Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSC Aftermarket Seat reviews?

Re: CSC Aftermarket Seat reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Yeah I was surprised that Sargent doesn't have seats for your bikes. That's why I recommended the Spencer.
    The Spencer seats are moving up on my list, just wish he had an easier process and pre-built seats like everyone else so there's no downtime...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The Spencer seats are moving up on my list, just wish he had an easier process and pre-built seats like everyone else so there's no downtime...
    I know someone who bought a trashed seat off a crashed bike that still had the seat pan intact and sent it into Sargent to have one done. That might be an option if you can find a good price on a used seat.

I know the issue of a limited aftermarket after owning a Triumph for 8 years, for a Sprint there were some parts easy to find and others that just didn't exist in the aftermarket like for other bikes. I considered that when I bought my Concours, I was considering a Moto Guzzi Norge as well, nothing much aftermarket is offered for them whereas a C14 has almost as much available as a BMW-RT.

I just got a Saddlemen "track" model for a '05 R6. After a short 150 mile ride......I friggin love this thing. 100 times better than stock.

I know some of you mentioned gel getting hot and retaining heat, but it was not that bad. This ride was yesterday and it was about 100 degrees out. What seat doesn't get hot? I do not believe the whole seat is gel though. Some kind of gel/foam mix.

The fit should have gone right in, but their holes for mounting were drilled just a bit off. I had to drill the holes slightly bigger to get a good fit.

If anyone has no ass/boney ass, I highly recommend this seat. The best my ass has ever felt on a sportbike!

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
    I just got a Saddlemen "track" model for a '05 R6. After a short 150 mile ride......I friggin love this thing. 100 times better than stock.

I know some of you mentioned gel getting hot and retaining heat, but it was not that bad. This ride was yesterday and it was about 100 degrees out. What seat doesn't get hot? I do not believe the whole seat is gel though. Some kind of gel/foam mix.

The fit should have gone right in, but their holes for mounting were drilled just a bit off. I had to drill the holes slightly bigger to get a good fit.

If anyone has no ass/boney ass, I highly recommend this seat. The best my ass has ever felt on a sportbike!
    Thanks for the info!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Ghost - did you go with Spencer? I've got my seat boxed up and ready to ship to him.

Since someone else rehashed this thread I might as well subscribe as well. I have had the link for spencers mod for over a year and am still up in the air about doing it. I find myself rustling around in the seat and sliding myself backwards from humping the tank all the time. WOuldnt mind a better seat as well that doesnt absorb heat as mine does and is comfortable and certainly cannot afford to spend $200+ on a corbin or sargeant for my SV650
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Since someone else rehashed this thread I might as well subscribe as well. I have had the link for spencers mod for over a year and am still up in the air about doing it. I find myself rustling around in the seat and sliding myself backwards from humping the tank all the time. WOuldnt mind a better seat as well that doesnt absorb heat as mine does and is comfortable and certainly cannot afford to spend $200+ on a corbin or sargeant for my SV650
    I've heard good reviews about the Spencer Seat mod. I went the Sargent route myself and it's one of the best investments you can make for the SV. The difference in comfort is HUGE.

Sadly, I can't say the Sargent is any better as far as movement is concerned. In my opinion, the seat is a little bit too large. I've started looking at other bikes and, aside from more power, seat feel is a serious deciding factor. I doubt any replacement seat for the SV will make you feel more planted, unless you put on 200 lbs.
    Last edited by Drano; Wed Jul 3rd, 2013 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    I've heard good reviews about the Spencer Seat mod. I went the Sargent route myself and it's one of the best investments you can make for the SV. The difference in comfort is HUGE.

My Buddy had an 03 Naked SV with a Sargeant. I only rode on it once for a spin down Golden Gate when we swapped bikes. I spent more time focusing on the ergonomics on the bike vs the seat so I didnt notice the difference. he sold the bike before I got a chance to try and make an offer on the seat (I think the 03 doesnt fit the 05 tho)

I have the OEM SV Gel seat and its hard as hell and pushed me forward up against the tank all the time so when I realize it I push myself back. The seat also absorbs water and heat like hell if left in the elements during a ride.

I still have the stock seat and have heard good things. Tho even on the SV forum there are guys who have bought their own memory foam pads and done it themselves. I dont want to ruin my stock seat tho.

Anyone know someone locally who does mods like this that may be suited for a seat mod? Would be pretty cool if a local guy can do it for the $50, and avoid shipping and have it done in front of you while you wait then throw it back on the bike!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Senior Member Moderator

I've seen recommendations for:
    Bitchn Stitchn in Lakewood - http://www.bitchnstitchninc.com/
    Steve Gowing - http://stevegowing.com/seats/sport-tourer/
    Go West Seats - http://gowestseats.com/

I have a russle day long saddle for myself and the pilon. It's incredibly comfortable but expensive. They start around $500.

I got mine used from another FJR owner for $250.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"