Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rossi to Yamaha(It's OFFICIAL!!!)

Rossi to Yamaha(It's OFFICIAL!!!)

can't wait!!!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/R...%20to%20Yamaha
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Ducati+Rossi+split

and you know if it's on the Motogp.com website it's a done deal and official. So none of this nonsense, "until I hear it from his mouth". You basically have.

discuss.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Rossi to Yamaha(It's OFFICIAL!!!)

Sweet, finally great to see that the doctor will go back to the podium and dominate!

There's nothing to discuss. He went to ducati to help them fix that heaping pile of shit and it still doesn't work. Welcome back Vale

effin. a.

Back home where he belongs!
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

Sounds like a good reason for Ted to hit the bars hard tonight !

I wonder what Dovi4 does next !

Cool! I hope he is very successful back with blue. No matter what he rides, he has his work cut out for him with the group of riders battling in the front.

I'm interested to see what Ducati is going to do?

It's almost too bad they didn't give the ride to Dovi or Cal. I bet we could have seen really good things from them on a factory ride.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Burgess is retiring - not going back to Yamaha with Valentino.

The dynamic duo is split - can Rossi do it without him?

^..

Waiting for Scott to make probably a final revision to his predictions... Looks like there is only one factory ride open now....

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post

I think they have enough data and testing that's been done to get by. If they were going to a completely new bike, I think it'd be different. But he's going back to a bike they've won on. I wonder who'll replace him?

...and I repeat,

So what's Rossi's excuses going to be when the old man doesn't win on the Yamaha?

I know so many of you love going balls to chin w/ the Rossi fanboyism, but it's not just the bike. Personally, I think father time is catching up with him. Between the injuries, age, and a younger (better?) grid coming up, Burguess retiring (news to me) I see Rossi finishing out his career like Schumacher. Waffling around mid-grid with the occasional high light for all of his yellow wearing fans to get wood over.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think they have enough data and testing that's been done to get by. If they were going to a completely new bike, I think it'd be different. But he's going back to a bike they've won on. I wonder who'll replace him?
    It's not a bike that they've won on - it's moved from 800cc to 1000cc since then with an all new chassis. It's for sure a different bike than he won on a couple of years ago.

Salsa - Call it fanboyism if you want. I agree that Jorge is probably the most complete rider in the paddock right now, but I'm pretty sure that Valentino still has a lot of fight left in him and is likely to do a bunch more winning before it's over.

Salsa - Call it fanboyism if you want. I agree that Jorge is probably the most complete rider in the paddock right now, but I'm pretty sure that Valentino still has a lot of fight left in him and is likely to do a bunch more winning before it's over.
    I have no doubt he'll win again, but I think his time with a permanent seat at the head of the table if waning.

...and don't mind me, I'm pouting because in spite of his constant whining, I'm going to miss Stoner. I was hoping Stoner would hop on a Yamaha or Suzuki and beat Rossi to the 3-manufacturer title punch
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

It's not a bike that they've won on - it's moved from 800cc to 1000cc since then with an all new chassis. It's for sure a different bike than he won on a couple of years ago.
    Two wheels, a seat, handlebars and some brakes; what's the big deal? You always over-think stuff, Rybo.

I was just saying, at least he has a history with the manufacturer. If nothing else, it'll be easier then going to something completely foreign.

Cripes... Ducati is so hard up they even reached out to retired Furusawa:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/182...i_contact.html

I hope Audi fires that joke of a tech. director Preziosi, and gets some one who's more concerned with winning than maintaining some bullsh*t L twin configuration for the sake of heritage. As soon as Ducati wins a podium, their fans won't be giving two sh*ts about the powerhouse under the seat.

but I'm pretty sure that Valentino still has a lot of fight left in him and is likely to do a bunch more winning before it's over.
    Especially with Stoner leaving, Spies ( more than likely leaving) and then whichever of the tech 3 guys going to Ducati for a learning year. I wish now more than ever that Stoner be out there for another season on the Repsol. Oh well. Rossi switching to Yamaha severely damaged my silly season picks.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    As soon as Ducati wins a podium, their fans won't be giving two sh*ts about the powerhouse under the seat.
    Ducati clearly gives a shit, else they would have switched years ago...

