Thread: Kid passenger no helmet

Kid passenger no helmet

I've seen this twice already in colorado springs and it's irritating. I just drove by a bald dude on a black bike with what looked like a ~7 year old girl who was not wearing a helmet, not long sleeves, pants, or gloves. What a crappy father. It was on powers near north carefree

Not only is it illegal, but pretty screwed up if you let your kid not wear any protection while on a sportbike (especially, at least some cruisers have a sofa in the back).

If you happen to be that guy, you are a douche and should be heavily fined.

It's one thing not wearing a helmet, you know the risk, but kids are different. Very crappy parenting.
    -luper
    2008 SV650N

Re: Kid passenger no helmet

Unfortunately things of this sort happen all the time and all we can do is rant with opinion. I dk if its illegal since there is no helmet law here but dk if it applies to youth as well

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Unfortunately things of this sort happen all the time and all we can do is rant with opinion. I dk if its illegal since there is no helmet law here but dk if it applies to youth as well
    under 18 passenger or operator MUST wear a helmet while on a motorcycle.
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini
    87' VFR700...the daily ride

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by maktastik_jr. View Post
    100% illegal if they are not wearing a brain bucket.

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Someone needs to snag a plate, a picture, and call CSP on him.

I for one have always had my kids in a full bucket, a jacket, jeans and at least ankle high boots any time they've ridden with me - or they don't ride.

To do otherwise is unthinkable as far as I'm concerned.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by maktastik_jr. View Post

,,,,,, Tylor is fully aware he must have his Gear when I pick him up from School, if he is even missing his jeans, guess who's WALKING 3 miles home
    Last edited by DemonRider; Thu Oct 4th, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Gold Member

Not my life. Who cares.

We care, carry on.

Gold Member

If they had ACTUALLY cared they would have sone something besides posting a pointless rant on csc.

Isnt pointless discussions about 90% of the stuff here anyways? If you dont care then dont post and carry onto the next pointless thread you may care about lol

Gold Member

Just calling it as i see it. Ive never been one for the circle jerk.

SO, vis-a-vis, is this unethical? I think they're just grocery shopping, those irresponsible fools!

For better or worse, I think it's the parents' prerogative. They're not your children, don't act like it.

Last edited by TransNone13; Thu Oct 4th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.

There you go, he called it as he saw it rant style and you called it as you saw it not caring style lol, like said lets carry on lol

Gold Member

Oh im sorry bro. I forgot crying about other people and what they do is how colorado works. Again if this was actually a issue do something. If you are to ignorant to know underaged riders need to wear a lid thats not my fault. If you just want to cry about other pwople but not say anything to them then you are a coward. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Oh im sorry bro. I forgot crying about other people and what they do is how colorado works. Again if this was actually a issue do something. If you are to ignorant to know underaged riders need to wear a lid thats not my fault. If you just want to cry about other pwople but not say anything to them then you are a coward. Simple.
    You would be pleasantly surprised to see me in action when I see someone doing something with thier child that would have there kid taken away from them (and I base my child raising rules and skills the way they were in the 80s not todays generation).

I don't complain I say and do something, Ive yelled at an old lady who was smacking her grandchild because she was crying at the taste of Colorado, made that bitch fear for her life, I've yelled and almost got into a fight at Safeway because a dad was letting his kids run through aisles and knock crap over. I don't tolerate bad parenting and I am not one to just watch it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I don't complain I say and do something, Ive yelled at an old lady who was smacking her grandchild because she was crying at the taste of Colorado, made that bitch fear for her life, I've yelled and almost got into a fight at Safeway because a dad was letting his kids run through aisles and knock crap over. I don't tolerate bad parenting and I am not one to just watch it happen.
    Epic, wish more people took an interest when it involves kids, safety, or other helpless people.

I would definitely report someone to the cops if their kid was on a motorcycle without gear. That parent is a fucking idiot, period. Look at how CSC yells at adults for not wearing adequate gear, because no matter how skilled you are, it's all the OTHER brain-donors out there that can kill you. With a kid, that totally crosses the line.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Well I didn't see it so can't say there but would've done something about it. As for the author not my call as of why he did not and well not questioning his reasons. This is a public forum, if he decided to rant then be it.

Gold Member

Grim this does not surprise me one bit. Good work.

Vlad. Yes it is a public forum. So he is taking public criticism.

I'm from a state that helmets are required so it is weird to see no helmets anyways but yeah definitely illegal.

You can call me whatever you want buddy via an online forum post, I know what I'm not... #1townie.. lol

Anyways, I wish I could have said something but seeing how they were in left turn lane and I was in far opposite lane going straight and was getting ready for work after that, I didn't think it was worth it at the time. Coincidentally the father(I'm assuming) was talking to the driver in the turn lane next to him.. I assume they were talking about the weather? Again if the opportunity arises sure I would say something just as I would stop and help someone on the road or give out money... this case wasn't a good time.

I also hardly believe that its fair to compare a family in the middle-east to this... Then I could complain about how my wife asked to drive the family motorcycle-car and how illegal that is, different culture.

Regardless, a forum typically has rants, the purpose of the post really was: Do you think kids should wear helmets or is it a big deal? Next time I will make sure the explicitly write it out for some of ya who are easy to attack.
    2008 SV650N

Gold Member

Whatever buddy. If it was that big of a deal you should have turned his ass in. Oh wait he was turning. Epically impossible to catch up to him to get a plate number. Better just post it on a website.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    We care, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I don't tolerate bad parenting and I am not one to just watch it happen.
    You have a kid, right?
    Last edited by Zach929rr; Thu Oct 4th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post

You have a kid, right?
    Yup a 2 1/2 year old girl.

The premises of my attitude is because i do have a kid so i understand yes it can be tough at times but abuse and just letting your child do whatever the hell they want is a recipe for a troubled child in the future.