Thread: Average fees for having someone remove, mount, balance and re-install tires?

Average fees for having someone remove, mount, balance and re-install tires?

Hey guys,

The title pretty much covers it. I'm looking for an average price around town for having someone do this. I am actually curious about what the legitimate costs would be, but the main reason I am interested is because I want to (ok fine... "need to" could also be an accurate statement) justify the costs of gearing up my garage to the family accountant.

Thanks,
    -David

Re: Average fees for having someone remove, mount, balance and re-install tires?

We're at $29.99 each on bike with tire purchase, $40.99 if you bring your own tires. Off bike, it's 12.99 and $25.99, respectively.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Re: Average fees for having someone remove, mount, balance and re-install tires?

At Fay Myers it is $30 with purchase, I am not sure of the without purchase price

Free with purchase at Colorado Powersports

I have come to notice by shopping around the guys who arre free with purchase just up the price of there tires to cover the costs. Just my 2 cents. I paid 25.99 to mount a rear tire on bike last time I had one put on.

Quote Originally Posted by cutfromabove View Post
    Wish I would've known this...
    -Chris
    (77O-six55-3O35) '03 R6 (new baby) / '03 SV650 (sold) Almond Imaging Photography

Quote Originally Posted by ATL View Post
    Wish I would've known this...
    -Chris
    Like duck said its in the tire price.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

No such thing as free, all a sales pitch.

A friend bought a tire machine and balancer 7 or 8 years ago. He charges $15 per wheel (off the bike) to mount and balance, plus $2.50 tire disposal. He's changed my last 10 sets of tires. He's also changed a lot of friend's tires over the years. He easily paid for his tire changing equipment the first summer he bought it.

If you bought a tire machine and balancer, you could recoup your costs quickly. You have to be competent and treat everyone's wheel like its your own. If you're going to remove the wheel from the bike, you'll also have to invest in various tools to work on all the different models. You'll also have to worry about people you don't know hanging around your house and the occasional pissed off customer.

I bring my wheels into Co Powersports and recall paying about $25 per wheel.

Just had Fay Myers do mine, with it on the bike, it was $40

Got a new front Michelin Power Pilot for $140 OTD

Not really in town but since this is for surveying purposes I will throw our info in the mix:

$20/wheel on bike. Tires bought from us or not.
    $10/wheel off bike. You bring the tire.
    Free/wheel if you buy tire from us.

No we don't hike up the tire process either. Reason being is because we are mainly a race shop and street business is not our main staple. Plus, our shop has changed over 30,000 motorcycle tires already. It's really not that hard and doesn't take long. So why charge an arm and a leg!?!

PM if you want any tire price to compare.

Ride on ridas

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

Thank you all for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Scer View Post
    Not really in town but since this is for surveying purposes I will throw our info in the mix:

$20/wheel on bike. Tires bought from us or not.
    $10/wheel off bike. You bring the tire.
    Free/wheel if you buy tire from us.

No we don't hike up the tire process either. Reason being is because we are mainly a race shop and street business is not our main staple. Plus, our shop has changed over 30,000 motorcycle tires already. It's really not that hard and doesn't take long. So why charge an arm and a leg!?!

PM if you want any tire price to compare.

Ride on ridas
    Didn't know you guys were in Loveland! Damn!

Board Newbie

GO to TFOG these guys have the best prices on tires and and best service, I believe they will beat anyone else's tire prices and the service is the best in town they just did my front and my rear a little while ago
    2008 Ducati 1098 the rubber duck

Sun Honda charged me 40.00 per tire to mount and balance when I took them my Metzlers..

Come to find out Colorado power sports would have purchased the tires I wanted and mounted for free..
    Even though I ride a honda I am switching my shop to colorado powersports on 104th as they just rock..

Got my new helmet there and they actually spend time with you getting it fitted right and making sure its the correct helmet with the right cheek pads..

Great sujestions and prices i just don't have a truck to go to loveland im scared my tire will pop..

Represent The Green Monster In You!

Trust is a big factor....care for your wheels and the customer service. For years, I have run my wheels over to Jim at TFOG and he is on the opposite end of town for me.

As far as tire prices it is impossible to beat Let it Ride, just off of Carr and colfax. I go through a set of q3's every two weeks and I've called/checked every shop within 50 miles. It's also a great shop for everything else, knowledgable staff that actually cares and wants to help. Peak Performance Powersports is next door, Connor and Sev do good work. I'm not positive about tire changing prices as I change my own. Tell your wife the investment will easily pay for itself.

If you're further East in Aurora, I usually take my things to Aurora Honda. 25$ a wheel as long as it's off the bike. Really swell employees there.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    No such thing as free, all a sales pitch.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by cutfromabove View Post
    I talked to Aaron in service in Boulder and he said this hasn't been true for a few years now.