Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: SuperStreet Aug. 25 @ HPR - Who is signing up?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Re: SuperStreet Aug. 25 @ HPR - Who is signing up?

I'm down for the lapping day on Friday, then SS on Saturday Should be a great time! Whoot!!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

I'm going to see if I can get a pass so I can do the lapping day. I doubt it though .

Quote Originally Posted by ChangBang View Post
    Any ideas for transportation from the Denver area? I can definitely pay for the ride. Otherwise I was thinking to try to borrow a friend's' car that has a trailer hitch and renting a uhaul motorcycle trailer?

Transportation is definitely the only thing holding me back from registering.
    If you have a ramp or two and tie downs and pay for gas you're welcome to use my truck since I'll most likely be making it out there anyways for corner work. Only thing is we have to get going way early cause corner workers check in at 6:30 am sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I probly wont race super crash again. but i might try to ride the lappibg day on that friday(assuming there is one). still tryin to get some seat time with rybo
    You should probably do one more man, that way you can licence up when it comes to that
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    You should probably do one more man, that way you can licence up when it comes to that
    So is the following correct:

If I do my second super street and get my license, It will only be good through the end of the year. At the start of next season, I will need to pay to renew no matter what. So getting the license this late in the season is kinda pointless.

That's the assumption I've been going on, but I'd love for that to be wrong.

The license is $150 I think at this point and you are correct IIRC.

Yes to get a race license is now $150.00.

There is a MRA general meeting at the Walnut Room this Wednesday starting at 7:00pm. All racers including potential super street racers are welcome.

http://www.facebook.com/events/182809741852209/

You can learn more about racing, and meet other racers. Talk with the board members about what you might need to get into Super Street. We can help, just ask what you need and we will find a way. I know the transportation issue can be figured out. (plus the Walnut Room has really good pizza.)
    Last edited by Snowman; Sat Aug 4th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

If you do one of the last 2 SS you will eligible for next years licence at the beginning of the year and not miss a race if you plan on chasing points. You might be able to get a day license for the last round for $50 and it is double points so that would get you gridded up higher for the first race next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    You were right, that guy swung out, tried shutting the door, and honestly crashed himself. Maybe I'm wrong... Good vid though.
    Actually, that's a pretty good race line through t11 to get a good drive up the hill and carry speed through t12... usually. Unless someone is trying to pass on the inside. I didn't see that bike until we made contact. But typically, if you are the one trying to make the pass, you are also the one who needs to back off and not try to force the pass if the door shuts. The problem with Superstreet is that most riders are overeager to pass, and typically won't follow another rider to study their lines and set up the pass (e.g. passing on the brakes), not to mention that the rider being passed cannot see the guy trying to make the pass. But this class is for everyone to learn and improve, which comes with more track time. I'm glad that I wasn't hurt, and thanks to those around me for not running me over! See you guys for round 6

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't even notice him last time. That's pretty cool, hope he makes a perfect record and is sorted by the next SS .
    Round 4 SuperStreet (PMP)
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat. If you think you don't need a helmet, then you probably don't.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=47616

Please read the above thread for important information

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxxerjunkie View Post
    Actually, that's a pretty good race line through t11 to get a good drive up the hill and carry speed through t12... usually. Unless someone is trying to pass on the inside. I didn't see that bike until we made contact. But typically, if you are the one trying to make the pass, you are also the one who needs to back off and not try to force the pass if the door shuts.
    Actually, it is not a particularly good line. This is a common passing area because people expect the rider to stay to the left. Check out the line on this video from an instructor from STAR MC school.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfTnZGptSk
    When you drift back across to the right you go off the common line and since you hit the back of his bike he had already passed you, and the reason you went down and he didn't.
    On track days following a person and studying their lines and passing in a courteous fashion is the rule. In racing it doesn't work that way very often. There is a lot of close passing and generally if you get in front it forces the following bike to pull up. It is something that takes awhile to get used to but people use your survival instinct against you.
    Here is my Endurance race from earlier that day, you can see the line I am talking about as I chase Ray-Ray.
    http://youtu.be/3xfb9PSRYC8

Being an a lower HP bike (SV650) we have to make some aggressive passes on the 600's we catch from the middleweight grid, I try and make them as safely as possible but the more I follow them the further the guys in front get away so I can't always wait if I want to stay in the race.

