Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Denver Sportbike Riders

Re: Denver Sportbike Riders

Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
    Finally, to Slo, what happened with the Walnut Room bike night? I'm going to bet it was the Miatsu chick... she is very annoying, and I am to send her a message to STFU.
    No problem, she just mentioned she thought I was being rude posting up another bike night on the same night as hers. Figured there are multiple rides, and bike nights at times..... But to be honest, the quaker one I believe is a weekly thing and more cruisers while the walnut room is one for sportbikes and then anyone else on two wheels or four that wants to come. Much more established, giveaways, great people, etc.

Not a biggie, seen that you posted it right back up....if you make it out there, look for the Asian fella that goes by the name Slo and introduce yourself.

And... I don't think there are any issues with other venues for sportbikers to post up on. There are a few public ones but several private ones for many reasons.
    Last edited by Slo; Mon Jun 11th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

How rude of you J, hahaa! Yeah Quaker Oats is mainly Harleys, not many sportbikes. Seeya at Walnut!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
    Hello, everyone! I was only waiting for my account to be approved! I moved here (back) to Colorado only last month, and hadn't found any groups for riding. I had used meetup in San Diego, CA and found quite a few awesome groups there to ride with. I live in Lakewood, so anywhere in the Denver Metro area, the only Sportbike riders are the kids that buy a bike, don't wear gear, and act like they are hot shit. I have no intentions of creating some sort of rivalry, but I seriously didn't know about this. It was only brought to my attention by Peter.

About the parts for cruisers, like I said, I don't have anything against them or the people that ride them, but, I don't like riding twisties with them. Sorry

About the "Finally, a sportbike meetup group!" It was originally because I hadn't really found the type of bikers I was looking for. You know, like, actual sportbike riders. Do you know how hard it is living in Lakewood to find sportbike specific information? I checked out moto stores, got every single different pamphlet, calendar, names I could find... Zip, Nada, Zilch.

I really don't plan on a competition, and honestly, we could work together. Meetup.com has an awesome events planner and member management system. If rides were posted on there, they are much more manageable.

Finally, to Slo, what happened with the Walnut Room bike night? I'm going to bet it was the Miatsu chick... she is very annoying, and I am to send her a message to STFU.

Anyway, any questions, you can PM or ask me here.
    Keep the shiny side up.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.