Thread: Round 7 Novice GTO

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Round 7 Novice GTO

Video from my view of NovO on Saturday @ PPIR. Ended up in 4th place. Never ridden PPIR until that morning's practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEUKPr0qJ80
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Mon Sep 17th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Re: Round 7 Novice GTO

I'm so jealous man you have no idea lol looking damn good wiki good job there

You look great wiki

Man I wish PPIR wasn't so dangerous

Nice, thanks for posting.
    I was just to the right of you at the start. (White Triumph, black leathers and lime green helmet). I got a great start and was able to move up several places but ended up 6th and the end. You got by me on lap 3 going into turn 4.
    I pretty pleased since I haven't been on the bike since round 2. Can't wait for next year!

I've got some video as well just need to find time to edit it. Got some good footage of the 2 bikes colliding in turn 5. I had to run off to miss them.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

If you would have gone faster, you could have won. Maybe next time try and go faster?

How is the track? In the vid it looks like it has a lot of cracks and holes in it. Sounds like you and a couple of the other riders are laying back on the throttle too. Just wondering.

Good race BTW!
    2007 HONDA CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by preludepearl417 View Post
    How is the track? In the vid it looks like it has a lot of cracks and holes in it. Sounds like you and a couple of the other riders are laying back on the throttle too. Just wondering.

Good race BTW!

The track is not bad. There are a few spots but nothing too serious. I actually like going there a lot. It's a tight track so people are in and out of the throttle a lot, especially the liter bikes.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite675 View Post
    The track is not bad. There are a few spots but nothing too serious. I actually like going there a lot. It's a tight track so people are in and out of the throttle a lot, especially the liter bikes.

Nice, thanks. Trying to get a trailer and some gear together so maybe next year.
    2007 HONDA CBR1000RR

Nice, thanks for posting.
    I was just to the right of you at the start. (White Triumph, black leathers and lime green helmet). I got a great start and was able to move up several places but ended up 6th and the end. You got by me on lap 3 going into turn 4.
    I pretty pleased since I haven't been on the bike since round 2. Can't wait for next year!

I've got some video as well just need to find time to edit it. Got some good footage of the 2 bikes colliding in turn 5. I had to run off to miss them.

I was wondering who that was. I was following you around during second practice too. I've never been on that track before, so it was an all new experience for me.

Part up the video when you get the time, I'd love to see what you got.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Any idea your times? You can brake wayyyyyyy later FWIW.

Way to go wick!! Proud of you dude, way to make a dream come true!! Gonna race more next year too?
    Whatever jack ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I was wondering who that was. I was following you around during second practice too. I've never been on that track before, so it was an all new experience for me.

Part up the video when you get the time, I'd love to see what you got.
    Well for your first time on that track you did awesome! Congrats.

I'm having issue trying to find a way to edit my video so I'll post it as soon as I can. Don't have a good program to do so right now. Tried a couple but not having any luck. Got any recommendations for programs to edit GoPro HD video in windows?
    // MRA #888 //

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    Any idea your times? You can brake wayyyyyyy later FWIW.
    During Open Endurance I ran a 1:03. NovO was only my third time on the track, so I was still learning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinbabe View Post
    Way to go wick!! Proud of you dude, way to make a dream come true!! Gonna race more next year too?
    Yep, committed to a full season next year.
    Well for your first time on that track you did awesome! Congrats.

I'm having issue trying to find a way to edit my video so I'll post it as soon as I can. Don't have a good program to do so right now. Tried a couple but not having any luck. Got any recommendations for programs to edit GoPro HD video in windows?
    I use Sony Vegas for mine, but I don't use it to it's potential.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

1:03 is pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQOH...ature=youtu.be

Here you go, More NGTO footage from my camera. You pass me on the inside going in to turn 4 at about 3:20

Bike goes down in exit of turn 7 @ 2:32

2 bikes crash into each other in turn 5 @ 5:39

Another goes off at entrance of turn 7 @ 6:56

Why was everyone crashing in front of me?? :-)

/
    // MRA #888 //

Was that David (303 Cycle) that came together with the other guy?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Not sure who it was? It happened so quick I was just trying to get out of the way. Was much closer then it looks in the video. That GoPro fisheye lens makes it look further away then it really is.

// MRA #888 //

Wow that looks similar to what happened at HPR

Yes, it was. He was telling us that his bike landed on him and they both slid on the other one. So there was very little damage to his bike. Which, is lucky. But sucks that he was stuck in between them for so long.

Not sure who it was? It happened so quick I was just trying to get out of the way. Was much closer then it looks in the video. That GoPro fisheye lens makes it look further away then it really is.

I know all about that! Things are way closer than they look on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyven View Post
    Yes, it was. He was telling us that his bike landed on him and they both slid on the other one. So there was very little damage to his bike. Which, is lucky. But sucks that he was stuck in between them for so long.
    Damn, that sucks. Looks like the other guy was a little hasty to get in there before the chicane. He doing ok?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Damn, that sucks. Looks like the other guy was a little hasty to get in there before the chicane. He doing ok?
    Yes, was uninjured. He said he had time to reach over and turn his bike off as they were sliding

I heard that Dave went down, saw him later and he seemed fine. I know Kurt also collided with a lapped rider as well. Wayne went down pretty hard and so did Mike A and Joe but in a different race.

The infield after the horseshoe is one of the reasons I don't like that track much, the passing gets pretty hairy at times. I passed a few in that chicane and you have to take chances and force your way through and make the other rider yield the position, or you will be following them around for another lap, especially on the lightweights chasing middleweights. But that pass should have been made to the left side, it would have been clean and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    The infield after the horseshoe is one of the reasons I don't like that track much, the passing gets pretty hairy at times. I passed a few in that chicane and you have to take chances and force your way through and make the other rider yield the position, or you will be following them around for another lap, especially on the lightweights chasing middleweights. But that pass should have been made to the left side, it would have been clean and quick.
    That is a tough one. I have back off a pass there many times because I thought I might force the other guy out even though I had a much faster pace. Those cones are hard to judge since you tend to look at the pavement lines. Those cones narrow down the line quickly,

Last edited by Graphite675; Tue Sep 18th, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
    // MRA #888 //