It's the same reason the Porsche 911 has the boxer engine hanging off its ass, it's completely the worst design, but it's quintessentially "Porsche" so it's going to stay despite physics.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

It's the same reason the Porsche 911 has the boxer engine hanging off its ass, it's completely the worst design, but it's quintessentially "Porsche" so it's going to stay despite physics.
    The Porsche 911 -

A completely crappy design that is extremely well executed

The Porsche 911 -

A completely crappy design that is extremely well executed
    60+ years of working on it probably helped. I don't think Ducati has that much time...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Very interesting point. Burgess helped Mick Doohan to a bunch of his titles before Rossi, but Rossi also won a couple of titles at aprilia without him, plus Lorenzo has won 1 and is well on his way to #2 without him, so it'll be interesting for sure.

Too bad, I REALLY wanted to see Rossi win one with Ducati, the tifosi would go friggin' MAD!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    And that is exactly the problem.

Ducati has been running a V-4 in MotoGP ever since the development of the Desmosedici for the 2003 season.

Dovi signs with Ducati. I like Dovi and he deserves a factory seat. I'm more enthusiastic about Hayden being with Ducati for another year, but Dovi will be a good teammate. It's going to be drama-city in the Yamaha garage.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...or/#more-33916
    -Ryan

I knew it was only a matter of time .....

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/S...+Yamaha+switch

http://tensport.com.au/news/newsarti...k-on-Rossi.htm

Stoner launces MotoGP attack on Rossi

Brought to you by AAP.Published Date:15/08/2012 03:43:00 PM
    Tags:
    Motor Racing,Motor Racing,MGP

Australia's MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner has launched a stinging attack on Italian icon Valentino Rossi following Rossi's move back to Yamaha.
    Rossi will saddle up again with Yamaha after a failed campaign with Ducati, on which Stoner won his first world title before switching to Honda.
    Stoner has accused Rossi of failing to ride the bike to its limits and castigated the multiple world champion and his Australian crew chief Jeremy Burgess for boasting they could produce a Ducati on which "any rider could win."
    "They ate their words from day one," Stoner said on Wednesday.
    "Jerry saying that it would take him 80 seconds to fix that bike and that it was a simple issue and now they have had almost two years and have not made any inroads.
    "Valentino obviously doesn't want to push limits and ride a bike that is not perfect, he has admitted that.
    "Obviously he doesn't want to put the effort in with Ducati."
    In his most recent race Rossi was eighth and 10 seconds behind teammate Nicky Hayden when he crashed out of the US GP.
    In his first stint with Yamaha - from 2004 to 2010 - Rossi won 46 races and four world titles.
    In a stunning back-flip Rossi is walking away from a reported $A35 million deal at Ducati to take a pay cut to return to Yamaha.
    The seven-time world champion failed to win a race on the machine in his 22 months with the team.
    Although now with Honda, Stoner remains a hero in the eyes of Ducati fans, having won 23 races and the 2007 world title with the red team.
    There have been months of tensions with Rossi citing a lack of development work by Ducati engineers while he has floundered to master the unique style of the bike.
    "I just feel completely sorry for Ducati that Valentino has gone there and done nothing but complain about the bike for almost two years," Stoner said.
    "The amount of times that guy has had to eat his words is not funny, but people still forgive him for it."
    Rossi will now have to take the backseat behind his rival, Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo.
    "Our main investment is in Jorge and he is the No.1 candidate to be champion both this year and next year. He is our No.1 rider," said Yamaha MotoGP boss Lin Jarvis."

Yep just read that over on Motogp.com. Stoner is such a douchebag...

I think it all boils down to just pure jealousy of Rossi on Stoner's part. He's mad because everyone still views Rossi as the GOAT. He's mad because he'd never catch Rossi's records. He's mad because when it's all said and done, he's not Rossi...

I honestly believe this all started at 2008's Laguna Seca GP. When Rossi punked Stoner time and again around that track. He's also mad because Rossi has gone back to back titles in MotoGP, not once but twice. All I can say about Stoner, is good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Wed Aug 15th, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."