Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
I've heard good reviews about the Spencer Seat mod. I went the Sargent route myself and it's one of the best investments you can make for the SV. The difference in comfort is HUGE.

My Buddy had an 03 Naked SV with a Sargeant. I only rode on it once for a spin down Golden Gate when we swapped bikes. I spent more time focusing on the ergonomics on the bike vs the seat so I didnt notice the difference. he sold the bike before I got a chance to try and make an offer on the seat (I think the 03 doesnt fit the 05 tho)

I have the OEM SV Gel seat and its hard as hell and pushed me forward up against the tank all the time so when I realize it I push myself back. The seat also absorbs water and heat like hell if left in the elements during a ride.

I still have the stock seat and have heard good things. Tho even on the SV forum there are guys who have bought their own memory foam pads and done it themselves. I dont want to ruin my stock seat tho.

Anyone know someone locally who does mods like this that may be suited for a seat mod? Would be pretty cool if a local guy can do it for the $50, and avoid shipping and have it done in front of you while you wait then throw it back on the bike!