Thread: Rossi in 2006!

Rossi in 2006!

I received this message from yamaha-racing.com!

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. and Valentino Rossi are delighted to announce that Valentino will stay with Yamaha for a further year. Rossi will continue to race in Yamaha's MotoGP line-up riding the Yamaha YZR-M1 in the 2006 MotoGP World Championship.

Rossi won the 2004 MotoGP World Championship with Yamaha and is currently competing in his second season with the Japanese manufacturer's factory team. The 26-year old Italian leads the 2005 MotoGP World Championship by 120 points, following his 8th victory at last weekend's German Grand Prix.

Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing, Lin Jarvis, stated, "Since we announced the signing of Valentino Rossi at the end of 2003 we had an astonishing first year with him, and are now enjoying great success again in 2005. This year is the 50th anniversary for Yamaha and is therefore a very special year for us.
    We hope our MotoGP efforts will culminate in a second world title for Valentino with Yamaha. We are obviously very happy to have Valentino with us for another year and to keep him with MotoGP in 2006. The partnership with Valentino is the key point that will now allow us to proceed with our total MotoGP strategy for 2006."

"I am so happy to be able to announce the continuation of my relationship with Yamaha" commented Rossi. "Last year was magic, to win my first race with Yamaha, and then to win the championship. I have a fantastic relationship with this factory and my team crew, who have worked so hard to make the M1 as competitive as it is now, and it just made sense to stay with Yamaha for another year."

High resolution, copyright-free photos of Valentino Rossi are directly available on a dedicated photogallery on www.yamaha-racing.com/motogp/rossi_pictures.asp and the Yamaha factory team media-only website: www.yamahamotogp.com

Not sure why they'd keep him around....
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Princess";p="225579
    Its gotta be kinda love-hate for yamaha.. Love to have him on their bike.. but they gotta hate writing that check..
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

Re: Rossi in 2006!

More like Rossi is gonna keep Yamaha!! :P

Im thinking Yamaha love writing those check out too Rossi, Im sure he has elevated Yamaha's profit margin quit a bit, so what they pay him is probably just interest!

Quote Originally Posted by japrules";p="225698
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess";p="225579
    Its gotta be kinda love-hate for yamaha.. Love to have him on their bike.. but they gotta hate writing that check..

Putting Rossi on the bike is the cheapest way to make it go faster.

Much like putting Hopkins on the bike is a good way to make it tumble downt the track.
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Hmm... I wonder if they'll keep Edwards?

I know Edwards and Rossi get along, but Edwards hasn't shined (as I'd hoped) on pretty much any MotoGP bike he's been on.

I would have loved to see Rossi on a ZX-RR or the GSV-R next year, but I guess that's asking too much.
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r";p="225869
    Hmm... I wonder if they'll keep Edwards?

I know Edwards and Rossi get along, but Edwards hasn't shined (as I'd hoped) on pretty much any MotoGP bike he's been on.

I would have loved to see Rossi on a ZX-RR or the GSV-R next year, but I guess that's asking too much.
    Edwards is 2 points away from being second in the championship, plus he is only one of 3 men to beat Rossi, so I don't think he did that bad.

As for the ZX-RR and the GSV-R those biks apprear to be wothless in motoGp other then in the rain which is a great equipment equalizer (I hope it rains more in the MRA).
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

It's too bad Suzuki can't seem to get the GSV-R up to par with the Yamaha and the Honda, I think Hopkins and Roberts would be whole lot more competitive if the bike didn't have so many problems!

Quote Originally Posted by ebazyl";p="225872
    (I hope it rains more in the MRA).
    Why? We dont run in the rain @ Pueblo.. im not sure about pikes.. SCR we would run in the rain.. So I guess the last race of the Year it could rain.. but @ SCR the HP doesnt matter. :P

MV

Correction - we don't run in the snow at Pueblo. I remeber last year they sent us out while it was misting. ...then they played 52-novice pick up.

I'm sick of getting out-motored. 750
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

Quote Originally Posted by ebazyl";p="225891
    Correction - we don't run in the snow at Pueblo. I remeber last year they sent us out while it was misting. ...then they played 52-novice pick up.

I'm sick of getting out-motored. 750
    Well then buy a 750 and quiot yer bitchin.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r
    <snip...> but Edwards hasn't shined (as I'd hoped) on pretty much any MotoGP bike he's been on.

I think Colin is doing fantastic! The fans love him, He finishes many races that other riders don't, and his finish spots have been steadily getting better, through the first 1/2 of this season.

I mean... He's challenging for 2nd place!!!

And lets face it... With Rossi on the circuit, that might as well be 1st place.

Colin is thee shining American in my book.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson