Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Annual CSC BBQ - Saturday Aug. 4th - Sponsored by Performance Cycle and ABATE

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

2012 Annual CSC BBQ - Saturday Aug. 4th - Sponsored by Performance Cycle and ABATE

It's that time again...
    ... time for the Annual CSC BBQ!!

When: Saturday August 4th, starting around noon. Goes till we're done (things usually start winding down around 4)
    Where: Clement Park in Littleton *** we are at a different shelter this year so see the directions below for details
    What: The grill will be going with burgers, dogs, & brats; you're welcome to bring other meat to grill (more food/drink options below)
    Who: Family is welcome, and this is kid/dog friendly (pets and some kids must be leashed!)

This year's BBQ is made possible with help from
    Performance Cycle & ABATE of Colorado.

How Do I Get There?
    We are in shelter "H" this year, which is in the northeast corner of the park (click for map), near the intersection of Wadsworth and Pierce, about 1 mile east of Wadsworth and Bowles (enter the park through the entrance in front of the baseball diamonds and turn left, then park when you get to the parking lot).

What Can I Bring? How Can I Help?
    ABATE of Colorado & Performance Cycle have both stepped up to help supply hot-dogs, brats, burgers, buns, and some basic condiments (as well as plates, cups, cutlery, & napkins); I will also have some veggie burgers for those that don't eat meat. If you have something else you'd like us to grill, feel free to bring it! Beyond that we appreciate people bringing a side-dish, soda, dessert, or something else tasty to share. We've had some great smoked brisket, soups & salads in the past - keep it up! Post up and let us know what you're going to bring - we'll keep an updated list lower down in this post. If you decide to come at the last minute, you can call me (@ 720-608-8801) to see if we need anything.

I will also probably be getting a small keg of Killians.
    * Please drink responsibly, and DON'T drink & ride!

Food ideas:
    - Potato salad - ABATEStateCoord
    - Macaroni salad
    - Cole slaw
    - Chili
    - Green chili
    - BBQ baked beans (I do believe FZRGUY has standing dibs on this dish! ... Update: Yup, he does! )
    - Chips and/or dip - ~Barn~ - Couple bags of Lays + Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos + Maybe a bag or 2 of Lays.
    - Fruit salad
    - Vegetables & dip
    - Watermelon - DolphinRider & DemonRider
    - Pie
    - Cake
    - Cookies - ChangBang (maybe)
    - Soda/drinks
    - Water - DolphinRider & DemonRider (2 cases)
    - ??? (any suggestions?)

Other stuff we can use:
    - LARGE coolers
    - ice ice baby
    - EZ-up canopies
    - camp chairs
    - games (ie: volleyball net; football; frisbee; etc.)

How Do I Bring Food and Ride?
    If you're planning on riding to the picnic, obviously, you can either pack it in a backpack, or strap it to the back seat, but another option would be to pass it off to someone who is caging it. We'll start a list below of cagers who can take stuff there for people. If you do go this route, please don't expect them to pick it up from your house - you need to make arrangements to get it wherever it needs to be.

Who's Bringing What:
    This is a list of who is bringing what food/drink/etc:
    1. Spiderman - Burgers & veggie burgers, brats, hot-dogs, buns, condiments, plates, cups, napkins, utensils, etc. (I'll also have a few extra serving spoons), water (served from a 5 gal jug), ice, 1 large cooler (to hold ice & drinks)
    2. FZRGUY - 8 lbs. of jet fuel (AKA: BBQ Baked Beans)
    3. DolphinRider & DemonRider - Watermelon and 2-cases of bottled water
    4. ~Barn~ - have to figure out what we're bringing to eat. I'm sure I'll still take a football and mitts & a baseball
    5. mdub - mitt and a frisbee. Something to grill
    6. Heater - candy ....and the van with no windows that has "Free Puppies" painted on the side
    7. ~Barn~ - Couple bags of Lays + Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos + Maybe a bag or 2 of Lays
    8. UHATEIT - not sure what yet... Probably some bags of chips and a ranch dip or queso dip
    9. Jason ON - Umm....
    10. big53lee - FRUIT, & dip for Barn's chips
    11. ABATEStateCoord - potato salad and a beef brisket
    12. ChangBang - I'll try to bring some cookies if I'm able to make it.
    13. sprtbkbabe - cupcakes
    [YOU] - What can you bring?

Who is Caging It and Transporting Food for People?
    This will help those of you on bikes arrange a cage to get your soup, chili, or whatever to the picnic. If you can volunteer please post up, but include your general location! Expect some people to PM you asking for your services. If you need food brought for you, PM one of these people.

1. FZRGUY (Lakewood)
    2. DolphinRider & DemonRider (Thornton)
    3. ~Barn~ (greater DTC)
    ?. Who else can help?

SEE YOU THERE!!
    Last edited by Spiderman; Fri Aug 3rd, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: 2012 Annual CSC BBQ - Saturday Aug. 4th - Sponsored by Performance Cycle and ABAT

Yup, usual 8 lbs. of jet fuel. I'll be truckin' from Lakewood if anyone needs food/drink transpo from that locale.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Re: 2012 Annual CSC BBQ - Saturday Aug. 4th - Sponsored by Performance Cycle and ABAT

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    those that don't eat meat.
    Can bring a celery stick and shove it. This is a BBQ folks. Burgers (made from a cow), Brats and Baked Beans!

Thank you to Performance and Abate for supporting us. BTW, Performance kicks ass, havent had a bad experience there yet. Always helpful, always knowledgeable, always priced right. Good on you.

Wish I could make it but I work Saturdays.
    On the bright side at least I have a job.
    Last edited by Cornfed; Thu Jul 19th, 2012 at 05:08 AM.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

attended this event year before last. Super fun and lots a pleasure to meet new faces.

Unable to attend again this year but thank you to ABATE and Performance Cycle
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Nikki (DolphinRider) will be caging from Thornton Area and is available to assist in getting things to the park if needed just PM her or myself, we will also bring Waters and Watermelon.

THANK YOU to Performance Cycle, and Abate for the support
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'm sure I'll be there, just have to figure out what we're bringing to eat. I'm sure I'll still take a football and mitts & a baseball, like usual.

See ya'll there!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Cool. ...I will bring my mitt and a frisbee. Something to grill...

I'll bring my appetite.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

aka: Whomp stick

Hey look I'm on here!!! Trippy man, what a weird place...I'm going!

Blue Star Blues Festival going on at clement same day. Tab Benoit and Austin Young. Should make for a great day.

I know how to spell it, I just forgot the other "h". Heater's Avatar

We'll bring the candy ....and the van with no windows that has "Free Puppies" painted on the side.....
    Go big or go home

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Bump! Reminder, this is taking place this Saturday, folks!
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

I'm caging it with wife and kidos from DTC. we can bring chips and dips. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Heater, i LOVE candy. lol

Barn.....can the 5 of us catch a ride? lol jk

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

Bump it!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Has anyone attended the festival that's going on there the same day? Wondering if we are going to have parking issues because of it.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

didnt we do the bbq on a sunday last time oi i work sat's cant make it
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Yes, alternate Sunday/Saturday each year.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

i say we RE alternate it to Sunday
    =P

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    i say we RE alternate it to Sunday
    =P
    How about swapping your shift?
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

they already said No dice

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

I will bring something, not sure what yet but I will post up shortly when I figure it out. Probably some bags of chips and a ranch dip or queso dip (got to figure out how to transport that to the park tho)

I'll have to figure out something to bring. Umm....
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

If post #1 is still accurate, there are plenty of ideas of items that will be needed. Since I've been pretty wishy-washy to this point, go ahead an put me down for "chips", W.B.

- Couple bags of Lays.
    - Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos.
    - Maybe a bag or 2 of Lays.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Oh yeah... If you want to ride to the BBQ from the greater DTC area, but need items transported, hit me up. It'll be up to you to bring me the stuff beforehand, but I'm happy to take whatever over in the 'Burban. I basically live at Arapahoe and Potomac.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson