Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th of July morning ride?!

4th of July morning ride?!

Yo yo yo all! I'm giving everyone a TON of notice and wanted to see who would be up for a morning run on next Wednesday the 4th of July! Meet at MOCO @ 8:15am KSU @ 9:00am. Can do the standard bear/squaw/CCRW/119/7/etc.. or any routes that anyone else would be up for (doesnt matter had sex!)!! Weather as of today looks awesome as well, high of 88* and looks like no rain. Who's commin with me?!
    -Mick-

*Update*
    So meet time is set a bit earlier at 7:45 KSU at 8:30. Route is on second page that Barn has posted. Should be a good time. Around 250 miles and weather looks awesome.
    Last edited by MilkMan; Mon Jul 2nd, 2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Updated time and route
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Re: 4th of July morning ride?!

If my buddy let's me take the 675 that day I'm down. I get that day off and paid hehe

Dammit! I work an 8 hr and get off at 630 that morning or I would!
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Im coming with ya Milkman. I really hate the regular route, though. Not because of the roads, there a blast but because of the trouble we have all caused. LEO, traffic, etc. Any thoughts on starting even early and heading south. Been down towards Canyon City lately?
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

No firecracker 500 this year?

Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    No firecracker 500 this year?
    +1 I'm looking for this again. Haven't seen anything from Bash though.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I talked with Bash about it a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know he's not leading one this year. I would step up to lead it (since I do the route a few times a year anyways) but I'm very paranoid about getting another ticket (which would suspend my license - it's hard to ride with 2 points).
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Ya that might be fun. Anyone up for a ride down to bishops castle from Denver and back? Could meet up with the springs guys in either Deckers/Woodland Park/Or the Acorn Station off I25 and head down from there? Would be a pretty epic morning/early afternoon of riding! I planned a bishops ride last year but woke up late for it would really like to get down there this year! That sound like a plan to anyone?!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!

Denver to Bishop's and back is more of an early morning/late afternoon ride, unless you slab it in both directions....which pretty much takes all the fun out of it!
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
    Ya that might be fun. Anyone up for a ride down to bishops castle from Denver and back? Could meet up with the springs guys in either Deckers/Woodland Park/Or the Acorn Station off I25 and head down from there? Would be a pretty epic morning/early afternoon of riding! I planned a bishops ride last year but woke up late for it would really like to get down there this year! That sound like a plan to anyone?!
    -Mick-
    Sounds like a plan to me.
    Early leave time, 600-630AM?

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Sumo or sportbike??

Quote Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post
    Denver to Bishop's and back is more of an early morning/late afternoon ride, unless you slab it in both directions....which pretty much takes all the fun out of it!
    Naw...Take I-25 to Wolfensburger down to 105..Back to I-25 down to Nevada (115) into Floremce to 67 to 165 to and through bishops
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Sumo or sportbike??
    Sportbike. The Big Gixxer has been getting neglected.

Well given the recent dreadful turn of events in the springs I'm thinking that heading south might not be the best idea. Not sure if any of you have seen the pictures, but almost all of the north west part of town down there is on mandatory evac or already on fire ...
    -Mick-

I'm in depending on start time 630 is a little early for me
    06 CBR600RR
    7:319/0319

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I talked with Bash about it a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know he's not leading one this year. I would step up to lead it (since I do the route a few times a year anyways) but I'm very paranoid about getting another ticket (which would suspend my license - it's hard to ride with 2 points).

Iam not positive on my work schedule this upcoming week, but it looks like I will be home.
    So I am going to make a call out for the ride. You'all do what you wish of course.
    Last edited by Bashed; Thu Jun 28th, 2012 at 07:48 PM.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

maybe
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Sportbike. The Big Gixxer has been getting neglected.
    I'll give the gixxer some love if you don't want to lol

Well given the recent dreadful turn of events in the springs I'm thinking that heading south might not be the best idea. Not sure if any of you have seen the pictures, but almost all of the north west part of town down there is on mandatory evac or already on fire ...
    -Mick-
    Milk - - Any update on the route? Looks like anywhere near the Springs will be off limits. I wanna ride just not into the smoke and flames...
    Q: Why do you insist on wearing all that leather?
    A: I'd rather sweat than bleed!

shawn..415.624.7768

Ya I'm growing more and more concerned with almost any route as of now. Between boulder, Waldo canyon, and Hyde park it seems like most of the front range is up in flames... . Thinking about this though, would anyone be up for a day at IMI? Close enough to ride to and no worry of traffic and LEOs! Traffic is really a concern given the holiday. And cops are always out in full force on the 4th as well. Anyone know if IMI would even be open on the 4th?
    -Mick-

bump
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

Ya I'm growing more and more concerned with almost any route as of now. Between boulder, Waldo canyon, and Hyde park it seems like most of the front range is up in flames... . Thinking about this though, would anyone be up for a day at IMI? Close enough to ride to and no worry of traffic and LEOs! Traffic is really a concern given the holiday. And cops are always out in full force on the 4th as well. Anyone know if IMI would even be open on the 4th?
    -Mick-
    Call them?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Yep they open at 9. Think I'm gonna do that instead. Can't really afford any tickets right now and the traffic is probably going to be less than favorable.
    -Mick-

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

So is this ride sorta "off" for right now, or is anybody still interested? I have a route in mind, and would be down for a MOCO departure in the AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson