Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: here we go people.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: here we go people.

^^Have you ever been overseas? to a different country other than Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    HE IS NOT ACTUVE DUTY. EVEN IF HE WAS ACTIVE DUTY THERE IS STILL A DUE PROCESS FOR HIM.

Honestly man i dint care about any mass shooting. Not a single fuck.

The whole we have to be protected argument is for the weak and scared. Who is going to protect you from our government?

Look man im sorry if its heartless but every time something bad happens we need to just move on. We dont need more laws. Infact these mass shootings shouldnt even get reported on. The whole country bitchi g and crying about how did our government let this happen is what these sick fucks want. They want their names out there being talked about. They want to make a mark on the world. Stop giving these assholes what they want.

Look at rampart shooting range. One accident happened up there. Oh we better shut it down. We keep crying and want more laws. Bigger government. 911.. they got bix cutters on the plane? No we need to fix that. Now women and children are subjects to horrifying "safety" measures. Pat downs that can only compare to prison. Big brother watching everything we say and do. If you think they are not this iz a perfect example.

No bro this country is not longer land of the free home od the brave. Its land of the watched home of the coward.
    +11111111111111111

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    ^^Have you ever been overseas? to a different country other than Canada?
    Yep and they screen passengers by profiling they do not grab nut sacs and fondle boobs. True in airports like in Zurich even before 9/11 they had armed police walking around with machine guns. That never bothered me...we can have armed police too with machine guns...but we need to profile not just rely on a person making $12/hr screening you.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about because I flew when things were pretty commons sense. I also was on a Diplomatic Passport most my life. In Africa leaving Togo we did not even slow down walking through security...flashed the passports the screens yelled at us and we kept moving.

Really if anyone wants to board a plane with a Bomb they just need to go to Africa and catch a flight. Really not that hard. I'm surprised it has not been done.

#1Townie - How about people in Aurora calling for the movie theater to be tore down. I roll my eyes when I hear that, or that they want Cinamark to spent $$$$$ in making a memorial. Seriously people it sucked that it happened but move the fuck on with life. I'm surprised they have not added some new laws on the books like no orange hair, or no customs allowed in theaters.

People all in a panic over one crazy idiot.

I agree with you on Rampart Range, it was a silly move to close the range although the trash pissed me off all it did was chase these people out deeper into Rampart Range and Mt Herman Rd. Now they closed some spots on Mt Herman Rd, and guess what people are going deeper into the forest. USFS it stupid most of the time, embrace an area and try and build it up to be safe...just an idea. Oh wait that be crazy.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Questioning aside, he's saying they are asking him about comments made on a closed (non public page). If that's true, they watched what he said and acted on it, which is beyond fucked up.
    Dee Rybiski, an FBI spokeswoman in Richmond, said there was no Facebook snooping by her agency.
    "We received quite a few complaints about what were perceived as threatening posts," she said. "Given the circumstances with the things that have gone on in the country with some of these mass shootings, it would be horrible for law enforcement not to pay attention to complaints."
    He wasn't being monitored. He posted it on facebook and one or more of his "friends" felt that his post was threatening and called the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    #1Townie - How about people in Aurora calling for the movie theater to be tore down. I roll my eyes when I hear that, or that they want Cinamark to spent $$$$$ in making a memorial. Seriously people it sucked that it happened but move the fuck on with life. I'm surprised they have not added some new laws on the books like no orange hair, or no customs allowed in theaters.

People all in a panic over one crazy idiot.
    We were talking about it this morning... Complete flippin idiots!

Cinemark needs to go in, clean up the mess, do a bit of remodeling and re-open. My personal opinion (if I owned the theater), put a glass case in the lobby or a hallway as a lasting memorial, then re-open with a huge party. Make it a PR bonanza. None of this "we're scared of one idiot" crap.

Sack up, and move on.

I've always believed that how we, as Americans, emerge from tragedy (and IMO, this barely counts) is what defines us as Americans.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Yep I agree with salsashark....the whole panic thing is getting old.

From a business standpoint, tearing the place down is silly. Loss of jobs, loss of tax income for the city/county/state. Building a memorial (I assume people envision some huge thing)...who maintains it over the long haul? Tear the place down and build a memorial is also talked about. Really!!! Who buys the property? Who maintain's the property/memorial? Oh you expect a business (Cinamark) to do this? That is just nuts.

I think salsashark has it right. Put up a case with pictures and maybe select items family would like and call it good. I hope the place remodels and reopens. I wonder if the employees are getting paid or they been left to Unemployment insurance to fend for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I wonder if the employees are getting paid or they been left to Unemployment insurance to fend for themselves?
    Nope... one of my coworker's has a son who works/ed there. He's basically out of a job while their closed, and because there was never an actual termination or anything, unemployment won't kick in. He's not hurt, so no disability. From what I understand, the kid's basically stuck in limbo.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

Same rationale that Bush went to that baseball game. Gotta move on, not tear down anything, that's ludicrous. You just let the psycho win. Now if the company believes with so many deaths, there is "bad juju" there permanently, and as a business decision that they think it will just piss off everyone and go downhill, that's another story. But why not try cleaning it up, re-opening it, see how it goes...
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member

Agreed with both you guys. The same garbage happened here in carson last year after the ihop shooting. This is a small town. We only have one ihop. Lol. They remodeled it but didnt tear it down.

Sad things will always happen. Have we not learned after years of adding laws onto laws to help protect us? It doesnt work. The only way the government can 100% protect us is to lock us all up in padded rooms and never leave it. Feed us and control our workouts. No social interaction.

Im cool with that. I would rather take care of my own. I would rather be the heartless bastard that just moves on with my life.

That's purely a business decision. It shouldn't be in the hands of people who have absolutely no skin in the game. People demanding that they tear it down need to buy the ground, the building and the business then they can whatever the hell they want with it.

Gold Member

Agreed salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Nope... one of my coworker's has a son who works/ed there. He's basically out of a job while their closed, and because there was never an actual termination or anything, unemployment won't kick in. He's not hurt, so no disability. From what I understand, the kid's basically stuck in limbo.
    Now that is the type of story the employees should be calling the news about. What about THEM. See that is where I believe Cinamark should step up. After all I bet they had insurance that is covering their losses while closed...so thus the employee should be paid.