Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting in Aurora, CO

Re: Mass Shooting in Aurora, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So, CCW didn't and wouldn't have helped, unless CCW holders want to violate laws and/or violate the rights/wishes of private businesses or public institutions.

Which means that arguing on and on about how CCW would have saved the day-in theory-is completely moot.

However, the argument against high-capacity & quick-release mags seems strengthened by these and other mass-shootings (VA Tech, etc.) since those mags directly led to the shooter's ability to kill and wound numerous people in extremely rapid succession...

A CA-style AR with it's 10-round capacity and it's pin/bullet-point release mechanism would certainly have been slower than a 60-round (supposedly) magazine...
    Laws only affect the law abiding. The Columbine shooters used no magazine larger than 10 rounds, yet one of them was determined to have fired 96 rounds. Short of the .gov going house to house and confiscating all of the estimated 750 MILLION so-called high capacity magazines in current circulation, new legislation banning them will only affect those that care about obeying the law in the first place. Criminals will continue to commit crimes, as they have since time immemorial. Had the theater shooter chosen to run over the line outside the theater in an SUV with a 20 gallon gas tank, would anyone be campaigning to limit fuel tanks to less than 10 gallons?
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

VA tech shooter used a walther p22 (22 caliber 10 round magazine) and a glock 19 9mm. I guess he could of had a 33 round mag in the g19 but I have not read that.

A motivated person could do as much with a car or truck after the end of any major sporting event, just put it in drive and start driving through people.
    Let's ban everything, box cutters too!
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Interesting how the conversation went from a gun owner purposely violently property rights to the banning of anything potentially dangerous. This is why these conversations go on forever.

MRA Racer No.427

Just everything dangerous, remember lawn darts?

A motivated person could do as much with a car or truck after the end of any major sporting event, just put it in drive and start driving through people.
    Let's ban everything, box cutters
    The obvious dodge in this argument is that firearms are designed solely for the purpose of killing, period.

Killing their sole intended use, by design.

Anyone can use a tool, car, fuel, etc to kill others, but those are instances of misuse of the object outside of its intended purpose...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

That's one way to look at it. On the other hand none of the firearms I own have killed anyone or any living thing for that matter. Bad people will do whatever they want with whatever tools they have at hand.

Formerly known as "redrider" Monster's Avatar

I didn't know you can't carry in a theater. I thought as long as you open carry you can carry anywhere except a school, bank, or government building.
    Honda 95 f3-sold
    Honda 01 f4i-sold
    Honda 01-f4i-sold
    Suzuki-02 GSXR 1000 sold
    Kawasaki 08 zx6r Monster edition Sold
    VTX 1800
    05 CBR 600
    03 CBR 954
    05 ninja 636

Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini
    87' VFR700...the daily ride

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    I didn't know you can't carry in a theater. I thought as long as you open carry you can carry anywhere except a school, bank, or government building.
    The theater in question has a "No Weapons" policy. This is not law. If a CCW is found to be armed, they can be asked to leave. If they do so, there is no legal penalty. If they refuse to leave, they can be cited with Trespassing in the 3rd Degree (a misdemeanor). Open carry is allowed in most areas of the state with a few exceptions. State law governing concealed carry is superior to ALL municipal statutes in regard to authority, and allows a permittee to carry in all areas of the state, except those barred by federal law, K-12 schools, and government buildings that meet a very specific set of requirements regarding security, as outlined in CRS 18-12-214:

Quote Originally Posted by COLORADO REVISED STATUTES
    *** THIS DOCUMENT REFLECTS CHANGES CURRENT THROUGH ALL LAWS PASSED AT THE FIRST REGULAR SESSION OF THE 68TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF COLORADO ***

TITLE 18. CRIMINAL CODE
    ARTICLE 12. OFFENSES RELATING TO FIREARMS AND WEAPONS
    PART 2. PERMITS TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUNS

C.R.S. 18-12-214 (2011)

18-12-214. Authority granted by permit - carrying restrictions

(1) (a) A permit to carry a concealed handgun authorizes the permittee to carry a concealed handgun in all areas of the state, except as specifically limited in this section. A permit does not authorize the permittee to use a handgun in a manner that would violate a provision of state law. A local government does not have authority to adopt or enforce an ordinance or resolution that would conflict with any provision of this part 2.

(b) A peace officer may temporarily disarm a permittee, incident to a lawful stop of the permittee. The peace officer shall return the handgun to the permittee prior to discharging the permittee from the scene.

(2) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.

(3) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun onto the real property, or into any improvements erected thereon, of a public elementary, middle, junior high, or high school; except that:

(a) A permittee may have a handgun on the real property of the public school so long as the handgun remains in his or her vehicle and, if the permittee is not in the vehicle, the handgun is in a compartment within the vehicle and the vehicle is locked;

(b) A permittee who is employed or retained by contract by a school district as a school security officer may carry a concealed handgun onto the real property, or into any improvement erected thereon, of a public elementary, middle, junior high, or high school while the permittee is on duty;

(c) A permittee may carry a concealed handgun on undeveloped real property owned by a school district that is used for hunting or other shooting sports.

(4) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a public building at which:

(a) Security personnel and electronic weapons screening devices are permanently in place at each entrance to the building;

(b) Security personnel electronically screen each person who enters the building to determine whether the person is carrying a weapon of any kind; and

(c) Security personnel require each person who is carrying a weapon of any kind to leave the weapon in possession of security personnel while the person is in the building.

