Thread: A reboot I am actually looking forward to!

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

A reboot I am actually looking forward to!

Dead or alive, you're coming with me!... or... HERE!

Now with viral teaser attached!
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Re: A reboot I am actually looking forward to!

Meh. Rebooting every 80s movie, ever, is wearing thin.

Too little to know if this is going to be worth a shit, or just plain shit...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Nice, especially if it isn't a cheeze-fest. Favorite scene, go go gadget ED-209!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9l9wxGFl4k
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I can't wait for the Goonies reboot...

Goonies never say die!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Heard a Total Recall remake is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    I can't wait for the Goonies reboot...

Goonies never say die!
    Shut your whorish mouth!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Heard they were remaking "The Pest".....

~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Heard a Total Recall remake is coming...
    Saw the previews, not impressed.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

did anyone go see Savages over the wk-end? bad, good, great? almost went. dunno it might be drawn out , being an oliver stone movie.

Gonna go catch the matinee.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Nice, especially if it isn't a cheeze-fest. Favorite scene, go go gadget ED-209!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9l9wxGFl4k
    Who the hell loaded the killer robot with live ammo to a demo in a conference room?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
    Who the hell loaded the killer robot with live ammo to a demo in a conference room?
    Yeah, those 80's galaxy-sized plot-holes, gotta love 'em!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    My understanding is they've retooled this movie 3 times now since filming.
    First it was the Chinese as the only enemy - but they had to can that because of the Chinese market potential for distribution and change it to a "coalition force" invading the US.
    Second was the bankruptcy of MGM that caused them to retool it with cheaper effects and post-production.
    Third was a total retool to North Korea being the enemy and having to digitally remove almost all references to China whatsoever - costing the studio even more money on a movie that's supposedly been in the can for over 2 years now.

Something tells me if this gets distributed at all - it's going to have NO marketing budget.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    First it was the Chinese as the only enemy - but they had to can that because of the Chinese market potential for distribution and change it to a "coalition force" invading the US.
    Second was the bankruptcy of MGM that caused them to retool it with cheaper effects and post-production.
    Third was a total retool to North Korea being the enemy and having to digitally remove almost all references to China whatsoever - costing the studio even more money on a movie that's supposedly been in the can for over 2 years now.

Something tells me if this gets distributed at all - it's going to have NO marketing budget.
    That was one of the few movies i was looking forward to. Im sure now its never going to find its way to even a tv screen.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    That was one of the few movies i was looking forward to. Im sure now its never going to find its way to even a tv screen.
    Nah... give it until the end of the year and I'm sure either SyFy or SPIKE or one of them will buy the rights to show it as an exclusive.

Side-note: SyFy Channel = WORST MADE-FOR-TV STEAMING PILE MOVIES EVER... "Deadly fire-breathing spiders." OMFG, is this a JOKE?! Some retarded SyFy exec is actually approving million-dollar budgets for this load of horseshit, unbelievable. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post

I never really cared all that much about it, but semi-followed it out of curiosity.

Supposedly it's finally coming out this November--OR you can watch the original in HD on NetFlix RIGHT NOW (as in, log off, boot up NF, and watch it--NOW).

WOLVERINES*!!!

*It's actually a shit movie, but too much of my childhood was spent watching windows and waiting for parachutes to fall out of the sky so I could go piss in an old Chevy truck and hide in the hills for me not to re-watch it every 5-10yrs...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Side-note: SyFy Channel = WORST MADE-FOR-TV STEAMING PILE MOVIES EVER... "Deadly fire-breathing spiders." OMFG, is this a JOKE?! Some retarded SyFy exec is actually approving million-dollar budgets for this load of horseshit, unbelievable. *facepalm*

Jersey Shore shark attack would rock if sharks ate those fucking assholes from the JS cast...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson