Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Obama Can Kiss My Ass"

Re: "Obama Can Kiss My Ass"

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    If you make less than 50,000 per year and have a couple kids, you most likely (unless you are an idiot), pay ZERO taxes.
    How so? Besides mortgage interest. What deductions? Like when you have foster kids which give a very large deduction.

$50k/yr salary means you're in the 25% Federal income tax bracket. So roughly $12.5k goes to Fed., if you have no deductions, standard deduction is ~$6k. How much deduction do you get for each kid? $2k for two kids?

Please elaborate...
    Last edited by Ghosty; Thu Aug 2nd, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I bet god rides a unicorn down to Chick-Fil-A everyday to get a tasty chicken sandwich.
    Unless God's gay, then he can't get chicken...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'd boycott ChickFil'A for this reason alone, nothing to do with gay marriage. These two douche-tards eat there:

'08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I was referring to married jointly with 50k income. 12.5 tax liability. 11.9 standard deduction with 1k per kid.

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    I was referring to married jointly with 50k income. 12.5 tax liability. 11.9 standard deduction with 1k per kid.
    Ah, ok. But don't they still have to pay (25% or whatever) taxes on ~35k? (after reducing their income by those deductions listed.)

Of course, all our discussions might be moot if this drought becomes the next Dust Bowl and pushes us wholly into Depression 2.0...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...4RX_story.html
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Formerly known as "redrider" Monster's Avatar

It sounds like we are all voting on who we believe to be the lesser of two evils. In a country full of visionarys (sp) isn't that sad?
    Honda 95 f3-sold
    Honda 01 f4i-sold
    Honda 01-f4i-sold
    Suzuki-02 GSXR 1000 sold
    Kawasaki 08 zx6r Monster edition Sold
    VTX 1800
    05 CBR 600
    03 CBR 954
    05 ninja 636

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    It sounds like we are all voting on who we believe to be the lesser of two evils. In a country full of visionaries isn't that sad?
    Sad? Sure, but visionaries have a tendency to get killed:

Lincoln
    JFK
    RFK
    MLK

So, we're left with Kang and Kodos and Super PACs pretending to be candidates...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by salsashark; Fri Aug 3rd, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Write-in candidate for 2012!

(Not kidding. I can't bring myself to cast a vote for either dem or rep candidates.)
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Raising taxes will do one thing, give the government more money to spend. It doesn't matter which party is in power. If the government can prove to me they can actually operate on a budget instead of acting like a drunk teenager with their parents credit card, I would listen when they say we have to raise taxes.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    $50k/yr salary means you're in the 25% Federal income tax bracket. So roughly $12.5k goes to Fed., if you have no deductions, standard deduction is ~$6k. How much deduction do you get for each kid? $2k for two kids?

Please elaborate...
    There are many other deductions available to working Americans, and quite frankly, it's mind boggling how many people freely give their hard earned money to the government simply because they don't know any better, or just don't want to bother with it.

The basics, of course, are mortgage interest and vehicle registration, simply because they are "the biggies" and the ones most people know about. However, depending on how your job is structured, or whether or not you run your own business, there are a plethora of potential additional deductions available to you.

• Does your job require you to travel? If so, deduct the travel costs, mileage, airfare, lodging, meals, etc.

• Do you have a home-office or work from home? Not only can you deduct the square footage (real property value) of that office, but any associated supplies. For example, home phone, cell phone (if used for business), the cell phone itself, internet service, office supplies, staples, pens, paper, printer ink, stamps, envelopes, computers, hard drives, monitors... you name it.

• Do you do marketing and advertising for your business on your dime? You bet your ass you can deduct it. Not only can you deduct the direct marketing and advertising expenses, but associated costs. For example, did you take a potential client to lunch? Deduct it. Did you attend a social mixer or pay for a convention, conference or networking event? Deduct it.

• Actors and models can deduct costs of headshots, gym fees, acting classes, etc., because it's necessary for them to stay on top of their game in their line of work. I know many actors who also deduct DVD purchases, and movie tickets. Why? It's "research" for their job.

• You hobbiest and part-time photographers out there... if you haven't setup an LLC ($50 in Colorado) and are not deducting every single piece of equipment you purchase throughout the year, you are completely insane! Deduct everything from lenses, to friggin double-A battery purchases. Heck, I deduct 10-dollar rolls of gaffer tape! Deduct the cost of your CF cards, the card reader, and the USB cable to connect it to the computer. Deduct mileage to and from gigs. Deduct meals paid for while on assignment. Deduct the cost of your business cards. Deduct the annual fee for your domain registration. Got a website hosted? Deduct those hosting costs! Do you subscribe to industry/trade magazines like Digital Photo Pro? Deduct it. Did you signup for Playboy.com to learn more about shooting nudes? Deduct it. Deduct every single computer/software expense! Did you pay $150 for Lightroom 4? Deduct it. Did you buy a $15 light stand on Amazon.com? Deduct it. Did you spend $3,499 on the new 5D Mark III? Deduct that shit!!!!

Some of the things listed may seem/sound ridiculous, but that's exactly why I listed them. They are ALL legal deductions (depending on your filings and business structure). There really is a litany of deductions available to virtually every working American, the problem is most people just don't want to take the time or make the effort to deal with them. I'll tell you this - the $340 my accountant charges me to do all of my filings, and the day or two it takes me to get my documents together every year for my deductions, is well worth the money it saves me in income taxes.

I strongly encourage everyone to examine their expenses for possible deductions. Chances are you are leaving hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on the table each and every year.

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    If the government can prove to me they can actually operate on a budget instead of acting like a drunk teenager with their parents credit card, I would listen when they say we have to raise taxes.
    Agree, great analogy!

AKPhoto: Thanks for the tips! I've deducted the expenses on server fees & operating losses for running my web forum CRN (Colorado Racing Network LLC), but never thought about throwing photography in there too! It would be easy and totally legal, love it. I need to search out some other "hidden deductions" I might be missing...
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri Aug 3rd, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

AKPhoto: Thanks for the tips! I've deducted the expenses on server fees & operating losses for running my web forum CRN (Colorado Racing Network LLC), but never thought about throwing photography in there too! It would be easy and totally legal, love it. I need to search out some other "hidden deductions" I might be missing...
    You're quite welcome!!! However, please confer with an accountant before doing anything you aren't 100% sure of. I don't want to be responsible for getting some one in trouble with the IRS!

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    You're quite welcome!!! However, please confer with an accountant before doing anything you aren't 100% sure of!
    Absolutely. I just need to figure out an appropriate and documentable reasoning for using the photo equipment for the business. Car shows, racing, web site pics, etc. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Absolutely. I just need to figure out an appropriate and documentable reasoning for using the photo equipment for the business. Car shows, racing, web site pics, etc. Shouldn't be too difficult.
    Marketing expense. I deducted an entire fucking motorcycle for that (sponsor decal fodder).
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Marketing expense.
    Boom. It's that easy.

Let's make this simple...he said

"There was a great teacher somewhere in your life," he continued. "Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

What he meant is the roads and bridges....Not the person's business...In order for consumers to get to a business they have to use government roadways to get to it. Obama was saying the business owner did not build the the roadways...Someone else made those happen.

Nothing more or less....It's just being twisted for political gain....BTW Im a registered voter but do not vote...

All Presidents do pretty much the same stuff then congress/the house/the senate whoever shots it down and the President blames them. History is just repeating itself in the modern age...Depression, recession, inflation, collapse, rebuild/restructure....wash, rinse, repeat

All the troops will come home and be removed from service because the numbers will be too great to sustain (Vietnam), many government contracts (non technical) will not be renewed and soldiers, airman, sailors, marines will become multi-tasked and stretched thin, but the civilian sector will get better and other countries will begin to fail as we get better then another war will start.....wash, rinse, repeat
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

Quote Originally Posted by VFR View Post
    What he meant is the roads and bridges....Not the person's business...In order for consumers to get to a business they have to use government roadways to get to it. Obama was saying the business owner did not build the the roadways...Someone else made those happen.
    Very true, very accurate, and I understood that from the beginning. What pisses me off about the statement is that Obama makes it seem like the government just did that out the goodness of their hearts and the business owners should feel grateful.

This is a chicken/egg argument, and the fact is that without private business generating income, paying salaries, etc there would not have been economic activity. Without economic activity there would be nothing to tax and the government would not have any funds with which to build roads, etc.

So, IMO the business owners are the ones who funded the roads, the government was just the General Contractor of the project!
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

What's humorous about this is that the company I work for is located right off the Denver West exit on I-70. Back in the 60's the owner of the company requested the government to make that Denver West off ramp. The government refused so he paid for the project himself and built the Denver West overpass and exits off of I-70. 10 years later he sold the off ramp back to the state for gobs of profit. So in this case, it doesn't apply.

So in

Quote Originally Posted by VFR View Post
    Let's make this simple...he said

"There was a great teacher somewhere in your life," he continued. "Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

Nothing more or less....It's just being twisted for political gain....BTW Im a registered voter but do not vote...

All Presidents do pretty much the same stuff then congress/the house/the senate whoever shots it down and the President blames them. History is just repeating itself in the modern age...Depression, recession, inflation, collapse, rebuild/restructure....wash, rinse, repeat

All the troops will come home and be removed from service because the numbers will be too great to sustain (Vietnam), many government contracts (non technical) will not be renewed and soldiers, airman, sailors, marines will become multi-tasked and stretched thin, but the civilian sector will get better and other countries will begin to fail as we get better then another war will start.....wash, rinse, repeat
    I plate 5 vehicles a year. On each of them, it has a Road and Bridge FEE (not a tax mind you, that'd be against TABOR) The major Interstate highways were built as a means of transportation for National Defense.

If you drive to work for a small business or the biggest corporation in the world, you use the same roads and bridges. If you sit on your ass and collect welfare while driving your Escalade on...how big are the "in" rims now?, you use the same roads and bridges.

The way it was phrased, and stated twice: YOU didn't build that business is B.S. Everyone had teachers, everyone uses the roads. There are only a few who dare take the risk to do it on their own. It was a build up to how small business owners OWE the gubbermint and are going to be fuck taxed accordingly.

North Korea has highways too
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I guess these guys did build that

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-09/u...ers?_s=PM%3AUS
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I plate 5 vehicles a year. On each of them, it has a Road and Bridge FEE (not a tax mind you, that'd be against TABOR) The major Interstate highways were built as a means of transportation for National Defense.

If you drive to work for a small business or the biggest corporation in the world, you use the same roads and bridges. If you sit on your ass and collect welfare while driving your Escalade on...how big are the "in" rims now?, you use the same roads and bridges.

The way it was phrased, and stated twice: YOU didn't build that business is B.S. Everyone had teachers, everyone uses the roads. There are only a few who dare take the risk to do it on their own. It was a build up to how small business owners OWE the gubbermint and are going to be fuck taxed accordingly.
    I understand that! But you have to read between the lines...he said you didn't BUILD that...not that you didn't PAY for it to be built....lol

He's slick with the verbiage... So he's right the business owner didn't build the road..Government did it, with the owners money.
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)