(5) Nothing in this part 2 shall be construed to limit, restrict, or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of a private property owner, private tenant, private employer, or private business entity.

(6) The provisions of this section apply to temporary emergency permits issued pursuant to section 18-12-209.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by maktastik_jr. View Post
    Interesting. Prosecution trying to cover all the bases:

But upon reading the criminal complaint, each of the two charges per victim is different. For each person killed or wounded, one charge denotes premeditation “with the intent to cause the death,” while the other reads that Holmes, a former neurology student, had “an attitude of universal malice” and an “extreme indifference to human life,” which “created a grave risk of death.” So why both charges for one crime committed toward one victim? Because prosecutors, who will turn every stone to get a conviction for such a heinous crime, want to give jurors two ways of looking at just how guilty they think Holmes is.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

yep. they want this douchebag to rot
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini

Quote Originally Posted by maktastik_jr. View Post
    yep. they want this douchebag to rot
    I'm still hoping he dies in prison, hopefully before the long and inevitably expensive trial...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Havent read past the first page and dont intend to. I assume its 17 pages of debate on death penalty and gun control.

That sums up my position.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Havent read past the first page and dont intend to. I assume its 17 pages of debate on death penalty and gun control.

That sums up my position.
    God bless america! we need one of those in our shop. we have guys come in all the time packin. we sure as hell dont bother them either. could save our ass one day.
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    The theater in question has a "No Weapons" policy. This is not law. If a CCW is found to be armed, they can be asked to leave. If they do so, there is no legal penalty. If they refuse to leave, they can be cited with Trespassing in the 3rd Degree (a misdemeanor). Open carry is allowed in most areas of the state with a few exceptions. State law governing concealed carry is superior to ALL municipal statutes in regard to authority, and allows a permittee to carry in all areas of the state, except those barred by federal law, K-12 schools, and government buildings that meet a very specific set of requirements regarding security, as outlined in CRS 18-12-214:
    Exactly, and more so to the C.R.S. you posted. Which is why I answered Snowman with a very simple "Nope". Because I don't care what some business owner puts on their door. Honestly, I won't frequent an establishment that has it on their door and refuse to give them business. However, going to the movies for me is a very big "once in a great while" so even if it is listed on the door, I'll still carry inside because that's the whole point behind "Concealed Carry". It's concealed and what people don't know, won't hurt them.

It should be noted as well Snowman, that the particular theater I went too showing the new Batman flick, didn't have it posted on their doors. But then again, I don't go out of my way to look for these kinds of "NO Firearms" signs either. Yeah if I come across one, I'll take note, but I really don't waste my time and effort asking employees if it's a "Carry Friendly" establishment or to see a sign.

If someone finds out that I am "carrying" and asks me to leave. I'll politely get up and leave. I'll make no bones about it.

There are also ways around the "No Firearm" signs as well. For instance, the Citadel Mall, has them on their main Mall Entrance doors(or at least they did last time I was there, it's been a few years). But you can still enter through one of the major chain department stores(JC Penny, Dillards, etc.) whom do not display the signs. So if by chance I had to go to that dump of a Mall, I'd always access it through Dillard's or Penny's. Then if I'm found out to be having one, and asked to leave or asked why I didn't see the signs. I'll just refer to the fact that I came in through one of the major department store entrances(Honest mistake really, wink wink...)

P.S.
    and in reference to the "being Paranoid" thing. The only place I don't/can't carry is my Work. Other than that, if I'm outside of work. I'm armed at all times. And you can ask me what I'm afraid of, and I'll still tell you, "not a f*ckin thing..."
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Mon Jul 30th, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Not all of today's teens are complete self-centered retards. There's hope yet!...

http://www.9news.com/news/article/28...theater-gunman
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036612_Batman_massacre_covert_op.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/036661_scopolamine_mind_control_drug.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/036608_Batman_gas_mask_citizen_journalism.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/036599_gun_control_prescription_drugs_deaths.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/036537_James_Holmes_Batman_shooting.html

james holmes didnt shoot anyone, hes wasnt even in the theatre. If anyone wants to demonize me for looking at facts not presented (in fact ignored) by the mainstream media (which are all owned by the same people) with an open mind, i honestly could care less what you think, and I hope i piss you off enough you waste your time writing in response.

All you have to do is google this exact phrase "admitted government false flag".

oops guess I ignored lifes new golden rule... DONT ASK QUESTIONs
    05' SV1000S-CF

Im too tall for this shit...

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I cannot wait to see where this goes now.....

Hmm.... What will be funny is to now watch people talk about what they "know" about something they really know nothing about. It is funny to me how much people believe about things based on the different news outlets. Its even more funny how fast people paint pictures of what they think happened.

Carry on people that dont know what happened but that know what happened
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Gold Member

Yup this is going just as i thought it would.

Btw co is very safe. Stop crying about gun control. It will never happen. Also this whole government conspiracy thing......... hahaha your back must really hurt bro. Thats a hell of a load to shovel.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Was aliens bro, thought you knew.

What I'd like to know is where this fucker was on June 23rd. They still suspect arson regarding the Waldo Fire, and this little fooker wants to kill everyone. I'd sure like to know.