Thread: "I am The LAW."

"I am The LAW."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifvRiHVSCY

Sadly, after seeing this, I still think the 1995 (!) version with Stallone will continue to be my favorite, Urban's voice and chin just don't have the impact that Sly's had...

And there better be a goddamn ABC Robot or I'll be pissed...though Cersei Lannister is still hot as "Ma Ma"...
    Last edited by Ghost; Thu Jun 21st, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: "I am The LAW."

like'd the cannibal cyborgs.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    like'd the cannibal cyborgs.
    Judge Dredd: The legendary Angel family. Cursed Earth pirates, murderers, scavengers. And, of course, scumbags.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

i just watched the trailer...hmmmm......looks good. that slo mo drug must be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    i just watched the trailer...hmmmm......looks good. that slo mo drug must be amazing
    I collected the comics, I actually enjoyed the Stallone version--for what it was--so this reboot will get my $5 for a matinee...

As to Slo-Mo, I bet it'd sell if it existed...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Looks great!
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Eh, reminds me of the the new total recall, good be good but will not scratch the original. What's next a Tango And Cash remake....please no.
    Now I'm gonna tell you about an accident and I don't want to hear "Act of God".

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Sadly, after seeing this, I still think the 1995 (!) version with Stallone will continue to be my favorite, Urban's voice and chin just don't have the impact that Sly's had..
    I agree. It feels like he's trying hard to portray Stallone's version of the character, and not cutting it.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Meh...

Looks like a mash up of Judge Dredd and New Jack City... only without Pookie...

Red box'er
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    Eh, reminds me of the the new total recall, good be good but will not scratch the original. What's next a Tango And Cash remake....please no.
    Reboots, prequels & sequels are "safe" so it's all anyone will make...

Mad Max Fury Road comes out next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I agree. It feels like he's trying hard to portray Stallone's version of the character, and not cutting it.
    Exactly. Even when I read the comics, I hear Stallone's voice, Urban just can't pull it off & even the chick is more annoying & less believable than Hershey was.

I'm going in with low expectations and for $5 I'm just hoping the Matrix bullet time for Slo Mo looks cool enough to justify going...
    Last edited by Ghost; Fri Jun 22nd, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Meh...

Looks like a mash up of Judge Dredd and New Jack City... only without Pookie...

Red box'er

Chris Rock's big screen debut. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Reboots, prequels & sequels are "safe" so it's all anyone will make...

Mad Max Fury Road comes out next year...
    I saw you put Mad max and just felt a sense of dread. They are just gonna fuck it up like everything else. There will be no "Gaaasolean", no toecutter or Humongus. Talks about another Beetle-juice and Ghostbusters as well. The only remake I have ever seen that I thought was really good was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake in 2003, and it still didn't live up to the original.
    Last edited by SNAFU; Fri Jun 22nd, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

F the $5 for a ticket, I'll wait for a BR-Rip and download it. Then if it is good, I'll buy it.

I'm not into the remakes. Sly was pretty good in Judge Dredd...maybe they should of got him for the role. No one said Judge Dredd can not age, so you know maybe a new one where the old left off 20 years later.

Right? Why do none of these characters age? Instead of havin the original they just redo everything. Harrison Ford was in the last Indiana and while I thought the story was kinda crappy, he continued to do a really good job.

I saw you put Mad max and just felt a sense of dread. They are just gonna fuck it up like everything else. There will be no "Gaaasolean", no toecutter or Humongus. Talks about another Beetle-juice and Ghostbusters as well. The only remake I have ever seen that I thought was really good was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake in 2003, and it still didn't live up to the original.
    Yep, Mad Max Fury Road is supposedly filming now. It'll suck. Tom Hardy (Bane) is MM.

The next Blade Runner is also rumored to be "in the pipeline" and given the over-hype and under-delivery of Prometheus, that'll suck as well.

Rebooting everything rarely makes for a better movie than the original...

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I'm not into the remakes. Sly was pretty good in Judge Dredd...maybe they should of got him for the role. No one said Judge Dredd can not age, so you know maybe a new one where the old left off 20 years later.
    Right? Why do none of these characters age? Instead of havin the original they just redo everything. Harrison Ford was in the last Indiana and while I thought the story was kinda crappy, he continued to do a really good job.
    Sly's done The Expendables I & II, so he's still alive enough to have done Dredd 2012. I agree, it would have been cooler to see the changes on Mega City One after 20yrs.

Besides, this reboot seems to have even less plot and story arc than the 1995--it's just climbing a building with combat every floor...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

lol, I knew someone was gonna bring up Bladerunner. The way I see BR though, as long as Ridley Scott directs it should be at the least entertaining if not better(I am partial to almost all his movies though). Though I did think Prometheus was good, not great, but worth $5(although I also thought the same thing about Tron:legacy). Yes there were weak spots in both, but overall good.

As for Mad Max, I do like Tom Hardy. He's been good in everything I have seen him in; ST: Nemesis, Layer Cake, BHD, Tinker Tailor, etc. I guess the ultimate test will be MM for him as I don't have much stock in the new Batman.

Even less plot than 95!?!? I bet they try to make it super serious and dark like what happens to most Remakes/Reboots. That's why I still like Keaton Batman over Dark Knight. I miss the days when movies had a little of everything.

lol, I knew someone was gonna bring up Bladerunner. The way I see BR though, as long as Ridley Scott directs it should be at the least entertaining if not better(I am partial to almost all his movies though). Though I did think Prometheus was good, not great, but worth $5(although I also thought the same thing about Tron:legacy). Yes there were weak spots in both, but overall good.

As for Mad Max, I do like Tom Hardy. He's been good in everything I have seen him in; ST: Nemesis, Layer Cake, BHD, Tinker Tailor, etc. I guess the ultimate test will be MM for him as I don't have much stock in the new Batman.

Even less plot than 95!?!? I bet they try to make it super serious and dark like what happens to most Remakes/Reboots. That's why I still like Keaton Batman over Dark Knight. I miss the days when movies had a little of everything.
    I re-watched the Burton Batmans, have to say, didn't like them as much as I did 10 years ago. I think that the Nolan Batmans, for good or ill, changed the way you can view the old ones. Now they definitely seem very dated, very much an "80s" movie in too many aspects to be really "great" again.

Still, I haven't been thrilled with Batman Rise, think it's overhyped, don't really like much of the trailers I've seen, and think CW and Bane's costumes look like total shit.

I thought Prometheus was a let down, so I'm assuming BR 2.0 will be as well...not very thrilled at what rumors I've read, but we'll see...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I will have to agree with Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes they were pretty f'ing good.