Thread: csc HVAC peeps?

csc HVAC peeps?

Today my central ac seemed to be on the fritz. The t stat is less than a year old and while I set it down to 75 it never dropped below 80.5 on the display and certainly felt so. I haven't had it serviced since I bought the house 2 years ago and it seemed to work ok previously. The filter didn't seem too bad(I replace them every 3 months) but I will toss a new one in. Also there is a humidifier built into the system but I have no clue how to operate it. Anyone who can give me a deal on an inspection or cash deal let me know. I am in e Denver near Colfax & Quebec.

Re: csc HVAC peeps?

Call/PM Brian F, aka Nutz on here. He's very professional and got me all squared away when my system was non-operational. With these high temps, he's been quite busy though.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by BC14 View Post
    Call/PM Brian F, aka Nutz on here. He's very professional and got me all squared away when my system was non-operational. With these high temps, he's been quite busy though.
    Sounds good, I just replaced the filter & in doing so noticed the bottom seam just on the after side of the filter was wide open, cooling my crawlspace. I am going to attack it w some duct tape tonight or tom. If all else fails I will touch base. Thanks again-Derek

I have to admit my reply was copied & pasted from 2 dif pm replies.

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

+1 on Brian, he's fixed A/C and heating issues at 2 of our rental properties, installed central for a friend and I recommend him to far too many people. He's likely quite sick of it, but is always pleasant and appreciative.

I however had the same thing going on that you describe at a townhouse I own. I called in a repair order as the AC was under warranty. I was told that you can't expect the A/C to keep up with 100 degree heat and that getting it down 20 degrees cooler than outside was more than acceptable performance. 80 in my master bedroom wasn't a good sleeping temp. so I bought a small window ac unit which started an HOA war prompting the original installer to come back, reroute some air flow, install a booster fan to get more air to the master bedroom and it was improved. I think the builder should have used a bigger air conditioner, but you get what you get when buying a new construction package.

Take advantage of Archimedes principle. Hot air rises, cool air falls. Blow all of your cold air to the highest point in your house. And as Brian (NUTZ) will tell you, leave it on all the time set at a temp you're comfortable with. Mine is at 74 Hold.

MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1078rr
    2012 CBR1000rr Anniversary Edition

"keep your words soft and sweet as one day you may have to eat them" -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by PunyJuney View Post
    I however had the same thing going on that you describe at a townhouse I own. I called in a repair order as the AC was under warranty. I was told that you can't expect the A/C to keep up with 100 degree heat and that getting it down 20 degrees cooler than outside was more than acceptable performance. 80 in my master bedroom wasn't a good sleeping temp. so I bought a small window ac unit which started an HOA war prompting the original installer to come back, reroute some air flow, install a booster fan to get more air to the master bedroom and it was improved. I think the builder should have used a bigger air conditioner, but you get what you get when buying a new construction package.
    I went through the same thing when I added AC to my old house. After getting the same story from the contractor I researched it and the 20 degree drop is across the coil, not outside to inside. You are not taking in outside air to cool! There is no question your unit is undersized. For comparison my current house is only 20% bigger but has twice the cooling capacity.

For Derek, I give another +1 for Brian

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by PunyJuney View Post
    +1 on Brian, he's fixed A/C and heating issues at 2 of our rental properties, installed central for a friend and I recommend him to far too many people. He's likely quite sick of it, but is always pleasant and appreciative.

Take advantage of Archimedes principle. Hot air rises, cool air falls. Blow all of your cold air to the highest point in your house. And as Brian (NUTZ) will tell you, leave it on all the time set at a temp you're comfortable with. Mine is at 74 Hold.
    That its because of the sloppy install practices of this state. I did hvac install for five years in nevada with temps around 115 at anytime during the summer. Biggest problem of the installs in this state is putting the return airs down low on the floor. As you stated heat rises. Also squar duct is garbage. Makes to much noise. Doesn't let air travel properly. Also you end up with 20 to 30 foot runs off the main trunk line. Actually the only thing I have seen done right with hvac install is trying to get a return in every room.

The next time you hear it just can't be done think about all the homes in places like az,ut and nevada that see much higher temps. It can't be done here because the system wasnt designed properly.

Not trying to bash anyone on this site or say anyone here doesn't know what they are taking about. I just can't stand hearing it can't be done.