Thread: Recommended Dyno Tune Shop, QuickCycles

Recommended Dyno Tune Shop, QuickCycles

I wanted to share with everyone the great experience I had with with Mike Lucaky at http://quikcycles.com/

I have been dealing with a back fire issue, and I have thought it was down on mid range power since I bought the bike. I was referred to Mike by another rider and so I gave him a call. I called Mike and talked to him, as well as a couple of other guys/shops about doing a dynotune. I decided to go with Mike because, like a well respected suspension guy we all know, he asked alot of questions about what I wanted rather than telling me what he would do. I explained to him that I dont drag race or stunt but hit the canyons every weekend and do track days whenever I can. I told him peak horsepower is not nearly as important to me as a great midrange and smooth delivery for driving out of corners. Of course, he already knew this.
    He also took the time to explain to me the pros and cons of different tuners, PC3, PCV, Bazzaz, Yosh EMS, as well as some others I hadn't heard of. He then explained to me that with Suzuki, he has the ability to build a map and upload it directly to the ECU thereby making the programmers unnecessary. This makes it cheaper for me since I dont have to buy an additional tuner. It also makes for a better performing bike because the ECU allows for more finite tuning than any of the aftermarket tuners, and it eliminates any throttle lag and hiccups from piggyback programmers. So thats what I chose to do, have the ECU flashed.
    I dropped the bike of on Tuesday and he had it ready by the weekend. When I picked it up Mike took the time to answer my questions and show me the changes he had made in the fuel and timing maps. Ill spare you the rest of the details and cut to the numbers.

Gained two hp peak which doesnt mean much to me, but.......
    Gained an unbelievable 10-12hp from 4000RPM to 10,000RPM!
    And the power delivery is extremely linear, pulls hard and without surging or falling off all the way to redline.

So....... QuikCycles, good.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Re: Recommended Dyno Tune Shop, QuickCycles

cool - what type of year and bike do you have(assuming suzuki)? what type of bikes do they do (asian? italian? british? german? american?). I want to get my aprilia on a dyno and simply see how it's doing and see if there is any room for improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
    cool - what type of year and bike do you have(assuming suzuki)? what type of bikes do they do (asian? italian? british? german? american?). I want to get my aprilia on a dyno and simply see how it's doing and see if there is any room for improvement?
    When I picked mine up there was a new ZX10R on the dyno, and a custom HD, a turbo Busa, and half a dozen other bikes that he was tuning this week sitting in his shop. I didnt ask him if there was any bikes he couldn't do but I assume its a matter of plugging in to the progammer, spinning the dyno and making corrections to A/F accordingly.

Just realized I put this in the wrong area. Mods, please move this to shop experiences.

That's awesome dude, incredible what a proper tune can do!

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the tune on your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by tstevens View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how much was the tune on your bike?
    No problem, I worked him a little and he gave me the "racer discount". Ended up being $200 cash. Every bike is going to be different depending on how much work/hrs he has to put in to get it right though.
    What was cool for me was that he didnt download a map from Dynojet and load it to my bike and charge me $200. I could have done that myself, in theory. He did a dyno run, analyzed the results, made a bunch of changes to the map to correct rich and lean areas and repeated until he was happy with it.
    Again, 10-12hp gain through the mid range!
    Last edited by Cornfed; Wed Jul 25th, 2012 at 06:25 AM.