Thread: Positive Review of Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires

Positive Review of Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires

For whatever it is worth, I have found these tires to work delightfully well on my bike. The last set I bought was a Michelin Power Pure set, which turned in much more abruptly when new than do the Diablo Rosso Corsa tires I just mounted.

Supposedly the rear tire has 3 different bands of rubber on it, becoming increasingly sticky or soft as one approaches the edges of traction. When I initially inspected the tire, I was pretty sure I could discern faint lines on the surface where these bands are found. After riding for a little bit, I no longer see evidence of any sort of separate rubber strips.

Subjectively, I would report that turn in is quick, but not as abrupt as it was on the Michelins. Braking is just dandy with no perceptible squirm as I sometimes felt on the Power Pure tires. Freeway grooves are likewise not as pronounced, although if I increased air pressure with the Michelin the grooves were hardly discernible.

I haven't attempted to edge the tires yet, having only ridden on the slab and surface street. I will say that the butt sensors suggest that the ride is a bit more civilized, and maybe a bit more composed.

So, for my uses, my initial impressions of this tire are positive.

Edited to add: I purchased these tires at Performance Cycle on Evans and Broadway. The wonderful folks at that merchant made my buying experience wonderful, and they mounted and balanced the tires while I waited for $20 apiece. They actually mounted these tires correctly, as they are marked for where the valve stem should line up to assure fewer balance weights than did the local merchant who mounted my Michelins. This merchant makes waiting in that gawdawful traffic on Broadway due to construction worth it.
    Last edited by stubbicatt; Sat Jul 21st, 2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Afterthought, plug for local merchant.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Positive Review of Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires

Glad you like 'em bro, and I too have nothing but positive things to say about Performance Cycle. I bought 2 sets of tires from them (and other stuff), and had 3 mounted, their prices are equal to any of the online shops, and they're great peeps, especially Paul, the guy that's helped me several times.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Yep. It was your recommendation that took me to these folks. They really are super.

Thanks Frank.

Riding this weekend?

Update. Not so swell. This weekend went down to Deckers, had the rear step out a couple of times under very moderate throttle. Still have 3/4" chicken strips so not like I was leaned way over either. Will experiment with tire pressure to see whether that helps at all. If this continues may increase traction control intervention.