One of my old favorites too. Wonder if there is a modern version with PC/PS3/Xbox level of graphics, that would be sweet.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Badass, I love that Anime' style animation/grfx. Will have to watch this. I really don't have the time to watch many animated movies anymore nowadays, kinda miss it.

Ghost you ever pump quarters into the classic Tron videogame? One of my old favorites too. Wonder if there is a modern version with PC/PS3/Xbox level of graphics, that would be sweet.
    I LOVED that game.
    I'll do you one better actually...
    How about this:
    http://www.spaceparanoidsonline.com/
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Whoa, rad! Thanks.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Yep. I cannot describe how much I LOVED that original game, especially once I learned the patterns and could basically play it until it rolled.

Played Discs of Tron too, but it was never the same.

Original Tron and the original Star Wars ("use the Force, Luke") arcade games were my two all-time favorites, and I'd love to own them both.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Uprising was everything I wanted Tron Legacy to be.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Uprising was everything I wanted Tron Legacy to be.
    +1

I really am surprised by the effort they've put into this series, even the voice talent are all "real" actors and not just cheap no-names.

You're right, I wish Legacy was this good.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Nice!
    08 GSXR 750 - New Hotness. Jardine GP1 pipe. Steel brake lines.
    R1 (My California coast bike), 00 GSXR 600 - Crashed on track, 99 GSXR 600 - Parts bike
    Track days: 4
    INFOWARS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Original Tron and the original Star Wars ("use the Force, Luke") arcade games were my two all-time favorites, and I'd love to own them both.
    By original Star Wars, do you mean the one with two versions, standup and 50cent sit-in booth? I love that shit. Especially where you fly the fighter and shoot out the top caps of those towers, and the other phase in the DeathStar trench where you shoot the side thingies. One of my favorite games from back then too.

Apparently there is a micro version, WTF is this thing?! Hahaa...

By original Star Wars, do you mean the one with two versions, standup and 50cent sit-in booth? I love that shit. Especially where you fly the fighter and shoot out the top caps of those towers, and the other phase in the DeathStar trench where you shoot the side thingies. One of my favorite games from back then too.

Apparently there is a micro version, WTF is this thing?! Hahaa...

Yup. That's the one. I preferred the sit-down because it was better than the cardboard box X-Wing I'd made at home.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Watched Ep 04 last night, this show has way more 'hook' to it than the Legacy movie, and unlike that movie, it knows enough to stay in The Grid and not IRL.

The look of the shows keeps blowing me away too. Unfortunately, viewership isn't that massive, so some rumors suggest it won't see a Season 2 due to the costs involved...that'd be a bummer...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson