Thread: 2012 Annual CSC BBQ - Saturday Aug. 4th - Sponsored by Performance Cycle and ABATE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

2012 Annual CSC BBQ - Saturday Aug. 4th - Sponsored by Performance Cycle and ABATE

It's that time again...
    ... time for the Annual CSC BBQ!!

When: Saturday August 4th, starting around noon. Goes till we're done (things usually start winding down around 4)
    Where: Clement Park in Littleton *** we are at a different shelter this year so see the directions below for details
    What: The grill will be going with burgers, dogs, & brats; you're welcome to bring other meat to grill (more food/drink options below)
    Who: Family is welcome, and this is kid/dog friendly (pets and some kids must be leashed!)

This year's BBQ is made possible with help from
    Performance Cycle & ABATE of Colorado.

How Do I Get There?
    We are in shelter "H" this year, which is in the northeast corner of the park (click for map), near the intersection of Wadsworth and Pierce, about 1 mile east of Wadsworth and Bowles (enter the park through the entrance in front of the baseball diamonds and turn left, then park when you get to the parking lot).

What Can I Bring? How Can I Help?
    ABATE of Colorado & Performance Cycle have both stepped up to help supply hot-dogs, brats, burgers, buns, and some basic condiments (as well as plates, cups, cutlery, & napkins); I will also have some veggie burgers for those that don't eat meat. If you have something else you'd like us to grill, feel free to bring it! Beyond that we appreciate people bringing a side-dish, soda, dessert, or something else tasty to share. We've had some great smoked brisket, soups & salads in the past - keep it up! Post up and let us know what you're going to bring - we'll keep an updated list lower down in this post. If you decide to come at the last minute, you can call me (@ 720-608-8801) to see if we need anything.

I will also probably be getting a small keg of Killians.
    * Please drink responsibly, and DON'T drink & ride!

Food ideas:
    - Potato salad - ABATEStateCoord
    - Macaroni salad
    - Cole slaw
    - Chili
    - Green chili
    - BBQ baked beans (I do believe FZRGUY has standing dibs on this dish! ... Update: Yup, he does! )
    - Chips and/or dip - ~Barn~ - Couple bags of Lays + Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos + Maybe a bag or 2 of Lays.
    - Fruit salad
    - Vegetables & dip
    - Watermelon - DolphinRider & DemonRider
    - Pie
    - Cake
    - Cookies - ChangBang (maybe)
    - Soda/drinks
    - Water - DolphinRider & DemonRider (2 cases)
    - ??? (any suggestions?)

Other stuff we can use:
    - LARGE coolers
    - ice ice baby
    - EZ-up canopies
    - camp chairs
    - games (ie: volleyball net; football; frisbee; etc.)

How Do I Bring Food and Ride?
    If you're planning on riding to the picnic, obviously, you can either pack it in a backpack, or strap it to the back seat, but another option would be to pass it off to someone who is caging it. We'll start a list below of cagers who can take stuff there for people. If you do go this route, please don't expect them to pick it up from your house - you need to make arrangements to get it wherever it needs to be.

Who's Bringing What:
    This is a list of who is bringing what food/drink/etc:
    1. Spiderman - Burgers & veggie burgers, brats, hot-dogs, buns, condiments, plates, cups, napkins, utensils, etc. (I'll also have a few extra serving spoons), water (served from a 5 gal jug), ice, 1 large cooler (to hold ice & drinks)
    2. FZRGUY - 8 lbs. of jet fuel (AKA: BBQ Baked Beans)
    3. DolphinRider & DemonRider - Watermelon and 2-cases of bottled water
    4. ~Barn~ - have to figure out what we're bringing to eat. I'm sure I'll still take a football and mitts & a baseball
    5. mdub - mitt and a frisbee. Something to grill
    6. Heater - candy ....and the van with no windows that has "Free Puppies" painted on the side
    7. ~Barn~ - Couple bags of Lays + Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos + Maybe a bag or 2 of Lays
    8. UHATEIT - not sure what yet... Probably some bags of chips and a ranch dip or queso dip
    9. Jason ON - Umm....
    10. big53lee - FRUIT, & dip for Barn's chips
    11. ABATEStateCoord - potato salad and a beef brisket
    12. ChangBang - I'll try to bring some cookies if I'm able to make it.
    13. sprtbkbabe - cupcakes
    [YOU] - What can you bring?

Who is Caging It and Transporting Food for People?
    This will help those of you on bikes arrange a cage to get your soup, chili, or whatever to the picnic. If you can volunteer please post up, but include your general location! Expect some people to PM you asking for your services. If you need food brought for you, PM one of these people.

1. FZRGUY (Lakewood)
    2. DolphinRider & DemonRider (Thornton)
    3. ~Barn~ (greater DTC)
    ?. Who else can help?

SEE YOU THERE!!
    Last edited by Spiderman; Fri Aug 3rd, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.