Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tractor Rage

Tractor Rage

http://jalopnik.com/5931342/a-guy-ju...ars-in-vermont

A Guy Just Drove A Tractor Over Seven Cop Cars In Vermont

Travis Okulski

A Vermont resident just took to a farm tractor and ran over seven police cruisers. We spoke to police and they currently have "no idea why" this happened.

And yeah, seven cars.

It sounds like the suspect drove his farm tractor over vehicles from the Orleans Country Sheriff's Department and Newport City Police Department. He then kept going down the road until he stopped near a bank. For some reason he then got out and continued on foot.

He was caught and is now in custody. We've reached out to the Newport Sheriff's office and are awaiting further comment. As of right now, they're as confused as we are, though probably less amused.
    UPDATE: Police are saying that the man involved, 34-year old Roger Pion, committed the act because he was "upset over a recent arrest." Yep, that sounds about right.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Tractor Rage

Wow lol, reminds me of that one time this mental patient stole a tank and just caused havoc and half around the city (can't recall what city, just recall watching the episode on spike TV) lol

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Wow lol, reminds me of that one time this mental patient stole a tank and just caused havoc and half around the city (can't recall what city, just recall watching the episode on spike TV) lol
    A guy in Granby bulldozed half the town a couple years ago.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

You sure that wasn't just GTA? Lol
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

I think he was referring to the incident many years ago in San Diego. Some guy stole a tank and went rampaging down the interstate.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Somewhere in Cali, guy stole it from a National Guard armory or depot, ended up high-centered on the center divider & got shot in the head by the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Guy in an ARMORED bulldozer, no less...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    You sure that wasn't just GTA? Lol
    I don't play video games so no but heard it's a good game lol

As in HWY 40 Granby?

As in HWY 40 Granby?
    Yeah. Shortly after it happened Nick Ninja, myself, and I believe Barn rolled through. Was interesting to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vESIVemfG8

Wow, that is crazy. Before GTA came out even.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Somewhere in Cali, guy stole it from a National Guard armory or depot, ended up high-centered on the center divider & got shot in the head by the cops.

Guy in an ARMORED bulldozer, no less...
    That's the guy!

Yeah. Shortly after it happened Nick Ninja, myself, and I believe Barn rolled through. Was interesting to see.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlZh9...e_gdata_player

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Admit it, if you were pissed at the man and didn't have much to lose, you'd grab some heavy machinery and go on a rampage too.

The guy in Granby gets extra style points though, he armor plated the thing first.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

When did this happen?

To bad this clown didn't get shot, then sell all his assets to pay for the cars. Until then, lock his psycho ass up.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Wed Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Admit it, if you were pissed at the man and didn't have much to lose, you'd grab some heavy machinery and go on a rampage too.

The guy in Granby gets extra style points though, he armor plated the thing first.

I think he gets points for killing -0- people (not counting his suicide) in his rampage too. So, yeah, good on him...wonder if you can buy Killdozer like you can Capone's car?

As to the tank:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcnQ5jVGEds
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    To bad this clown didn't get shot in the face, then sell all his assets to pay for the cars. Until then, lock his psycho ass up.
    Meh, I think driving over a bunch of cop cars in a tractor could be seen as an expression of Free Speech, and thus he should be free to go...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    When did this happen?
    This happened back in 2004. I did not get a chance to go through Granby until most of it had been fixed but you could still see evidence a couple years later

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    This happened back in 2004. I did not get a chance to go through Granby until most of it had been fixed but you could still see evidence a couple years later
    My family and friends failed to mention this happened while I was deployed, I never knew this happened.

Don't feel too bad lol I was here the whole time and had no idea till now lol

Alma rampage – April 1998 – Colorado Central Magazine
    Rampage devastates Alma
    The same week that Park County recalled its commissioners, one of its towns suffered from an incredible rampage.
    Alma, with about 200 residents, sits a few miles up Hoosier Pass from Fairplay. On the evening of Feb. 26, its former mayor, Willie Morrison, was killed in the town hall as he conducted an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
    And that is just the start of the charges against accused shooter Thomas Dean Leask, a 50-year-old roustabout and an Alma native.
    Witnesses said that Leask, after the shooting, tossed two molotov cocktails into the town hall. Then he went outside, started the town’s front-end loader, and went on a rampage, crashing the machine through several buildings before setting his family home afire.
    “He basically wiped out the government here,” said Don Anthony of the Park County Sheriff’s Department. “He took out the town hall, the fire station, the post office, the water-treatment plant. He took out the phones and partial electricity.”
    After the rampage, Leask fled on foot into the woods with a rifle and handgun. Deputies surrounded him and persuaded him to surrender.
    Although much damage to town facilities was covered by insurance, some was not, and if you’d like to donate to help repair Colorado’s highest incorporated town, send money to the Alma Foundation, P.O. Box 1050, Alma CO 80420.
    Alma’s claim to fame used to be that, at 10,355 feet, it was the highest incorporated town in the United States. Leadville, at 10,152, is the highest incorporated city — Colorado law requires at least 2,000 residents before a town can gain city status.
    But when Alma made the national news in February, the story had nothing to do with elevation, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Meh, I think driving over a bunch of cop cars in a tractor could be seen as an expression of Free Speech, and thus he should be free to go...
    I'm thinking the District Court will find Probable Cause to believe the acts meet the elements required to satisfy felony Criminal Mischief. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm thinking the District Court will find Probable Cause to believe the acts meet the elements required to satisfy felony Criminal Mischief. Just saying
    Yeah, was /sarcasm
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I know, I follow the first rule of CSC!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I know, I follow the first rule of CSC!
    I thought the First Rule was not to talk about CSC?
    ~Hunter S. Thompson