Thread: Stoner and Bridgestone

Stoner and Bridgestone

Man, Stoner seems to like them alot!!!!.....

Dont really agree with him here. I believe they ARE trying to do something about it. Why would Bridgestone admit even if something was wrong? They are obviously trying to fix the situation. Although I do not agree with the mandatory front tire, these guys in the top class have been dealing with chatter (one of Stoners complaints) before Bridgestone's even got slapped on the Honda's. It seems a possibility IMO that the electronic packages are so good that they are applying the power to the tire so perfectly...that it is overstressing the tires. There is so much demand on the tires, that they simply are not moving forward as quickly as the technology. With the current temperatures as well, this could possibly speed up the process of deterioration which would allow for a bigger gap between machine and tire. Do you think if Michelin or Dunlop entered the series that anything would change? I dont think so. IMO of course. I could be way off the mark. What do you think?

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jul/120706z.htm
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Stoner and Bridgestone

There is no doubt that competition improves the breed. Do I think tires would get better if there was more than one brand in GP? Yes. Just like racers get better when they have someone to races against. Casey would not be the rider he is today if had not been trying to catch Valentino. Same goes with tires.

Bridgestone will fix the quality problem, they have to. Having a rider get injured because of a tire failure would be damaging to their business.

What is interesting to me is his comment about the tired getting worse and bikes going slower. I think this is the real point of the control tire. Something has to be the limiting factor. If not, then the bikes will eventually be so fast that the racetracks themselves will be inadequate to the task of rider safety.