Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Fires - Offers for Help

Colorado Fires - Offers for Help

http://www.krdo.com/news/Wildfire-pr...s/-/index.html

In case any of you here in the Dirty South haven't seen it. Waldo Canyon is on FIRE!! and it's marching down the mountain side towards Manitou Springs. CSFD and El Paso FD are responding. Looks like many of the roads are being closed heading that way. Mandatory evacs for everyone in surrounding areas. Cedar Heights has also been put on evac.

We really need some rain and bad....
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Tue Jun 26th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Pyramid Fire

I've been watching the plume of smoke over my house here on the west side get bigger and bigger. Pray they get control of it soon!

US 24 west is closed and going east a ton of traffic due to evacuations. Westside is a mess. Stay away....

i just came down 24, its good going down. up too. just everythings on fire still. sucks i was on rampart in my new boat when i saw a wisp in the air and thought. damnit now what..... all day on rampart saw it get closer and closer, worse and worse... whole damn states going to go up before long........

I'm just north of the evacuation area and hoping we don't have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja2 View Post
    US 24 west is closed and going east a ton of traffic due to evacuations. Westside is a mess. Stay away....
    Lies!!!
    Anyway I riding, hit Cripple Creek to check out Donkey Derby Days. There were plenty of people going west, but east did suck sweaty donkey balls.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

My dad and I went fishing today (Indie Pass) and at 6am as we were leaving Colorado Springs, the state patrol and EPSO had every side street blocked off with a squad car. After Buena Vista and just before you turn onto 24 from 285 they had a sign saying 24 was closed at Woodland Park. So we took 9, 50 and 115 to get back. Added a nice hour to the trip.

Once we got back into the South end of Colorado springs, holy shit! We stopped for a drink and it smells like a camp fire now.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

They had closed the westbound lane Sat between 1pm and 2pm or so. Was in a store and they brought in a pregnant woman who was in labor and could not get back Woodland Park to deliver. I think it was primarily closed to get firefighters up there initially.

My office is on the west side next to Coronado HS where all the news reporters are (Kissing Camels Office Park). The entire building smells like smoke - the air quality outside is actually better. Trying to make arrangements to meet with clients at a different location.

Mandatory evacs for peregrine and mountain shadows. The fire has jumped queen's canyon. It's starting to race down the mountain side. Fire has nothing left to cross. Itsin colorado springs.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Fire - bike storage/trailer

I only have a small one car garage (not in fire danger at all), but if anyone needs to store a bike or two I can make room. I could probably squeeze 4-5 in total if needed. I also have a single bike trailer if you need to move a bike or something larger (<800 lbs).

Re: Fire - bike storage/trailer

Im in stetson hills Can store about 8 bikes
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

My aunt and uncle's house is currently on fire. Said uncle's sister and bro-in-law (other aunt and uncle) and parents (my grandparents) are all evacuated.

Whatever you guys do, whether it's pray, rain dance, talk to Mother Earth, or cut yourself to invite spirits in, please do it to help stop this fire...

can store bikes, cars and take in small animals, like cats,or bunnies

Mandatory evac for Rockrimmon

In Aurora but I can take in about fifteen bikes.

I can store 5 or 6 bikes in Elizabeth and plenty of outdoor room for cars and such (2 1/2 acres, no covenants)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    My aunt and uncle's house is currently on fire. Said uncle's sister and bro-in-law (other aunt and uncle) and parents (my grandparents) are all evacuated.

Whatever you guys do, whether it's pray, rain dance, talk to Mother Earth, or cut yourself to invite spirits in, please do it to help stop this fire...
    Man that sucks, total bummer. KRDO just said 35 house are on fire at the moment. Homes on Wilson Rd. and Flying W Ranch Rd seem to be the area affected at this point. Just also heard that Air Force Academy is getting preliminary evacs as well. Which is the fire continues to move like it did today, it will be there in a matter of hours. Mountain Shadows area were alerted around 1PM today, and by 4PM people were being evac'ed. This is crazy and I can't believe how fast the fire has moved just this afternoon.

Prayers to God for help for those fighting the fire, for those losing homes and for calming the Earth down.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Fire in Boulder - I have space

I can't see any threads - I've been banned without cause I think.

If anybody is in need of help in Boulder - FlatIrons, etc, I have room for bikes, people, dogs, cats.

I'm so deeply saddened by this all. Our state is on fire. (feels that way anyway)

BTW - I'm in Erie, which at least gives some distance from the fire.
    Last edited by 64BonnieLass; Tue Jun 26th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Re: Waldo Canyon Fire(Pyramid Fire)

Flying W Ranch(the restaurant) is gone!! just confirmed.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

My office is over there. watched it come over the ridge and come down. If anyone on the west side needs a place to crash, let me know. have room for animals
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

I can fit an extra bike or two in the garage, or a car in the driveway if need be. East side of the Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Man that sucks, total bummer. KRDO just said 35 house are on fire at the moment. Homes on Wilson Rd. and Flying W Ranch Rd seem to be the area affected at this point. Just also heard that Air Force Academy is getting preliminary evacs as well. Which is the fire continues to move like it did today, it will be there in a matter of hours. Mountain Shadows area were alerted around 1PM today, and by 4PM people were being evac'ed. This is crazy and I can't believe how fast the fire has moved just this afternoon.

Prayers to God for help for those fighting the fire, for those losing homes and for calming the Earth down.
    My uncle's house was at the intersection of Wilson Rd. and Brogan's Bluff. If you zoom in on Google Maps you'll see a spur of a road with a truck parked next to the house. That's my old Dakota, seems they were spying on me when they snapped the picture. He's retired CSFD so he has contacts in the chain of command on the fire. His house was one of the first ones to catch fire and is already gone. Fuck...

Re: Fire in Boulder - I have space

thats a really nice thing to offer
    it really is a terrifing scene out there
    my friend on co spgs said tonight that the fire has actually reached the NW part of town!
    i am safe at this point in Eagle county, we have ben spared so far
    way to go for doing what you can to help
    my heart and prayers go out to those that have lost everything

Air Force Academy evac'ed...Going to work at 1030 to support the move of the cadets