Thread: Pueblo: Motorcycle Thief Bites the Dust

Senior Member Moderator

Thumbs up Pueblo: Motorcycle Thief Bites the Dust

http://www.krdo.com/news/1-dead-in-P...z/-/index.html

One less bike thief to worry about. Apparently he was riding a silver, 2008 CBR that was stolen from the Springs. If you're on the forums and that was your bike, my condolences.

Re: Pueblo: Motorcycle Thief Bites the Dust

...karma...

Is this normal? I hadn't been following it, but so many people's bikes are getting lifted.
    Last edited by TransNone13; Tue Jul 17th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

No, this is not normal, there has been a spike in bike thefts the past few weeks. It really sounds like a pro bike theft ring is in town. Not just sportbikes are being targeted, a Nighthawk 250 was posted on Craigslist as being stolen

Like I said, I already posted someone TRYING to lift my friend's bike. I don't think they're pros, they left it because it had an immobilizer and wouldn't start after breaking the starter.

Are those two-way alarms worth it for a bike? I only have a disc brake lock (but typically don't use it to be honest)... The bike alarm systems are expensive and I'm fully insured so I wonder if it's worth it.

Getting a little jittery though with all this bike robbery happening and considering where my apartment is. :/
    2008 SV650N

Really the rotor locks buy you time and make it harder to roll off and work on it. BUT they can always throw it into a van.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96QM-lzLM8

Viola!

Best bet is lo-jack, around $700 installed.

From what I can tell frorm reading, heavy duty chain or u locks around the frame and an elevated point (prevent leverage for bolt cutters using the ground), is your best deterrent before trying to find it.

Here's another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WTOq...eature=related
    Last edited by TransNone13; Tue Jul 17th, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

If you go with an alarm/Lo-Jack type system, I'd hide a small battery elsewhere on the bike and connect it to that. If a pro bike thief is taking your bike, the first thing he's gonna do whenever he can is unhook the battery so that any alarm/GPS is rendered useless.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Like I said. Today we can use cell phones to turn on ac unit at our house. How about some one comes up with a device thats installed in a gas tank that we can activate from our cell phone and set these low lifes on fire !!!
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

That sucks for bike. But one less thief among us. 700 bucks for lo-jack installed. That is Grt piece of mind.

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    If you go with an alarm/Lo-Jack type system, I'd hide a small battery elsewhere on the bike and connect it to that. If a pro bike thief is taking your bike, the first thing he's gonna do whenever he can is unhook the battery so that any alarm/GPS is rendered useless.
    Lojack has it open backup power source I think

There's a special place in hell reserved for motorcycle thieves.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Yep, lojack even after cutting all power possible it retains power for up to 36hrs (from what I understand) thus why thieves are stealing them and leaving them till the window of time is past to be in the clear. Lojack is the best device, period. When my friend installed it, his contract stated that if they couldn't find the bike within 48 hrs and it was never found then they would give him $5,000 towards a new bike even with insurance paying off your loan or giving you book for the bike. They stand behind their product and they always improve the system to keep thieves guessing

Not sure if this is at all related to the same group of recent motorcycle thefts, but apparently bicycles are also a target. A coworker who had to evacuate the home during the recent fire had two bicycles chained and locked to the bike rack. They were stolen in Denver. Value approx $10K. Oreba street bicycles in case you see any on Craigslist....
    And keep an eye on valuable bicycles you own as well.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

We recovered my wifes Aprilia scooter yesterday that was stolen this past winter. It was @ the C. Springs police impound yard, ready to be auctioned. It seems the officer who tok the stolen scooter report didn't record the VIN # correctly, and it was never interred into th database for stolen vehicles. My buddy saw it going up for auction, my wife went down to the yard with all the paperwork, and she got it back. It's was wrecked both sides, and is cosmetically rough, but my buddy thinks the motor is OK.
    The method who was on it when he got arrested is now gonna face vehicular theft, as they didn't know it was hot at that time.
    So bit of payback is coming to that fuck stick.
    Now if they would give me a little one on one time in a closed room my life could close this chapter of this book.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

That's great Bashed!

Good to hear you guys got it back Bashed!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Quote Originally Posted by Samko View Post
    Like I said. Today we can use cell phones to turn on ac unit at our house. How about some one comes up with a device thats installed in a gas tank that we can activate from our cell phone and set these low lifes on fire !!!

Two words: Butt dialing

Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    There's a special place in a landfill reserved for motorcycle thieves.
    Doctored...
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"