Good luck out there!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Actually, it is not a particularly good line. This is a common passing area because people expect the rider to stay to the left. Check out the line on this video from an instructor from STAR MC school.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfTnZGptSk
    When you drift back across to the right you go off the common line and since you hit the back of his bike he had already passed you, and the reason you went down and he didn't.
    On track days following a person and studying their lines and passing in a courteous fashion is the rule. In racing it doesn't work that way very often. There is a lot of close passing and generally if you get in front it forces the following bike to pull up. It is something that takes awhile to get used to but people use your survival instinct against you.
    Here is my Endurance race from earlier that day, you can see the line I am talking about as I chase Ray-Ray.
    http://youtu.be/3xfb9PSRYC8

Being an a lower HP bike (SV650) we have to make some aggressive passes on the 600's we catch from the middleweight grid, I try and make them as safely as possible but the more I follow them the further the guys in front get away so I can't always wait if I want to stay in the race.

Good luck out there!

Good info!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

What Bueller said! Now get off his lawn!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Good info!
    Are you signing up this time?
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxxerjunkie View Post
    Actually, that's a pretty good race line through t11 to get a good drive up the hill and carry speed through t12... usually. Unless someone is trying to pass on the inside. I didn't see that bike until we made contact. But typically, if you are the one trying to make the pass, you are also the one who needs to back off and not try to force the pass if the door shuts. The problem with Superstreet is that most riders are overeager to pass, and typically won't follow another rider to study their lines and set up the pass (e.g. passing on the brakes), not to mention that the rider being passed cannot see the guy trying to make the pass. But this class is for everyone to learn and improve, which comes with more track time. I'm glad that I wasn't hurt, and thanks to those around me for not running me over! See you guys for round 6

The problem here is that you apex the turn too early forcing you a bit wide on the exit. If I had been in the following riders boots I would have made the same move he did and executed the pass. Because you're wide at the exit of T11 you end up having to make a bit of a dramatic move across the track to set up for T12. This is what causes the trouble. A later apex at T11 will automatically set up the entry to T12 and not allow the opportunity for a pass to take place.

Glad you're OK and that we get to see you at Round 6!

Scott

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Are you signing up this time?
    If there is still a spot open by next weekend i will sign up and run with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    If there is still a spot open by next weekend i will sign up and run with you guys.
    From what I understand, Super Street registration will stay open up to the point they have 26 riders. So if can get in to registration there is a spot for you.

MRA Racer No.427

I think superstreet classroom should spend a minute on safe passing. I saw a lot of very aggressive and one or 2 very DUMB moves while I was out there. Simply because, they didn't know any better and they wanted to get around the guy. I'm glad I kept my passing to certain zones because there's a few times where I could have gone for it and gotten taken out big time.

I was still able to get a few saucy passes in and enjoy myself though

I think superstreet classroom should spend a minute on safe passing. I saw a lot of very aggressive and one or 2 very DUMB moves while I was out there. Simply because, they didn't know any better and they wanted to get around the guy. I'm glad I kept my passing to certain zones because there's a few times where I could have gone for it and gotten taken out big time.

Lets get your whole race video man

Site Admin

Joe -

Please post this same thought in the MRA forums for Jeff Brown to see (or email him directly). There are not many of us that hang out in both places, so it's unlikely that it will get seen and discussed here.

Thanks

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Joe -

Please post this same thought in the MRA forums for Jeff Brown to see (or email him directly). There are not many of us that hang out in both places, so it's unlikely that it will get seen and discussed here.

Thanks

Scott
    will do. I loved his classroom talk already

Lets get your whole race video man
    I keep meaning to so that one guy can see how i was following him. Ill do it after work today

Finally got my video up from last SuperStreet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZsLmK4-He0

One other thing that hasn't been mentioned yet (for the 25th) is that it will be the north course. So no turns 5,6,7,8.

All signed up! Going for lap day on the 24th for some practice hehe