Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DirecTV to Drop 26 Viacom Channels at Midnight on Tuesday, July 10

Re: DirecTV to Drop 26 Viacom Channels at Midnight on Tuesday, July 10

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I've got a longer list to take it even further.
    Me too! You can nix ALL the Shopping, Christian, & Mexican channels for starters.

(no offense to housewives, Christians, or Mexicans)
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Again I'm only 10 days into direct & other than having speed now & the premium channels that are free for 3 mos. (I feel sick saying this) I should have just beat up Comcast & done an agreement w them.if they cancel the Viacom deal I will go back if com gives me a killer deal, even though it was never great at least it was consistant...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Me too! You can nix ALL the Shopping, Christian, & Mexican channels for starters.

(no offense to housewives, Christians, or Mexicans)
    Just a quick note, cancelling the shopping channels would INCREASE your bill. Those channels all pay DirecTV to be carried

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Again I'm only 10 days into direct & other than having speed now & the premium channels that are free for 3 mos. (I feel sick saying this) I should have just beat up Comcast & done an agreement w them.if they cancel the Viacom deal I will go back if com gives me a killer deal, even though it was never great at least it was consistant...
    I saw your other thread, and it definitely sounds like you have a dish pointing issue. Check your transponder signal strengths. If they aren't upper 80s into the 90s, you probably need to tweak the pointing a little.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

If shit goes down it won't be a problem any longer.

This is a big step for the consumer!! Finally a company stands up to the networks who are losing money hand over fist due to DVR's, and they want to pass their losses on to the provider, who will then pass it on to us.

I am behind DirecTV telling Viacom to shove it up their ass. Lose all your ad sources because 20 million people will no longer view your shit you call TV.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

The more I look at their channels the more I am glad I won't see it there anymore, though I don't hate the kid channels or CC. That said, all the jersey shore real world kardashian lame shit can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned, though other people in my household will lose their minds.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Looks like they are gone. I turned on Nick Jr and there is a multi-channel thing like the tennis coverage, where you can choose from the remaining kids channels.

How will I watch people take a shit while skateboarding without Tosh? Oh yeah, I can search the web myself and not have to hear his lame comments. Hmmm. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by BHeth View Post
    Looks like they are gone. I turned on Nick Jr and there is a multi-channel thing like the tennis coverage, where you can choose from the remaining kids channels.

How will I watch people take a shit while skateboarding without Tosh? Oh yeah, I can search the web myself and not have to hear his lame comments. Hmmm. Win.
    Yup, checked Comedy Central this morning too and got that same multi-channel thing. Tosh.O is one of my favorite shows so I am bummed and hope this gets worked out.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
    Sh*t, DirectTV CEO said that he only wants to pay Viacom for the channels that you watch... Hell, I only want to pay for the channels that I watch and not all the others... If it goes both way then hell ya.
    AGREED...

unfortunately it won't
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

The only thing I'll miss is ComedyCentral. I'm sure it'll be figured out shortly anyway.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Maybe all those kids watching nichelodian should get the fuck outside and play anyway
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

http://blogs.ajc.com/business-beat/2...-see-blackout/

Article brings up a good point. DirecTV should pro-rate the difference for everyday we are without these channels! You know they won't though, but at least it is trying to be worked out.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Agreement reached. DirecTV held their ground against Viacom idiots, settle on yearly fees of $600M + subsequent percent increases yearly for five years.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,6436026.story

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Yep, got an email this afternoon. I still missed 2 episodes of Snooki & Jwow!!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I still missed 2 episodes of Snooki & Jwow!!
    There's are only three things worthwhile on that show:

- Making incessant ridicule at JUST HOW FUCKING STUPID THOSE clowns are, and how bad of a scary-level-of-dumb Italian-guido stereotype they continue to promote. Besides Pauly-D & Vinny, they actually seems like pretty cool dudes with half a brain at least. The rest should shoot themselves.

- Bar fights, chick fights, drunk fights, etc.

- J-Woww's tits. A tad too big, but fun to watch in her never-ending parade of slutty-ass boob outfits.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri Jul 20th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Thank God my over the air HD won't be affected...LOL

While these two had been arguing, they most definitely sent some of their previous consumers to bitorrent lol.

It was resolved last week....

I wonder if Comcast will hold their ground too when its their turn !

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    While these two had been arguing, they most definitely sent some of their previous consumers to bitorrent lol.
    They all did that too me a few years ago....

A lot of TV shows free online. Downloading TV shows I don't see a big deal, it was okay to use your VHS tape back in the day to do it. *shrug*