Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (FOUND) Stolen 2012 KTM RC8R Black/Orange

(FOUND) Stolen 2012 KTM RC8R Black/Orange

Posting this for a friend off Centennial in the Springs. The bike is maybe a month old at best. Still had temp tags, poor guy... filing police report now.

Was stolen last night from:

Camelback Pointe Apartments
    3630 Rialto Hts
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    (719) 534-0054

Last edited by TransNone13; Sat Jul 14th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.

Re: Stolen 2012 KTM RC8R Black/Orange

dude, I swear it wasn't me

On a more serious note, mother fuck that sucks

What is going on in the Springs with these bike theft rings? Dayum!
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Yeah, I was letting him keep it in my garage and he elected not to for TWO DAYS and it's gone.

That is some major suckage right there. Sorry to hear about your friend's bike - way too damn many bikes getting stolen this year. I'll keep my eyes out.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

Thanks guys it's pretty rare. That and the only other RC's here are two other white ones that I've seen. It's also his first bike, so this is going to leave him bitter I'm sure.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sprtbkbabe View Post
    What is going on in the Springs with these bike theft rings? Dayum!
    As long as they don't speed when getting away with it, they probably don't have much to worry about.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Leaving that bike outside for a couple days is asking for it. Sucks but that's the way it is. Hope your buddy gets it back in one piece.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Leaving that bike outside for a couple days is asking for it. Sucks but that's the way it is. Hope your buddy gets it back in one piece.
    I know, I warned him . The bike has an immobilizer. Can you hot wire one of those? They certainly didn't have a key, me thinks they put it in a van. I'm wondering, because my bike has one too.

That bike will go down to Mexico for sure. Nobody is dumb enough to part that thing out or make it a track bike.

Might be for the good since it was his first bike? Monster of a bike for a beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    That bike will go down to Mexico for sure. Nobody is dumb enough to part that thing out or make it a track bike.
    This. There was a really custom tripple that got stolen last week. As soon as that went, I realized these guys are shipping them off. That's really bad news because it means that guys with rare bikes have to worry now too, anything is game.

I'll say it again, this is the worst string of bike thefts I've ever seen. It must be a MAJOR operation

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post

Might be for the good since it was his first bike? Monster of a bike for a beginner.
    That's what I think. /off topic And he's a good rider and over 200lbs, first STREET bike. It's about self-control and "the twist of the wrist". lol Tired of hearing that, I regret buying a 600 for my first bike.
    Last edited by TransNone13; Thu Jul 12th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Ouch. Tell your buddy to chalk it up to experience and hopefully he's able to replace it quickly and without too much hassle.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Damn, sorry to hear about another theft! Hope he had comprehensive and gap insurance. Effing thieves need to be strung up and beaten!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gonna post this up on facebook and hopefully catch these fucks

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    As long as they don't speed when getting away with it, they probably don't have much to worry about.
    LOL at this.

There are way too many scumbags criminals in the Springs. According to a news report, 37 evacuated homes and 28 abandoned vehicles were burglarized during the recent fires. What the hell is wrong with people?

http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...g-Springs-fire
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

And people think it's overboard to "SHOOT LOOTERS ON SIGHT"? I don't, especially in disaster recovery mode.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

damn that is bad. Hopefully he can get it replaced without coming out of pocket too much.

Since I've never seen one actually riding around anywhere, if I do, I will automatically assume its your buddy's and turn left in front of it.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    And people think it's overboard to "SHOOT LOOTERS ON SIGHT"? I don't, especially in disaster recovery mode.
    Frank, is that you?

You do realize that knee-jerk reactions like that are a recipe for idiocy and tragedy, right?

Maybe someone was just looking for a lost pet or bag of Skittles...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Frank, is that you?

You do realize that knee-jerk reactions like that are a recipe for idiocy and tragedy, right?

Maybe someone was just looking for a lost pet or bag of Skittles...
    With a 60 inch LCD tv in their hands...

Good news, the immobilizer did its job and they were not able to hot wire it. Idiots were only able to break the steering lock and dropped it on its side gently apparently. An older couple called it in today, was sitting outside their house for two days.

AWESOME! Glad to see it came back relatively unscathed, sans the ignition replacement. I might have to look into a nice alarm/immobilizer, just as extra defense. There is hope after all. Luckily most thieves are probably stupid enough to get caught. It's the smart ones that suck most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Frank, is that you? You do realize that knee-jerk reactions like that are a recipe for idiocy and tragedy, right? Maybe someone was just looking for a lost pet or bag of Skittles...
    Yes yes, of course. Having been online and active on several forums for 2+ decades, I pretty much have gotten comfortable (too comfortable?) enough, to say a lot of stuff assuming people will realize that I err on the side of common sense first and foremost. NOT actually believing that every alleged looter that might be possibly innocent, be shot on sight immediately, rather than actual "questioning and investigation", then arrest, etc.

Now, see how much I had to explain, rather than just assume people don't think I want cops to go on a shooting rampage willy-nilly? In your defense though, yes the general public can really be that stupid, ugh.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Sat Jul 14th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.