Thread: Hayden and Ducati

Hayden and Ducati

If Hayden loses his ride ( which I never saw coming ) I will no longer be a fan of Rossi or Ducati. At all. It's crap.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Re: Hayden and Ducati

And if he does lose it I hope he does NOT go to a CRT but a satellite and smokes the factory Ducati's. He deserves to stay, give Rossi the boot. I no longer care where he goes or how close he is to achieving world greatness( to a higher and mind boggling level). Yes Rossi draws attention to himself wherever he goes but come on! He's a double edged sword

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

I was wondering whose ride was being offered to Cal . It all makes sense now. Cal is still not sure if he wants a red bike.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

http://superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jul/120707feat.htm

Check this out - it sums the whole thing up perfectly in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    http://superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jul/120707feat.htm

Check this out - it sums the whole thing up perfectly in my opinion.
    BINGO! As odd as it may sound, If Cal gets the spot, he may have the determination to turn it all around and ride around the issues. It would be tough, but man he has alot of determination and I wouldnt put it past him.Him and Nicky would be a good combination I think.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    BINGO! As odd as it may sound, If Cal gets the spot, he may have the determination to turn it all around and ride around the issues. It would be tough, but man he has alot of determination and I wouldnt put it past him.Him and Nicky would be a good combination I think.
    I doubt, as good as Cal is, he will be able to do what Rossi and Burgess couldn't. Stoner got lucky on the Ducati in the same way KRJ won the championship, thru perserverance and a bit of luck, nothing more.
    To turn that whole program over with a rider is wishful thinking.
    Your a fool if you belive otherwise.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

If Hayden loses his ride ( which I never saw coming ) I will no longer be a fan of Rossi or Ducati. At all. It's crap.
    That's funny, I thought you never were a fan of Rossi to begin with lol!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    I doubt, as good as Cal is, he will be able to do what Rossi and Burgess couldn't. Stoner got lucky on the Ducati in the same way KRJ won the championship, thru perserverance and a bit of luck, nothing more.
    So what your saying is if Rossi and his team cannot win on the Ducati...or get respectable results, no one else can..or just Cal? Personally I think Cal is hungry and determined enough that he would routinely finish in the same places as Rossi if not higher than Rossi almost every race. He is the underdog and looking for scraps in this series, and he will be willing to fight for every one. If he was not worth anything, there would not even be an offer from Ducati in the first place. With both him and Hayden on a team, and with the same offers on the table for them that the new owners are willing to make for Rossi, I believe they would have a pretty good shot at turning some great finishes and helping the program out in a positive manner.

The Black Night,

Yes I was a doctor fan and all into the Rossifumi and fan clubs and blah blah blah but over the last few seasons...less and less am I am fan of Rossi, and I will not be a fan of him/ducati if this playes out. I will be a fan of Cal's, watching him rip around on the Duc, and I will enjoy watching Valentino ride, but I will not be a fan of his anymore. Does that clear things up for you?

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I agree. Rossi and Burgess are a potent combination, and I believe Burgess helped Doohan win a few titles as well. Stoner and Ducati won the inaugural 800cc title because they, and they alone, got the fuel mapping right with the insanely limited fuel rules in MotoGP. They basically cut the fuel off entirely on closed throttle, so they could use more for acceleration, whereas the others were stuck in lean-mode the whole race. You can see how much more power the Duc made, easily running past even the Honda. The others figured it out, but too late.

I'm impressed with Cal, but he's no Rossi.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

So what your saying is if Rossi and his team cannot win on the Ducati...or get respectable results, no one else can..or just Cal? Personally I think Cal is hungry and determined enough that he would routinely finish in the same places as Rossi if not higher than Rossi almost every race. He is the underdog and looking for scraps in this series, and he will be willing to fight for every one. If he was not worth anything, there would not even be an offer from Ducati in the first place. With both him and Hayden on a team, and with the same offers on the table for them that the new owners are willing to make for Rossi, I believe they would have a pretty good shot at turning some great finishes and helping the program out in a positive manner.

The Black Night,

Yes I was a doctor fan and all into the Rossifumi and fan clubs and blah blah blah but over the last few seasons...less and less am I am fan of Rossi, and I will not be a fan of him/ducati if this playes out. I will be a fan of Cal's, watching him rip around on the Duc, and I will enjoy watching Valentino ride, but I will not be a fan of his anymore. Does that clear things up for you?
    Ibelive that the Duc is fundamentally flawed to the point of not being able to run up front for the whole race distance, ie not getting a top three. Yes a one here or there is possible, but is not the norm.
    The bike is not capable at the level that is required to win.
    Doesn't matter who rides it, it is not good enough. Sure someone might be willing to overide it's capabilities, but it will catch up and bite that rider more often than not, IMO.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Ibelive that the Duc is fundamentally flawed to the point of not being able to run up front for the whole race distance, ie not getting a top three. Yes a one here or there is possible, but is not the norm.
    The bike is not capable at the level that is required to win.
    Doesn't matter who rides it, it is not good enough. Sure someone might be willing to overide it's capabilities, but it will catch up and bite that rider more often than not, IMO.
    Like Schwantz on his days of over-riding the Suzuki.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Also Stoners days at Ducati. Talk smack all you ( people in general) want against him... But that guy has Serious talent (fan of his or not) that championship was won just like any other.If anyone thinks otherwise... I have no idea why
    Last edited by kawasakirob; Fri Jul 13th, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Yeah, I've always wondered how he would have done on the Honda or the Yamaha. But he had the perfect approach for the Suzuki, and it made for some of the most entertaining riding ever seen. I still think this is one of the most awesome passes ever (at about 0:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__nhOILc_SM
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Yeah, I've always wondered how he would have done on the Honda or the Yamaha. But he had the perfect approach for the Suzuki, and it made for some of the most entertaining riding ever seen. I still think this is one of the most awesome passes ever (at about 0:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__nhOILc_SM
    So did he not have other offers from different factories back then? He was with Suzuki for most...(all?) of his professional career wasn't he? Watching some races ( on tapes that my dad gives me) provides the same amount of satisfaction if not more than today's races. The most recent one I watched was the 1990 Phillip Island round with Doohan and Gardner going at it. Schwantz wiped out after putting in some serious laps to join the leaders. Great racing!

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

So did he not have other offers from different factories back then? He was with Suzuki for most...(all?) of his professional career wasn't he?
    Yeah, he was with Suzuki as a pro. I watched him in the fall of '84 at Road Atlanta in a WERA race. He was on a Yamaha FJ 600 (air cooled 4-stroke street bike) and was racing against guys on tricked out RZ 500's (powerful 2-strokes). He was at a serious disadvantage in power, handling, well, everything except his talent. My memory of it may be a little faded but I swear he had that thing sideways in the grass at times. They'd blow by him on the straights and he'd kill them in the corners. I remember thinking he'd either win or kill himself. He won. It was an amazing thing to watch, and it didn't take much in the way of predictive powers to know he was going to be riding at the world level in short order.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson