Thread: Pacquiao vs Bradley (SPOILER ALERT!!)

Pacquiao vs Bradley (SPOILER ALERT!!)

So who caught this fight and who else was as shocked at me that the decision went to Bradley! Seriously I do not see how this was scored and really makes me think that boxing is so corrupt now. Bradley did a great job, but I do not think he was anywhere near winning more rounds than Manny.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/10/timothy-bradley-decision-manny-pacquiao-fight_n_1584076.html
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Pacquiao vs Bradley (SPOILER ALERT!!)

Boxing has always been a mafia, it was just Manny's time to pass the crown over as per head honcho's word....

I watched it and it shows how corrupt boxing is. I have always thought boxing has been corrupt when it needs to be.

My whole theory on this is they need Manny to keep making the big money, influencing his loss may keep him in for a rematch which more people will end up watching especially after this fiasco. For myself, I thought Manny "may" have lost two rounds at best.

I stopped following boxing for a long time, probably since the last days of Tyson. Started following Manny a while back through some friends influence and became an instant fan, before he was big here.

Would like to see Manny make a public statement that boxing can kiss his ass and that he will retire due to letting corruption take place.

Boxing knows they are on borrowed time with Manny...with his age, family, other duties to his country being cnogressman and future political campaigns.....tv shows, etc. They know that when he leaves, so do many boxing fans.

They are desperately trying to find that next boxer that will keep fans interested and bump him up, however, that will not happen until the next anomoly comes along, probably won't be in any generation of ours.
    Last edited by Slo; Mon Jun 11th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

I have not been so shocked since Tyson bite Evander’s ear! I watched the entire fight and wasn’t even going to bother watching the decision since the fight was so in favor of Manny. I ended up going to the other room to put my dishes away and heard that one of the judges scored it to Bradley and I really thought I heard it wrong. Then I heard “and new champion” and literally had to run in the other room to see if I heard right! NEVER have I been so shocked by a decision; boxing or UFC! I’ve heard that the FBI is now looking into corruption with the gaming commission. Poor Manny to go undefeated for the last 7 years and then to lose this way…..
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    I stopped following boxing for a long time, probably since the last days of Tyson. Started following Manny a while back through some friends influence and became an instant fan, before he was big here.
    Yeah, I quit following boxing about the time pay-per-view started dominating all the fights. I remember when I was a kid, the family would gather around and watch Ali/Frazier/Foreman/etc box on broadcast TV. I didn't catch Manny's fight but it sounds like corruption is alive and well in boxing these days.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Yeah, I quit following boxing about the time pay-per-view started dominating all the fights. I remember when I was a kid, the family would gather around and watch Ali/Frazier/Foreman/etc box on broadcast TV. I didn't catch Manny's fight but it sounds like corruption is alive and well in boxing these days.
    Exactly. It was rigged even back then, but at least it was FREE.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

I stopped watching long ago, just couldn't stand the B.S. that was involved and had no faith in the sport and the people running.

Hoping UFC never gets that way, at least epidemically so. Everyone is for sale and when there's gambling involved I'm sure just about anybody can be bought, just seems a bit harder to fake it in UFC.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Yeah, boxing has been dead for a long time now. It was pretty clear that the heavy weight fights back in the day were all rigged and in the last 5 years the rest of it has gone to shit as well.... I have lost some good coin on their bull shit calls and decisions.

Its still big business but I would love to see it go away. Hopefully MMA never sees the hands of big promoters and thrown fights.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook