Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Powersports 104th

Colorado Powersports 104th

I have used Colorado Powersports for three months now and have nothing but headaches and empty pockets. They seem to lose alot of parts and happen to leave parts unplugged. Does anybody have any happy endings,service wise with them? Sorry just had to vent to someone I hate them Oh and thanks in advance for the responses!

Re: Colorado Powersports 104th

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis2280";p="225774
    I have used Colorado Powersports for three months now and have nothing but headaches and empty pockets. They seem to lose alot of parts and happen to leave parts unplugged. Does anybody have any happy endings,service wise with them? Sorry just had to vent to someone I hate them Oh and thanks in advance for the responses!
    Some of you have heard this rant before - At the end of 2003, Kim and I went in there and dropped over $35,000 on two 2004 quads and our 2003 R1 and R6, a two place trailer and some gear. They gave me the run-around on the gear saying that it was a different dept. and they can't give deals. Bull shit!!! The entire place is owned by one person - go get him and let him tell me I can't get a break on my helmets, then I'll just go buy these bikes somewhere else. We did eventually get a very, very small break. The very next day I go in and they didn't know who I was!! We haven't been back since!!

Oh yeah, they also gave us a ton of attitude because I wouldn't purchase the service package. They even claimed my warranty wouldn't be valid without it. They quickly backed down when I proved that I knew the law!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

I purchased my 04 R1 and my 04 YZ450 Co PowerSports in Denver.

On the R1, it was their second shipment and no one was discounting at the time. They threw in the helmet, gloves, a sprocket, some other stuff I wanted.

On the YZ450, it was end of season and the 05's had started shipping. They sold it to me for $4800+200 put together or shipping fee.

So they discounted for me both times. I will go there again, the people and manager were pretty nice but not very organized. But as with any place, they may not like the way you look, or in a bad mood or stock is low so you get no deal. That is why you shop around. I never had them do service they gave me pressure for the extended warranty but not more than best buy or a car dealership.

If you bought a motorcycle here in the Springs, you would quickly appreciate the competition in Denver, prices are better, in-stock is better, selection is better. Some dealerships in Denver suck. I had bad buying experiences with both Excel and Grand Prix but again you have to shop around, I would try both of these when buying a new bike.

Used bikes are more difficult, I don't trust any of them.

Ive had every problenm with them from damaged parts, lost keys, forgotten appointments, no oil in the bike after oil changes...... Ive given them the ben of the doubt multiple times. They fail every time. If U need something that comes in a pre packaged product and U absolutely cant find it some where else..... Maybe go there...Otherwise keep on walkin.
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil";p="225821
    no oil in the bike after oil changes......
    Say what?

That's, uh ... not good!

good to know!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    I remember talking to a kid named Jeremy in their Service Department that didn't seem overly bright.

Their parts department isn't very top notch either. I order a couple spare key blanks from them and they said they'd call me when they come in, in about 5 days or so. I prepay.

Well me being me, I totally space it for like a month, and then call them and talk with the kid whose name is on my reciept and he has the nuts to tell me "Yeah.. they just came in today. I was about to call you".

I just started laughing, and said "Who do you think you're trying to kid here?" <laugh again> "Dork."

He hung up on me.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

WOW some of these stories tell me a little story. I can't believe what some company's get away with and they seem to think this is not a problem. I mean really how in the f*#k do you forget oil. I would have just rip someones head off. No not really I am the same way I give them multiable opportunity's and it is always the same result. It is also funny that Jeremy is mentioned because he is the one I always deal with and can never answer any question I ask I had the same feelings Barn. Has anyone had the great opportunity to talk to Jeff Stevens the service manager he is worthless. Well I appreciate the responses and sorry to hear about some of your stories.

And stories like these are exactly why I own the service manual and do the work myself. If you can follow diagrams and read instructions thoroughly, you can do just about anything on a bike yourself with a decent set of tools. When I got my first bike I didn't know how to do much else than change the oil and plugs. Now I can do pretty much ... whatever.

If I have to take it somewhere to get worked on, it goes to TK Motorsports on 8th/I-25.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="226096
    And stories like these are exactly why I own the service manual and do the work myself. If you can follow diagrams and read instructions thoroughly, you can do just about anything on a bike yourself with a decent set of tools. When I got my first bike I didn't know how to do much else than change the oil and plugs. Now I can do pretty much ... whatever.

If I have to take it somewhere to get worked on, it goes to TK Motorsports on 8th/I-25.
    But what if you a lazy and don't want to do it. Are you available Ralphie to do a radiator flush for my R1 for a reasonable price?

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="226096

Ill ditto that. Anything I cant or dont want to tackle myself goes to TK..... Service manual = Best way to use 500 pages of paper I can think of
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Even better - get your service manual on PDF! You can zoom in on those pictures, copy part numbers for use in ordering or looking stuff up, etc. I keep a printout for writing notes in, but use the electronic version so much I have even considered dedicating an old PC to the garage just so I have it there.

Also make extensive use of online microfiche, from places like Ron Ayers. You can find full exploded parts diagrams, they are money when you can't remember where that piece goes!

CO Powersports sucks donkey dick!!!!

I will never step foot in that place again. They couldn't fix my bike worth a shit and they could give me a correct answer to what was wrong. I asked to talk to the GM and the parts manager got mad as hell that I wanted to talk to someone above him.

Go to TK and they will take care of you.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Quote Originally Posted by swademaster";p="226237
    Go to TK and they will take care of you.
    They took care of me - charged me $30 deposite on fuel and will only give me $10 back as in-store credit.

Anyone need a 15 gal. VP drum, $20? This would save you $10 on the deposite and you would only lose $10, instead of $20, when you return it. Otherwise, it's gonna become a $30 trash can

...let the flaming begin!!
    Kim & Dean

Dean, what are you talking about? I am confused. Did you buy gas, or a fuel drum, or "rent" the stuff, or what? Not getting what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="226247
    Dean, what are you talking about? I am confused. Did you buy gas, or a fuel drum, or "rent" the stuff, or what? Not getting what you're talking about.
    I bought a 15 gal. drum of VP U4 and was charged an extra $30. I was told it was a deposite because the drums weren't being returned. When I went to return the drum, I was told I could only get back $10 as in-store credit. The drum was not new and was pulled from a storage shed and is marked M1 and has a little rust on the outside. So, I'm wondering why I was even charged a deposit in the first place.
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="226270
    Yeah, no shit!!!!
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean";p="226267
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="226247
    I bought a 15 gal. drum of VP U4 and was charged an extra $30. I was told it was a deposite because the drums weren't being returned. When I went to return the drum, I was told I could only get back $10 as in-store credit. The drum was not new and was pulled from a storage shed and is marked M1 and has a little rust on the outside. So, I'm wondering why I was even charged a deposit in the first place.
    Wow! The stuff I can do to annoy someone!

1st off sorry for the confusion, you did not pay $30 more you paid the price for a 15gal drum of U4. We are now explaining the higher cost as what it is, a "Drum Charge". At the time you bought the fuel and drum we were still calling them deposits. Previously we were doing that but got caught out on too many drums returned with garbage in them. With the increases in our costs on drums and what we get back when we send them back we found it appropriate to go to this policy. Sorry you got caught out in the middle of it. And I would have been happy to give you your $10 bucks there was NOTHING ever said about an in store credit. I will still give you the $10 for the drum :-)

Sorry for the hi-jack!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian38";p="226279

Wow! The stuff I can do to annoy someone!

1st off sorry for the confusion, you did not pay $30 more you paid the price for a 15gal drum of U4. We are now explaining the higher cost as what it is, a "Drum Charge". At the time you bought the fuel and drum we were still calling them deposits. Previously we were doing that but got caught out on too many drums returned with garbage in them. With the increases in our costs on drums and what we get back when we send them back we found it appropriate to go to this policy. Sorry you got caught out in the middle of it. And I would have been happy to give you your $10 bucks there was NOTHING ever said about an in store credit. I will still give you the $10 for the drum :-)

Sorry for the hi-jack!

Brian
    For me, it's very, very simple. You said it was a deposite and when I went to return it you said $10 in-store credit. So, I left with my drum. I love how the story ALWAYS changes!! It's not my fault if you can't remember what you told me.

Do you remember telling me to go to a performance shop to get heat shield? I asked for you to let me know when you got some several times and you said, "no" you stock it anyway. Then, at CDR you said you had some and I told you I went to the shop that you suggested. I then got bitched out for not letting you know. You set the situation. Again, not my fault if you can't remember what you tell people.

Next...
    Kim & Dean

I've actually bought 2 bikes from Colorado Powersports. One in the Castle Rock store and one in the Boulder store before they moved. However, I brought my 2004 R1 in for a problem. If I'm cruising at about 42 mph in 2nd, and crack the throttle it bogs down and hardly moves. It gets really quiet and almost seems dead until I roll off. I took it to them because it was still under the 1 year warranty. They tried to tell me that it was just a dirty air filter. I wanted a K&N anyway so I told them to put it in. But I checked the air filter before I brought it to them, and it wasn't that bad. Bike only had 2000 miles on it. I'm driving it home and it does the same thing. Don't you think they would have checked it before they put it out. I took it right back that same day. They had it almost 5 days and the best answer they can come up with is ......"uh, it's a glitch in the fuel injection system". Well no shit!!! They even tried to say that because I didn't buy the maintenance package, they have to record as to how it was maintained. I heard that and brought in all of my reciepts for oil changes and injector synchro's that I had done. They're just a bunch of idiots that know dick about working on bikes. They wanted to charge me something like $80 for the labor, on a problem that they didn't even fix. As an update the problem is still there and I even called Yamaha to get some answers. If anyone else has the 2004/2005 R1 and this has happened to them, let me know what you did to fix it. The bike is stock except for the air filter.
    She said it was her or the bike, god I'm going to miss her

And just to clarify, they told me that there would be no charge if they found a manufacturer defect or if they found nothing wrong
    She said it was her or the bike, god I'm going to miss her

With out too much of a plug here, I would recomend Coyote Yamaha to every Yamaha owner and to all power sports enthusiest.

Quote Originally Posted by bentzing";p="226298
    I've actually bought 2 bikes from Colorado Powersports. One in the Castle Rock store and one in the Boulder store before they moved. However, I brought my 2004 R1 in for a problem. If I'm cruising at about 42 mph in 2nd, and crack the throttle it bogs down and hardly moves. It gets really quiet and almost seems dead until I roll off. I took it to them because it was still under the 1 year warranty. They tried to tell me that it was just a dirty air filter. I wanted a K&N anyway so I told them to put it in. But I checked the air filter before I brought it to them, and it wasn't that bad. Bike only had 2000 miles on it. I'm driving it home and it does the same thing. Don't you think they would have checked it before they put it out. I took it right back that same day. They had it almost 5 days and the best answer they can come up with is ......"uh, it's a glitch in the fuel injection system". Well no shit!!! They even tried to say that because I didn't buy the maintenance package, they have to record as to how it was maintained. I heard that and brought in all of my reciepts for oil changes and injector synchro's that I had done. They're just a bunch of idiots that know dick about working on bikes. They wanted to charge me something like $80 for the labor, on a problem that they didn't even fix. As an update the problem is still there and I even called Yamaha to get some answers. If anyone else has the 2004/2005 R1 and this has happened to them, let me know what you did to fix it. The bike is stock except for the air filter.
    I believe we may have fixxed a simular problem in Tim F's 05 R1. Call 303.283.9000 ask for jack , describe the problem and let him know Derek said he might be able to help