Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: here we go people.

Gold Member

here we go people.

How far are we going to let our government go?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1817484.html

To the leos on here. Will you help us or hurt us when your day comes to say fuck you or yes sir.

Freedom of speech. Gone.

Right to due process. Gone.

This isnt very far from v for vendetta.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: here we go people.

Sooooo if a kid says that he's sharpening his axe and going to sever heads talking about school, it's ok to question him. But since this guy is a Marine and talking about government, it's not ok to question him?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

There may be more to this than the story, It says "former" which means he may not be active duty any longer but he may still be in the IARR (inactive ready reserve) if so he is still owned by the government and cannot make any threats, or say anything really bad about the government.

Just my thoughts though.

Gold Member

Yup. Not to mention locking him up. We have right to freedom of speech. PERIOD.

I think your missing the point its ok to question but its also ok for the individual to decline questioning its not ok to detain anyone for speech

Gold Member

Btw guys its song lyrics. Our service members dont take a oath to our government.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/swoll...ingmedown.html

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Questioning aside, he's saying they are asking him about comments made on a closed (non public page). If that's true, they watched what he said and acted on it, which is beyond fucked up.

Even more, they detained him for a month for nothing more than saying the same shit half the people on this site post routinely. There is nothing justifiable or legal about it, assuming the article is fully truthful. Of course it may not be.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Dont mistake someone that is in the service as a "normal" American.... They have signed their life away and have to play by different rules.

Not saying what is going on is fair but to me the guy seems just as crazy as his government.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Gold Member

Yeah they may not be the same but when does this shit end? Where is the line? Tons of vets spoke out during Vietnam. Did they get locked up and forced meds? How long is he in there? What threat did he pose?

I wonder if this is him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0d6...e_gdata_player

Already discussing this incident on CRN. Btw, your "Freedom of Speech" isn't no-holds-barred-anything-goes-100%. Prime example is making threats against the President, especially post-9/11, etc. I'll just copy my post here:

Ok, interesting. I think being questioned by the FBI and released would be a viable, just keep him on your radar since his comments are obviously of a violent nature, regardless if the writer "meant no harm" just spouting. I do NOT however agree with incarcerating him in a mental asylum unless he truly has been diagnosed by a non-government multiple outside accredited psychiatrists who will vouch that he is unstable and dangerous to himself or others. Just like the existing laws concerning how much is required for a shrink to commit you. Nothing new.

It's one thing to just scream about how much you hate the government, revolution, etc. If that's your view, than go for it, without repurcussion or questioning. But another when you add a couple of the things in there. Not surprised it would raise some eyebrows.

Just as I'm not surprised when Suicidal Tendencies were questioned because one of their songs had the lyrics about shooting Reagan. No biggie, they were questioned and that is all, nothing more. Same thing for Marcy Playground when their lyrics said "I shot the President, now I'm going to Disneyland." LOL!
    Bman's response to me:
    Aye Praveen, I think yet another line has been crossed that is to the detriment of individual freedoms. His words are simplistic, crass, and poorly spoken, yet they are fundamentally no different than many founders quotes.

I think a part of their decision to haul him off is that he is a trained killer and combat veteran. If true, this by consequence means that anyone who is former mil & veteran should be especially careful of utilizing their 1st amendment rights.
    /agreed
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member

Guys he quoted song lyrics. Song lyrics!

I said fuck authority...

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

What are the written rules about service members and their rights, anyway? Someone have a link to an official source? I didn't realize the rules are *that* different when it comes to this kind of stuff, though I suppose it makes sense to a point.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    What are the written rules about service members and their rights, anyway? Someone have a link to an official source? I didn't realize the rules are *that* different when it comes to this kind of stuff, though I suppose it makes sense to a point.
    http://nlgmltf.org/leaflets/GI_Rights_free_speech.html

Senior Member Moderator

Article 88 of the UCMJ States, "Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

Article 117, "
    Any person subject to this chapter who uses provoking or reproachful words or gestures towards any other person subject to this chapter shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

^^ precisely what my point was, and Ej is correct as well, when you join the military you are owned by the government, you do not make choices they make choices for you. Freedom is not free.

Gold Member

So now he faced a court martial from a psych ward? Come on guys he was not active duty. There has neen no arrest. No military court. Its not actions or words against the president. He literally quoted a song.

HE QUOTED A SONG!

is this fact slipping the grasp? The quotes that they are using doesn't dont even talk about the repeated remarks of starting the next revolution. No just his quotes from songs.

Also just because he is/was a soldier does not mean he doesnt have due process. Hold on let me look for it.

I think its time for a revolution too...*shrug* Maybe I'll be "questioned" for saying such things.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    So now he faced a court martial from a psych ward? Come on guys he was not active duty. There has neen no arrest. No military court. Its not actions or words against the president. He literally quoted a song.

HE QUOTED A SONG!

is this fact slipping the grasp? The quotes that they are using doesn't dont even talk about the repeated remarks of starting the next revolution. No just his quotes from songs.
    I'm not defending anything beyond the initial "FBI questioning" or whatever by any means. Read my post above. And you're absolutely right about deserving due process, lawyer, and everything public, not some Bush era "secret CIA black site prison".

But try to not have tunnel vision and simply rely on "it's just a song lyric". This is obviously a very complex issue, not just a matter of "FREE SPEECH NO MATTER WHAT!". Instead try put it in context of all the factors. A possible trend or escalation, where no one (except the gun-nut revolutionary Unabomber types) want to see what might happen next.

From CRN 'Bman':
    I feel like I am standing at a great crossroads. As if a storm of destiny is about to pick me up and take me to fight a great battle. A battle I could have never imagined existed. 7/24/12

We MUST rise up and take our country back. 7/30/12

I am standing against a great evil. I will do it all by myself if I have to. 8/4/12

This is the part where I tell the Federal Government to go fuck itself. This is the part where I tell Generals, training our young men to fight Americans, I am coming for you. The Veterans will be with me. 8/9/12

I’m starting the Revolution. I’m done waiting. 8/10/12

Sharpen up my axe; I’m here to sever heads. 8/13/12 <- a lyric from a song called Bring Me Down by a band called Swollen Members.

The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. 8/14/12

The Revolution is here. And I will lead it. 8/14/12
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member

I know the contexts and the escalating posts. Already read them. I will absolutely stand at the free speech line. There should be no but. NONE! not to mention how the fuck did the feds even find this? Fuck that. Fuck the whole they monitor for our safety argument. You guys are not grasping this. The more we give up a right here ir a right there we lose that for life! You say the bush era.... are you fucking kidding me bro? Bush must have signed ndaa. No bro. This isnt a red blue problem. That shit is a joke!

Have you seen the reports of us the army preparing for the fight against civilians?

You have the texts from his posts but have you heard the interviews? He has seen doctors for 10-15the min at a time. A 20 min court hearing.

No, fuck that. This shit needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I know the contexts and the escalating posts. Already read them. I will absolutely stand at the free speech line. There should be no but. NONE! not to mention how the fuck did the feds even find this? Fuck that. Fuck the whole they monitor for our safety argument. You guys are not grasping this. The more we give up a right here ir a right there we lose that for life! You say the bush era.... are you fucking kidding me bro? Bush must have signed ndaa. No bro. This isnt a red blue problem. That shit is a joke!

Have you seen the reports of us the army preparing for the fight against civilians?

You have the texts from his posts but have you heard the interviews? He has seen doctors for 10-15the min at a time. A 20 min court hearing.

No, fuck that. This shit needs to end.
    If he wasn't associated with the military I would agree. But I'm sure there are some unknowns and as the code says there are certain things you are limited to while in service, active/reserve.. regardless of it being from a song. Especially with the past incidents of shootings (Maj who went on shooting spree) I'm not surprised they jumped on this because of the "signs".

Being prior military/reserve/active/whatever he already can easily access any airforce/marine/army/navy base anywhere which adds to his risk factor.

I hope he ends up okay but I doubt we are getting the full picture of the situation from the news reporters.
    2008 SV650N

Quote Originally Posted by rluper View Post
    Especially with the past incidents of shootings (Maj who went on shooting spree) I'm not surprised they jumped on this because of the "signs".
    AND, exactly how many of the hyper-patriots would be pissed if you take this exact same situation/story, ONLY change is: replace this guy with the Ft.Hood (Arab/Muslim) shooter? I'm taking a wild guess of... ZERO would even give a shit, or make even 5% of the hullaballoo about it.

amirite?...

*food for thought*

Gold Member

See we are so warped into we need this for our protection. Shit like this is the very reason i left co. This whole leaving our protection in the hands of others makes me sick.

Lets just say he was planning a shooting rampage. Even though he is not being charged with anything of the sort. No wait he was never charged with a crime. No charges have been filed. Not a single one. He wasnt arrested by a jag department.

He is not being held in a cell. He has not had a court date. He is being held indefinitely with no due process. It doesn't matter what he did for a living he still has rights. No he was locked up and is now being held with no charges. No court dates. No due process.

Guys this is america not russa. Our constitutional rights is something that millions have died for. That sacrifice is being thrown out the window. We dishonor every brave man and woman that laid their lives on the line to protect liberty.

Where does this stop?? If we let the government do this kind of crap this world will get scary fast! We cant allow our government to watch us like this. We just cant find this kind of crap acceptable. You think mass shootings are bad? WIt until people just start disappearing. Wait until your kids post something about the president and gets picked up for it.

Freedom? What fucking freedom?

Yeah you guys are right this dude was so badass he had to ask for a ride to get this revolution started. Sounds like he had some real plans to hurt people.

You guys remember today. Remember that you were okay with this. In 20 years we will see how the for our protection works for this country.

And you can continue to go on the assumption that everyone is "OK" with this, I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS, but it does make it easier to get all worked up about it, if you believe some of us are ok with this. The reality is most of us aren't 100% shocked about it, in light of all the context and recent shootings. Many concerned people are questioning the government agencies on why the Ft.Hood shooter, the Theater shooter, etc. never threw up any red flags. So if you were the government, then what? Damned if you do, damned if you don't? Innocent people got killed, but at least we didn't dare err on the side of caution? Hence the entire debate. It's not exactly cut & dry easy, imo.

Like I mentioned already, he should've been questioned, then if necessary, evaluated by a non-government multiple (at least two outside-party) accredited psychiatrists who specialize in this area, not just hauled off without a warrant or charges. Then follow the same rule of law that applies to everyone else, with all the rights afforded to any citizen when determining if ANYONE is a violent threat to themselves or anyone else. Psychiatrists have this power, but it is VERY limited. Seems like the government skipped a step or two, dunno all the facts and exact sequence of events, yet.

If he was still active-duty, then a different set of rules might apply.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Wed Aug 22nd, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

Gold Member

HE IS NOT ACTUVE DUTY. EVEN IF HE WAS ACTIVE DUTY THERE IS STILL A DUE PROCESS FOR HIM.

Honestly man i dint care about any mass shooting. Not a single fuck.

The whole we have to be protected argument is for the weak and scared. Who is going to protect you from our government?

Look man im sorry if its heartless but every time something bad happens we need to just move on. We dont need more laws. Infact these mass shootings shouldnt even get reported on. The whole country bitchi g and crying about how did our government let this happen is what these sick fucks want. They want their names out there being talked about. They want to make a mark on the world. Stop giving these assholes what they want.

Look at rampart shooting range. One accident happened up there. Oh we better shut it down. We keep crying and want more laws. Bigger government. 911.. they got bix cutters on the plane? No we need to fix that. Now women and children are subjects to horrifying "safety" measures. Pat downs that can only compare to prison. Big brother watching everything we say and do. If you think they are not this iz a perfect example.

No bro this country is not longer land of the free home od the brave. Its land of the watched home of the coward.